Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Mock Draft Simulator

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by amazin15 I played around on fanspeak for the first time and this is what I got. 27 OT ZACK MARTIN NOTRE DAME 58 S DEONE BUCANNON WASHINGTON STATE 91 CB KEITH MCGILL UTAH 122 C MARCUS MARTIN ...

Like Tree202Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #111
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,267
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by amazin15 View Post
I played around on fanspeak for the first time and this is what I got.

27 OT ZACK MARTIN NOTRE DAME
58 S DEONE BUCANNON WASHINGTON STATE
91 CB KEITH MCGILL UTAH
122 C MARCUS MARTIN USC
155 WR RYAN GRANT TULANE
186 OLB RON POWELL FLORIDA

It's unlikely Martin drops but if he does I don't see us passing. Stick him at tackle until we find the long term solution then shift him to slot when Grubbs and/or Evans move on.


Scouting says because of his build, Marcus Martin will be limited to Center - but he'd be a good one...

Ron Powell has some plus physical talent; but is he past his injuries?!?
MarchingOn likes this.
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #112
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,267
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator

Round 1 (27) Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight 212 lbs.

Round 2 (58) Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame; Height: 6’ 6”; Weight: 270 lbs.

Round 3 (91) Brandon Thomas, OL, Clemson; Height: 6’ 4”; Weight: 316lbs.

Round 4 (122) Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight 249 lbs.

Round 5 (155) Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State; Height: 6’ 4”; Weight: 313 lbs.

Round 6 (186) Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty; Height: 6’ 0”; Weight: 198 lbs.

If OLB Howard Jones, Shepherd University, had been in the player pool would have taken him as high as the fifth round...

Would love to trade back into early round two to select LB Jerry Attaochu and gain another mid round/top 100 pick as this is a deep draft class...

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #113
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,267
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by amazin15 View Post
I played around on fanspeak for the first time and this is what I got.

27 OT ZACK MARTIN NOTRE DAME
58 S DEONE BUCANNON WASHINGTON STATE
91 CB KEITH MCGILL UTAH
122 C MARCUS MARTIN USC
155 WR RYAN GRANT TULANE
186 OLB RON POWELL FLORIDA

It's unlikely Martin drops but if he does I don't see us passing. Stick him at tackle until we find the long term solution then shift him to slot when Grubbs and/or Evans move on.
Powell really has plus athleticism; his issue is health...

Wonder if the second injury was because he came back too soon on bad medical advice or is he fragile (and that's a definite flag for an OLB)...

He was a No. 1 rated, 5-star high school to college recruit that really flashed some pop and wow until his knee injury...

His file would require some serious medical review...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 10:56 PM   #114
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Monroe, LA
Posts: 98
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Powell really has plus athleticism; his issue is health...

Wonder if the second injury was because he came back too soon on bad medical advice or is he fragile (and that's a definite flag for an OLB)...

He was a No. 1 rated, 5-star high school to college recruit that really flashed some pop and wow until his knee injury...

His file would require some serious medical review...
That's why I think he's going in the 6th at best. but with his potential, if he's healthy it would be a huge additional to go with Butler who I think will be a stud, (or a second option in case he isn't)
amazin15 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 05:46 AM   #115
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,267
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by amazin15 View Post
That's why I think he's going in the 6th at best. but with his potential, if he's healthy it would be a huge additional to go with Butler who I think will be a stud, (or a second option in case he isn't)
Actually Powell probably would move behind Butler at the SAM Backer as Galette is pretty much the JACK/LEO Backer...

But we run the 34 a little different in that our natural JACK LB (Galette) lines up on the strong side - probably so we can bring pressure form both sides with Galette and our 5-Tech End Cam Jordan...

Last edited by jeanpierre; 03-07-2014 at 06:41 AM..
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 03-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #116
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,267
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator

Round 1 (27) Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight 212 lbs.

Round 2 (58) Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame; Height: 6’ 6”; Weight: 270 lbs.

Round 3 (91) Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight 249 lbs.

Round 4 (122) Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood; Height: 6’ 1”; Weight 191 lbs.

Round 5 (155) Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State; Height: 6’ 4”; Weight: 313 lbs.

Round 6 (186) Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty; Height: 6’ 0”; Weight: 198 lbs.

Brandon Thomas, OL, Clemson; Height: 6’ 4”; Weight: 316lb, is moving up draft boards...

If we were to select a Tackle in the early rounds, we'd be selecting a Left Tackle...

...thus, moving Armstead, a more athletic linemen to Right Tackle; shouldn't matter when they're selected, but our running and screen game could explode...

Problem is, the better talent at Left Tackle is off the boards by the time we select...

Between the Salary Cap and this Deep Draft Class, wouldn't mind JG going to Miami...

If OLB Howard Jones, Shepherd University, had been in the player pool would have taken him...

Would love to trade back into early round two to select LB Jerry Attaochu and gain another mid round/top 100 pick as this is a deep draft class...

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 AM   #117
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 3,185
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Pretty much going with the offensive overall.
Dee Ford to good to not take in round 1 and enough depth at WR to wait till round 2.
Depth/Competition at OT with James.
Stork looks to have some good potential at C
Landry is better than the combine results,Street has the body to learn under Colston for a year or so. Jalen Saunders is undersized and needs to put on some muscle but he has enough speed and hands to return and cover some of Sproles duties

Round 1 Pick 27: Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
Round 2 Pick 26: Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
Round 3 Pick 27: JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee
Round 4 Pick 26: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State
Round 5 Pick 27: Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh
Round 6 Pick 26: Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma

"Two receivers to the left, Garcon to the right. Manning in the shotgun, puts Collie in motion. Looks in his direction...it's picked off! It's picked off! It's Tracy Porter again! He's runnin' free! He's gonna go all the way!
lee909 is offline  
Old 03-09-2014, 05:26 AM   #118
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,976
Blog Entries: 39
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
Pretty much going with the offensive overall.
Dee Ford to good to not take in round 1 and enough depth at WR to wait till round 2.
Depth/Competition at OT with James.
Stork looks to have some good potential at C
Landry is better than the combine results,Street has the body to learn under Colston for a year or so. Jalen Saunders is undersized and needs to put on some muscle but he has enough speed and hands to return and cover some of Sproles duties

Round 1 Pick 27: Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
Round 2 Pick 26: Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
Round 3 Pick 27: JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee
Round 4 Pick 26: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State
Round 5 Pick 27: Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh
Round 6 Pick 26: Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma
Sp would be giddy
hagan714 is offline  
Old 03-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #119
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 3,185
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Just had a bit of fun mocking for the Browns on first-pick.
If the Browns need a new GM(which they will again) then im free for the right cash. Franchise altering draft right here


Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 16 (DAL): Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M (A)
Round 1 Pick 26: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 3: C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 17 (NYJ): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (B+)
Round 2 Pick 18 (MIA): Dee Ford, DE, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 7: Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU (B)
Round 3 Pick 14 (DAL): Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 16 (NYJ): Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU (B+)
Round 3 Pick 17 (MIA): Brandon Thomas, OG, Clemson (A)
Round 3 Pick 19: Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice (D+)
Round 4 Pick 6: DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 16 (MIA): Trey Millard, FB, Oklahoma (E)
Round 4 Pick 19 (DAL): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 4 Pick 27: Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 5 Pick 5: James Hurst, OT, North Carolina (B-)
Round 6 Pick 4: Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh (B+)
Round 7 Pick 3: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State (B-)


Who says this is hard
hagan714 and jeanpierre like this.

"Two receivers to the left, Garcon to the right. Manning in the shotgun, puts Collie in motion. Looks in his direction...it's picked off! It's picked off! It's Tracy Porter again! He's runnin' free! He's gonna go all the way!
lee909 is offline  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #120
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,267
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Bitter Sweet News for those who hate Mock Drafts...

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator crashed earlier this morning, it's back up...

It's become one popular site...

Despite all the mocks fans et al may draw up, the average selection position that the dBase compiles is useful information in grading a player based on what others are seeing...
jeanpierre is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/63336-mock-draft-simulator.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Mock Draft Simulator This thread Refback 01-01-2014 06:04 PM 59
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-01-2014 02:17 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts