Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Mock Draft Simulator

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I think everyone is waiting on LSU pro day for Landry Stanley Jean-Baptiste - i would not be surprised to see some take him early on because he probably will not be there in round 2 for our pick. the ...

Like Tree202Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 07:04 AM   #201
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,685
Blog Entries: 50
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

I think everyone is waiting on LSU pro day for Landry

Stanley Jean-Baptiste - i would not be surprised to see some take him early on because he probably will not be there in round 2 for our pick. the only thing that hurts him is his lack of playing time as a CB.

Last edited by hagan714; 03-28-2014 at 07:13 AM..
hagan714 is offline  
Old 03-28-2014, 08:39 AM   #202
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 11,357
Blog Entries: 22
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Landry was even being touted by some as better than Odell Beckam Jr...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 03-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #203
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,685
Blog Entries: 50
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Landry was even being touted by some as better than Odell Beckam Jr...
4.77 combine? wth happened there? hands rote running and toughness he is better than Beckham in my book. he might get pigeonholed as a slot only and that would make him drop which if the saints are looking at him that is a good thing
hagan714 is offline  
Old 03-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #204
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 11,357
Blog Entries: 22
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
4.77 combine? wth happened there? hands rote running and toughness he is better than Beckham in my book. he might get pigeonholed as a slot only and that would make him drop which if the saints are looking at him that is a good thing
That's what I mean...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 03-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #205
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 3,415
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Lee, Shazier is barely a 230lb linebacker, you really believe he's a first rounder?!?

Maybe it's my bias, cynicism against Ohio St players and their overall history of flubbing in the NFL, but I see BUST...
I spent a lot of time watching him play the past couple of years and I think his positives are what's going to keep him from having a long career in the NFL. He is a crazy hitter. He kind of reminds me of a berserker Vaccaro. I'm thinkin' he'll have a good year, maybe two then spend the rest of his life in a body cast. I'm thinking Van Noy would be a much better pick and then look at Wisconsin's Borland in the second or third. Those two are about the smartest LB's I say play last year.
hagan714 likes this.

"It's the coaching, stupid!!!" -Jeanpierre
Seer1 is offline  
Old 03-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #206
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 4,490
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Landry was even being touted by some as better than Odell Beckam Jr...
I'm expecting Jarvis to have a much better Pro Day & his body of work don't lie. Some guys just perform when the lights come on. I think this kid is a gamer.
hagan714 likes this.
K Major is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 01:13 AM   #207
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 11,357
Blog Entries: 22
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator

Round 1 (27) Jerimiah Attaochu, OLB, Ga Tech; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight: 252 lbs.
Round 2 (58) Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson; Height: 6’ 4”; Weight: 211 lbs.
Round 3 (91) Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan St; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight 249 lbs.
Round 4 (122) Jerrick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern; Height: 5’ 09”; Weight: 209 lbs.
Round 5 (155) Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty; Height: 6’ 0”; Weight: 198 lbs.
Round 5 (157) Russell Bodine, OL, UNC; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight: 310 lbs.
Round 6 (186) Justin Britt, OT, Missouri; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight: 240 lbs.
alleycat_126 likes this.

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #208
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 11,357
Blog Entries: 22
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I'm expecting Jarvis to have a much better Pro Day & his body of work don't lie. Some guys just perform when the lights come on. I think this kid is a gamer.
K, the lights were on at the combine because that's the biggest mile marker in a pro football player's career...

Don't get me wrong, agree with you he's got talent and I do wish the guy well, but we don't need to invest a high draft pick in a possession receiver...

Especially have we just let one geaux that we developed though getting pricey...

Slow 40 time might not hurt Jarvis Landry in draft | LSU | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, LA

...No one anticipated the 5-foot-11, 205-pound Landry to emerge from the combine as a speedster...But neither did anyone expect Landry would run 40 yards slower than the 306-pound Terron Armstead did at the 2013 combine. Armstead, now a tackle for the Saints, clocked a 4.71...

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 03-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #209
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,685
Blog Entries: 50
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

14 former Yellow Jackets perform drills for NFL scouts
Former defensive end Jeremiah Attaochu healthy

By GEORGE HENRY

Associated PressMarch 28, 2014

ATLANTA -- Defensive end Jeremiah Attaochu reached back slightly for his right hamstring at the start of Georgia Tech's pro day.

It didn't take long though for Attaochu to realize his hamstring was healthy and that he could perform without hesitation in front of NFL scouts on Friday.

"I think I did great," he said. "I surprised myself a little bit. I pushed through and I worked hard. That's all they want to see -- run fast and think fast."

Attaochu, Georgia Tech's career sacks leader, has progressed quickly since tearing his hamstring Jan. 25 at the Senior Bowl.

He missed the league's scouting combine last month in Indianapolis, but went through requisite interviews with several NFL teams, including Tennessee, the New York Jets, New Orleans, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Philadelphia and the New York Jets.

But it wasn't nearly the same as trying to prove himself on the field.

Scouts watched Attaochu and 13 other former Yellow Jackets do some of the same drills used at the combine each year.

Attaochu, who's hoping to be drafted in the second or third round next month, said several scouts told him that he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds.

He reported no problems with changing directions quickly during shuttle drills.

"Being able to show the scouts my athletic ability today was great," Attaochu said. "The film shows that, but being able to reassure them out here at pro day."

Attaochu doesn't seem to lack confidence in talents.

At 6-foot-3, 242 pounds, he's not built big like the NFL's prototypical defensive ends, but Attaochu doesn't fit the mold of an exclusive third-down pass rusher.

Regardless, Attaochu said he's as good in coverage as he is in reaching the quarterback, either coming from a three-point stance or from edge as a linebacker.

"The league is getting more versatile," he said. "They need guys like me that can stand up and put their hand in the ground. That definitely works to my advantage."

Read more here: 14 former Yellow Jackets perform drills for NFL scouts | Georgia Tech | Columbus Ledger Enquirer

"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins
hagan714 is offline  
Old 03-30-2014, 03:43 PM   #210
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 178
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
14 former Yellow Jackets perform drills for NFL scouts
Former defensive end Jeremiah Attaochu healthy

By GEORGE HENRY

Associated PressMarch 28, 2014

ATLANTA -- Defensive end Jeremiah Attaochu reached back slightly for his right hamstring at the start of Georgia Tech's pro day.

It didn't take long though for Attaochu to realize his hamstring was healthy and that he could perform without hesitation in front of NFL scouts on Friday.

"I think I did great," he said. "I surprised myself a little bit. I pushed through and I worked hard. That's all they want to see -- run fast and think fast."

Attaochu, Georgia Tech's career sacks leader, has progressed quickly since tearing his hamstring Jan. 25 at the Senior Bowl.

He missed the league's scouting combine last month in Indianapolis, but went through requisite interviews with several NFL teams, including Tennessee, the New York Jets, New Orleans, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Philadelphia and the New York Jets.

But it wasn't nearly the same as trying to prove himself on the field.

Scouts watched Attaochu and 13 other former Yellow Jackets do some of the same drills used at the combine each year.

Attaochu, who's hoping to be drafted in the second or third round next month, said several scouts told him that he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds.

He reported no problems with changing directions quickly during shuttle drills.

"Being able to show the scouts my athletic ability today was great," Attaochu said. "The film shows that, but being able to reassure them out here at pro day."

Attaochu doesn't seem to lack confidence in talents.

At 6-foot-3, 242 pounds, he's not built big like the NFL's prototypical defensive ends, but Attaochu doesn't fit the mold of an exclusive third-down pass rusher.

Regardless, Attaochu said he's as good in coverage as he is in reaching the quarterback, either coming from a three-point stance or from edge as a linebacker.

"The league is getting more versatile," he said. "They need guys like me that can stand up and put their hand in the ground. That definitely works to my advantage."

Read more here: 14 former Yellow Jackets perform drills for NFL scouts | Georgia Tech | Columbus Ledger Enquirer
If I remember correctly, we had a higher interest in Attaochu at the Senior Bowl also.
jjasso007 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/63336-mock-draft-simulator.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Mock Draft Simulator This thread Refback 01-01-2014 06:04 PM 59
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-01-2014 02:17 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts