Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Mock Draft Simulator

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Surprised to see some major news sources (not being Bleacher Report and Yardbacker), having mock drafts of Jordan Matthews selected in round 2 to teams after our second pick... IF Matthews is there in Round 2, don't be surprised Payton ...

Like Tree202Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 06:34 PM   #261
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,460
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Surprised to see some major news sources (not being Bleacher Report and Yardbacker), having mock drafts of Jordan Matthews selected in round 2 to teams after our second pick...

IF Matthews is there in Round 2, don't be surprised Payton selects JM, if not Round 1...
hagan714 likes this.
jeanpierre is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 04-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #262
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,460
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

On the Clock Premium: Fanspeak's NFL Mock Draft Simulator

Made it happen with two (2) aggressive trades...


First, couldn't resist grabbing Morgan Moses at this spot; Fanspeak has got him rated way too low, he's a first rounder for sure, so...

Round 1 (27) Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia; Height; 6’ 6”; Weight: 314 lbs.


Didn't want Attaochu to get away and fall to division rivals so Saints send a 2015 first round pick and the 2014 fifth round pick (169) to Houston for the second round pick (33) and selected...

Round 2 (33) Jerimiah Attaochu, OLB, Ga Tech; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight: 252 lbs.


And then Moncrief was there again so and wanted Payton to have Christmas in May so...

Round 2 (58) Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss; Height: 6’ 2”; Weight 221 lbs.


Well, when the third rounder came I was going to select Jordan Tripp, ILB, Montana, but couldn't resist...

Round 3 (91) Weston Richburg, C, Colorado St; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight 298 lbs.


Still wanted to upgrade inside linebacker and though Tripp was gone, got my defensive signal caller and enforcer in...

Round 4 (122) Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan St; Height: 6’ 3”; Weight 249 lbs.


Second move with flow of availability at cornerback, had Saints send fifth round pick (167) and sixth round pick (202) for rebuilding Jacksonville (144) first fifth round pick...

Round 5 (167) Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty; Height: 6’ 1”; Weight: 205 lbs.


And that was that...

With Loomis barely leaving enough salary cap money to sign a lot of picks, so I decided to make them really count...

And with so few apparent holes on the team, went for huge upgrades or great development depth and I liked the way it worked out...

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator: Beta (No Trades)

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator: Premium (Trades) Cost - $4.95usd (PayPal)

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock

Last edited by jeanpierre; 04-19-2014 at 03:55 PM..
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 04-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #263
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,460
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by Sarik View Post
I would be very happy with this draft, although i'd want Allen Robinson all areas seem to be filled very nicely. I think jeanpierre & hagan would be A ok with this draft as well, We can only hope things go this well on draft day.

Enjoy...


27 OLB, JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU - GEORGIA TECH

58 CB, STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE - NEBRASKA

91 WR, DONTE MONCRIEF - OLE MISS

126 WR, BRANDON COLEMAN - RUTGERS

167 C, BRYAN STORK - FLORIDA STATE

169 RB, DE'ANTHONY THOMAS - OREGON

202 CB, AARON COLVIN - OKLAHOMA

I felt the talent & upside of Aaron Colvin was too good to pass up with our final pick in the 6th round once he gets 100%. Would have time to ease his way back with the drafting of SJB & signing of champ to coach him up

Brandon Coleman is intriguing, for sure...

But for some reason, he hasn't been able to take his game up to the level his physical presence would suggest...

If Colvin is there, that's a great pick to invest...

Stork reminds me of a Stork with those miniscule legs; reminds me of the Matt Tennant selection...

Sproles has been a great talent - but I wouldn't limit myself to looking for a scat back that size to replace him, which, is foolish to think you can replace a Darren Sproles...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 04-20-2014, 11:02 AM   #264
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,208
Blog Entries: 39
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

27
DT LOUIS NIX
NOTRE DAME
58
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS
VANDERBILT
91
C WESTON RICHBURG
COLORADO STATE
126
WR KEVIN NORWOOD
ALABAMA
167
CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA
169
K CHRIS BOSWELL
RICE
202
C RUSSELL BODINE
NORTH CAROLINA
hagan714 is offline  
Old 04-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #265
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,859
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
27
DT LOUIS NIX
NOTRE DAME
58
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS
VANDERBILT
91
C WESTON RICHBURG
COLORADO STATE
126
WR KEVIN NORWOOD
ALABAMA
167
CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA
169
K CHRIS BOSWELL
RICE
202
C RUSSELL BODINE
NORTH CAROLINA
Two centers and two WR's in this draft? What a beauty, eh? I'm liking that Boswell pick as well.
Seer1 is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #266
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,208
Blog Entries: 39
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

this was the first mock i had were everyone i wanted in the rounds i wanted them were off the board for the most part and i had to do a bit of reaching here and there according to their big board.

DT LOUIS NIX - would solidify the rotation at NT so when Bunk comes to the end of his contract there will be no issues with him walking. 2 years down the road we will be better of at NT than we are today. i would love this pick. he is one of my i hope he falls to us picks. I think he has a solid chance of doing just that.

WR JORDAN MATTHEWS - bit of a gamble to develop into a #1 but not so big it would hurt. i actually believe there is a chance he will be on the board here

C WESTON RICHBURG - an OC that could play OG. pro ready and intelligent and has shot gun snapping down to an art. i was surprised to see him here but an OC seems to be a given in round 3. one of the top 3 because after that there is a huge drop off in talent or players that need serious time to develop.

WR KEVIN NORWOOD - i love the size and the flexibility he bring to a team. slot or wide he knows how to work the field. possible developmental as a #2

CB AARON COLVIN - gotta go with an injury flyer on him in my book. first round skill set. go into the season with Robinson returning and keep your fingers crossed.

K CHRIS BOSWELL - this was a hard pick to make but he hammered home his pro day, hitting everything. of all the K out there i keep coming back to him

C RUSSELL BODINE - he is an OG in my book that can play OC. the saints would go into the season with litto and bodine as backups. who knows in two years we may have a starter in the group or quality back ups battling it out. either way it looks to be a win win to me.

There is a "Report Post" button underneath everyone's avatar.
"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt!!!!!
hagan714 is offline  
Old 04-22-2014, 06:56 AM   #267
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,460
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
this was the first mock i had were everyone i wanted in the rounds i wanted them were off the board for the most part and i had to do a bit of reaching here and there according to their big board.

DT LOUIS NIX - would solidify the rotation at NT so when Bunk comes to the end of his contract there will be no issues with him walking. 2 years down the road we will be better of at NT than we are today. i would love this pick. he is one of my i hope he falls to us picks. I think he has a solid chance of doing just that.

WR JORDAN MATTHEWS - bit of a gamble to develop into a #1 but not so big it would hurt. i actually believe there is a chance he will be on the board here

C WESTON RICHBURG - an OC that could play OG. pro ready and intelligent and has shot gun snapping down to an art. i was surprised to see him here but an OC seems to be a given in round 3. one of the top 3 because after that there is a huge drop off in talent or players that need serious time to develop.

WR KEVIN NORWOOD - i love the size and the flexibility he bring to a team. slot or wide he knows how to work the field. possible developmental as a #2

CB AARON COLVIN - gotta go with an injury flyer on him in my book. first round skill set. go into the season with Robinson returning and keep your fingers crossed.

K CHRIS BOSWELL - this was a hard pick to make but he hammered home his pro day, hitting everything. of all the K out there i keep coming back to him

C RUSSELL BODINE - he is an OG in my book that can play OC. the saints would go into the season with litto and bodine as backups. who knows in two years we may have a starter in the group or quality back ups battling it out. either way it looks to be a win win to me.

Colvin has the skills, even if he rehabs in full, is he more of a zone cornerback or can he play man-to-man with the larger receivers in the NFL?!?
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 04-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #268
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,208
Blog Entries: 39
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post

Colvin has the skills, even if he rehabs in full, is he more of a zone cornerback or can he play man-to-man with the larger receivers in the NFL?!?
Press coverage all the way. a bit overly aggressive and loves to feel up the WR so he needs to learn not to be so touchie feelie. This killed him this year and dropped his stock. he was a 1/2 guy to start the season then a 2/3 by the end. teams attacked trying to get a flag more than trying to get a completion. he got his fair share thrown at him. that is all coaching in book. in the old days that was not a foul.

Run support is a strong suit also. if the medical and doctors work check out he would be a steal.
jeanpierre likes this.

There is a "Report Post" button underneath everyone's avatar.
"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt!!!!!
hagan714 is offline  
Old 04-23-2014, 07:43 AM   #269
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,460
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Well Schoop & Co. finally added OLB Howard Jones to the FanSpeak dBase a few weeks ago...

Now to get Middle Tennessee State Offensive Guard Josh Walker added...

Saints could have him graded as a fifth round selection...
hagan714 likes this.

Last edited by jeanpierre; 04-23-2014 at 07:47 AM..
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 04-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #270
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 3,328
Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Well Schoop & Co. finally added OLB Howard Jones to the FanSpeak dBase a few weeks ago...
You are going to cry like a baby when I steal lollipop if we don't take him aren't you
hagan714 likes this.
lee909 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/63336-mock-draft-simulator.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Mock Draft Simulator This thread Refback 01-01-2014 06:04 PM 59
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-01-2014 02:17 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts