Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: What positions should the front office focus on in the 2014 NFL Draft?
Outside Linebacker 21 23.33%
Tackle (Offense) 48 53.33%
Safety 12 13.33%
Inside Linebacker 17 18.89%
Center 26 28.89%
Cornerback 29 32.22%
Wide Receiver 32 35.56%
Guard 9 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

2014 NFL Draft

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; the saints always get a player or two that they take two years or so to develope. My vote goes to Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB/WR/S Nebraska others over looked or being dissed Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma Here is a player that ...

Like Tree466Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #41
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,751
Blog Entries: 40
Re: 2014 NFL Draft

the saints always get a player or two that they take two years or so to develope. My vote goes to

Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB/WR/S Nebraska

others over looked or being dissed

Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
Here is a player that has taking a beating and i think maybe a steal at the bottom of round 2. the talent and skills are there.


Ty Zimmerman, FS Kansas State is a prospect worth looking at on day 3. smart tackling machine.

Brian Blechen, SS/OLB Utah
another solid day 2/3 prospect. size of a OLB and speed of a SS

Trevor Reilly OLB/SS Utah
what a nice problem to have in Utah. here is a sky maybe limit prospect

Jr i am waiting on are
Trey DePriest ILB Bama
Ed Reynolds, S (Stanford)
Cody Hoffman, WR, BYU
Ty Montgomery WR/KR Stanford

There is a "Report Post" button underneath everyone's avatar.
"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt!!!!!
hagan714 is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #42
Bounty hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Nashville
Posts: 486
Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I'd like a stud FS too, but speed at LB and LT are bigger priorities to me, even OC
I still think we should move forward with Terron Armstead as LT. He has all-world potential. All he needed was some time to bulk up and gain weight. He's been in our system for a year now, that should be enough time. He should start next year.

If Ha'sean Clinton-Dix is available at our pick, we should absolutely pull the trigger on him imo. Him and Vaccaro would be a SICK duo. If he's gone though, I want an OLB. Kyle Van Noy out of BYU, specifically. He excels in pass coverage which is something none of our current OLBs can say. Heck, honestly, I think it would be a great idea if we take Van Noy transition him to ILB, replacing Lofton.
SaintLeonard is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #43
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 538
Re: 2014 NFL Draft

It is amazing what the Saints record is after seeing all these holes in the team. Imagine what Drew could do with a team with talent like Seattle, maybe if Drew could spare a few dollars we could have talent like that.
Schmohams is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #44
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 538
Re: 2014 NFL Draft

We should get Kromer to come back and ask him to pick OL in every round.
Schmohams is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #45
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,961
Blog Entries: 13
Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Originally Posted by SaintLeonard View Post
I still think we should move forward with Terron Armstead as LT. He has all-world potential. All he needed was some time to bulk up and gain weight. He's been in our system for a year now, that should be enough time. He should start next year.
Leo, actually he was just drafted this April, sp he's only had the OTC/Training Camp and this partial season to learn, but I agree that you draft 'em and play 'em to see if they're the goods; let the youth and energy offset the rookie mistakes and inexperience will fade with more playing time...

Originally Posted by SaintLeonard View Post
If Ha'sean Clinton-Dix is available at our pick, we should absolutely pull the trigger on him imo. Him and Vaccaro would be a SICK duo. If he's gone though, I want an OLB. Kyle Van Noy out of BYU, specifically. He excels in pass coverage which is something none of our current OLBs can say. Heck, honestly, I think it would be a great idea if we take Van Noy transition him to ILB, replacing Lofton.
They're are as big an impact free safeties that will be available in rounds two and three, I really would like to grab a ready to geaux offensive tackle or freak linebacker with that first round pick...Van Noy will probably not fit into future plans for this defense and he'll be gone by the time we pick at 32...
hagan714 likes this.

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #46
Bounty hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Nashville
Posts: 486
Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Leo, actually he was just drafted this April, sp he's only had the OTC/Training Camp and this partial season to learn, but I agree that you draft 'em and play 'em to see if they're the goods; let the youth and energy offset the rookie mistakes and inexperience will fade with more playing time...



They're are as big an impact free safeties that will be available in rounds two and three, I really would like to grab a ready to geaux offensive tackle or freak linebacker with that first round pick...Van Noy will probably not fit into future plans for this defense and he'll be gone by the time we pick at 32...
Haha, good point on Armstead. Although I was more or less talking about a "football year" than an actual 12 months. He's had OTAs and this whole season, and will also have OTAs next year.

Are there any other safeties besides Clinton-Dix that are starter potential? I haven't really done my research on that position, I just know Clinton-Dix because he's supposed to be a first rounder. Who are some other free safeties I should keep my eye on?
SaintLeonard is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #47
Cake or Death?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,486
Re: 2014 NFL Draft

1. Armstead had been on injury list for awhile. Not sure how ready he is at this point. Plus Brown beat him out. Ugh.

2. Clinton-Dix will never slide to our spot unless we do the impossible and miss the playoffs.
exile is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 03:55 AM   #48
500th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: born And raised in NOLA, now live in Los Angeles
Posts: 746
Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Originally Posted by SaintLeonard View Post
Haha, good point on Armstead. Although I was more or less talking about a "football year" than an actual 12 months. He's had OTAs and this whole season, and will also have OTAs next year.

Are there any other safeties besides Clinton-Dix that are starter potential? I haven't really done my research on that position, I just know Clinton-Dix because he's supposed to be a first rounder. Who are some other free safeties I should keep my eye on?
A guy I really like is Ed Reynolds from Stanford
lsutigerfan is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #49
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,099
Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Originally Posted by exile View Post
1. Armstead had been on injury list for awhile. Not sure how ready he is at this point. Plus Brown beat him out. Ugh.

2. Clinton-Dix will never slide to our spot unless we do the impossible and miss the playoffs.
Clinton-Dix is currently slotted at 35 on NFLDraftScout. Its possible.
Danno is offline  
Old 12-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #50
Cake or Death?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,486
Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Clinton-Dix is currently slotted at 35 on NFLDraftScout. Its possible.
He is at 30 but the first FS overall. He won't last past the early 20s unless he blows his combine workouts. NFLDraftScout also mocks him at 17 and 24 so far.
exile is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/62855-2014-nfl-draft.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
2014 NFL Draft This thread Refback 12-15-2013 10:55 PM 21


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts