Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Keenan Lewis

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by lumm0x He went from being what I thought was a decent off season pick up to likely our best team addition save Rob Ryan. We need him back desperately. White and Sweeting won't cut it vs. Seattle. ...

Like Tree28Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 03:31 PM   #31
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,383
Blog Entries: 40
Re: Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by lumm0x View Post
He went from being what I thought was a decent off season pick up to likely our best team addition save Rob Ryan. We need him back desperately. White and Sweeting won't cut it vs. Seattle.
while i agree with you i have to say they did not play that bad. white was made a fool of when he got pushed behind the wr.

Sweeting did what he could and kept the wr in front of him.

i think we got lucky and those two did not get burned for quick scores given the fact we could not get any pressure on the QB with our DL. dude could eat a sandwich and have a beer back there. coverage last night was excellent

starting in place of lewis? i can say i would not be happy with that one.

There is a "Report Post" button underneath everyone's avatar.
"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt!!!!!

Last edited by hagan714; 01-06-2014 at 11:59 PM..
hagan714 is online now  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 01-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #32
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,797
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Photos from postgame, Lewis STILL pissed off and wants to go into the game..... in the 5th quarter lol

That was from and hour ago. He still thinks the game is playing.
pherein is offline  
Old 01-06-2014, 05:34 AM   #33
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Katy, Tx a suburb of Houston
Posts: 2,002
Re: Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
while i agree with you i have to say they did not play that bad. white was made a fool of when he got pushed behind the wr
To me he's you can tell White is learning little techniques on the fly... but in no way has had enough time to be up to speed with a Jabari, or Keenan...

In the first pass where Jackson gets the 44 yrd catch... White used the sidelines as another defender like you would train a CB to do... Jackson even steps out of bounds to boot.... If the refs were watching the play that would, and should have been ruled incomplete...

In the second pass thrown his way, he was beaten although not badly, you can tell Jackson knew he wasn't gonna catch the ball. And he made a veteran Wide receiver move by turning back into white and forcing contact... He's been thrown into the fire a plenty this season... it's admirable what he's doing under the circumstances.
frydaddy likes this.

You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house, and if have a glass jaw you should watch your mouth..... cause I'll break your face!!! -50 cent
alleycat_126 is offline  
Old 01-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #34
xan
Professor Crab and
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Princeton
Posts: 3,030
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Keenan Lewis

Why didn't they show replays of the feet oob? They put nearly every play up from multiple angles all night and there are 4 angles of cameras on every sideline. As it was an important play, why did it get ignored?
xan is offline  
Old 01-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #35
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by alleycat_126 View Post
To me he's you can tell White is learning little techniques on the fly... but in no way has had enough time to be up to speed with a Jabari, or Keenan...

In the first pass where Jackson gets the 44 yrd catch... White used the sidelines as another defender like you would train a CB to do... Jackson even steps out of bounds to boot.... If the refs were watching the play that would, and should have been ruled incomplete...

In the second pass thrown his way, he was beaten although not badly, you can tell Jackson knew he wasn't gonna catch the ball. And he made a veteran Wide receiver move by turning back into white and forcing contact... He's been thrown into the fire a plenty this season... it's admirable what he's doing under the circumstances.
I agree, white is learning.. On that first pass, he actually has the receiver in the air and had he turned left instead of right, he could have thrown him OB.
TheOak is offline  
Old 01-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #36
100th Post
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 250
Re: Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by xan View Post
Why didn't they show replays of the feet oob? They put nearly every play up from multiple angles all night and there are 4 angles of cameras on every sideline. As it was an important play, why did it get ignored?
hmmmm could it be if they showed it to much then payton throws flag an the refs an comm mr G have to decide can they pass standard smell test to put the shaft to the saints.I thought he was out me an my brother both voiced it at the same time.Just me but i think if one of the two on tv messed up an voiced his opinion which think he wished he had kept his trap shut i base this that it was almost like he instantly realized upps i messed up.After all without this play philly had no way most likely gets back in the game.But thats me i also believe more than one person shot JFK back in 63.
hennr is offline  
Old 01-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #37
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,483
Re: Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by hennr View Post
hmmmm could it be if they showed it to much then payton throws flag an the refs an comm mr G have to decide can they pass standard smell test to put the shaft to the saints.I thought he was out me an my brother both voiced it at the same time.Just me but i think if one of the two on tv messed up an voiced his opinion which think he wished he had kept his trap shut i base this that it was almost like he instantly realized upps i messed up.After all without this play philly had no way most likely gets back in the game.But thats me i also believe more than one person shot JFK back in 63.
I'm also on board with the conspiracy theorists.
hagan714 likes this.
Rugby Saint II is online now  
Old 01-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #38
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,092
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Keenan Lewis

He did the job on desean, for sure. There's no doubt that he's the best corner we've had in a minute. But a true shutdown corner has to play like that more consistently, and I haven't seen where he's been dominant like that very often. I'm not knocking at all though, as I never expected him to be Aeneas Williams. He's very, very valuable.
burningmetal is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/63458-keenan-lewis.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest Keenan Lewis News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-04-2014 11:18 PM 1
Keenan Lewis This thread Refback 01-04-2014 10:54 PM 48


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts