Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Who is going to cover Harvin?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Danno Good point, I forgot that, but also remember that Vaccaro graded negative in pass coverage for the majority of his games as a pro. I think Ryan will have multiple answers for Harvin. We'll change up ...

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #11
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 969
Re: Who is going to cover Harvin?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Good point, I forgot that, but also remember that Vaccaro graded negative in pass coverage for the majority of his games as a pro.

I think Ryan will have multiple answers for Harvin. We'll change up on him a lot I'd imagine.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...season-report/


"Analysis: Actually finished the year with our third highest grade of any safety for his work against the run, while also earning a positive for his work in coverage. Just let down by his inability to turn a lot of blitzes into pressure, and a worryingly high (five) penalty count. Added an explosive element to the Saints secondary."

Vaccaro is out of the picture though...

Lets put Harper on him and see how that turns out ...
blackangold is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 01-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #12
Bounty hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Nashville
Posts: 376
Re: Who is going to cover Harvin?

Originally Posted by Seahawks12th View Post
Harvin is made of glass and will probably sprain his toenail in warmups and be out of the game and playoffs, why even waste your time worrying about him?

Adrian Peterson must have been on crack when he said "Percy Harvin is the greatest player I have ever seen". Silly Adrian, your opinion is moot because you know nothing about talented players..
Lol. Is Harvin the best football player YOU have ever seen?

I don't care what AP thinks, that's a laughable comment.
SaintLeonard is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #13
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,933
Re: Who is going to cover Harvin?

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
So no memory of Vaccaro knocking the similarly one-dimensional Ginn on his ass at the line from the Panthers game? Vaccaro's press man coverage would shatter P***y Harvin's fragile body.
Probably more to coverage than blasting a receiver on a rub route.
Danno is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #14
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,933
Re: Who is going to cover Harvin?

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...season-report/


"Analysis: Actually finished the year with our third highest grade of any safety for his work against the run, while also earning a positive for his work in coverage. Just let down by his inability to turn a lot of blitzes into pressure, and a worryingly high (five) penalty count. Added an explosive element to the Saints secondary."

Vaccaro is out of the picture though...

Lets put Harper on him and see how that turns out ...
Why would you want to do that? That's not very smart.
Danno is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #15
100th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 169
Re: Who is going to cover Harvin?

Let me give a little insight on Percy Harvin. He tore his Labrum which was never physically attached properly (a birth defect). He has never played with the ball and socket in perfect harmony. This has always put a tremendous amount of strain on tissue and finally, it tore. This condition has also limited many muscles that have never been used. When they fixed the Labrum, the tissue not only had to heal, but the full range ball and socked triggered muscle use that had normally stayed dormant and that is why his hip was swelling even though there was nothing structurally wrong. The Hawks wanted to give his body time to adjust to his new found muscle tissue which had again, stayed dormant his entire life and now he has even more power. He is not only as fast as he ever was, but now he is fully healed and is fully prepared for physical contact. All week players (Especially from our secondary) have been tweeting how he is "unbelievable" and at times leaving them in the dust. For Richard Sherman to say that if he beats him with one step, it is over is astonishing. Sherman (and his uber competitiveness) never gives props to individual receivers. Go ahead and stick your head in the sand all you want about Harvin, you won't be laughing Saturday!!
Seahawks12th is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #16
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 969
Re: Who is going to cover Harvin?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Why would you want to do that? That's not very smart.
So we can re-live 2010 with GW lol...

RR will scheme correctly. I am not too concerned about our D. If the O comes to play we win easily.
blackangold is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #17
Bounty hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Nashville
Posts: 376
Re: Who is going to cover Harvin?

Originally Posted by Seahawks12th View Post
Let me give a little insight on Percy Harvin. He tore his Labrum which was never physically attached properly (a birth defect). He has never played with the ball and socket in perfect harmony. This has always put a tremendous amount of strain on tissue and finally, it tore. This condition has also limited many muscles that have never been used. When they fixed the Labrum, the tissue not only had to heal, but the full range ball and socked triggered muscle use that had normally stayed dormant and that is why his hip was swelling even though there was nothing structurally wrong. The Hawks wanted to give his body time to adjust to his new found muscle tissue which had again, stayed dormant his entire life and now he has even more power. He is not only as fast as he ever was, but now he is fully healed and is fully prepared for physical contact. All week players (Especially from our secondary) have been tweeting how he is "unbelievable" and at times leaving them in the dust. For Richard Sherman to say that if he beats him with one step, it is over is astonishing. Sherman (and his uber competitiveness) never gives props to individual receivers. Go ahead and stick your head in the sand all you want about Harvin, you won't be laughing Saturday!!
Who's sticking their head in the sand? I never said Harvin isn't a good player.

But for anybody to call him "the best football player I've ever seen" is a completely dumb statement. He's nowhere near the top of the league in terms of best WRs.
SaintLeonard is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #18
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,546
Re: Who is going to cover Harvin?

I don't understand why we're concerned with Harvin. They really don't focus on getting any particular receiver the ball. Wilson takes what the defense gives him and spreads the ball around. While I'm sure he still can hurt us, Percy Harvin really isn't Percy Harvin anymore.

There are only 3 things that concern me.

-Wrapping up Marshawn Lynch
-Limit the amount of plays Russell Wilson makes with his legs
-Not turning the ball over on offense.
Danno likes this.
papz is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #19
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 969
Re: Who is going to cover Harvin?

Originally Posted by Seahawks12th View Post
Let me give a little insight on Percy Harvin. He tore his Labrum which was never physically attached properly (a birth defect). He has never played with the ball and socket in perfect harmony. This has always put a tremendous amount of strain on tissue and finally, it tore. This condition has also limited many muscles that have never been used. When they fixed the Labrum, the tissue not only had to heal, but the full range ball and socked triggered muscle use that had normally stayed dormant and that is why his hip was swelling even though there was nothing structurally wrong. The Hawks wanted to give his body time to adjust to his new found muscle tissue which had again, stayed dormant his entire life and now he has even more power. He is not only as fast as he ever was, but now he is fully healed and is fully prepared for physical contact. All week players (Especially from our secondary) have been tweeting how he is "unbelievable" and at times leaving them in the dust. For Richard Sherman to say that if he beats him with one step, it is over is astonishing. Sherman (and his uber competitiveness) never gives props to individual receivers. Go ahead and stick your head in the sand all you want about Harvin, you won't be laughing Saturday!!

Considering Sherman's 40 time is 4.55 it wouldn't surprise me that Harvin beats him...

Your right though, Harvin is soo scary. For a guy that has never had a 1000 yd season, a guy that has never had more than 7 TDs he sure gets a lot of 'talk'.
blackangold is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,506
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Who is going to cover Harvin?

Originally Posted by papz View Post
I don't understand why we're concerned with Harvin. They really don't focus on getting any particular receiver the ball. Wilson takes what the defense gives him and spreads the ball around. While I'm sure he still can hurt us, Percy Harvin really isn't Percy Harvin anymore.

There are only 3 things that concern me.

-Wrapping up Marshawn Lynch
-Limit the amount of plays Russell Wilson makes with his legs
-Not turning the ball over on offense.
Two things we weren't able to accomplish before.

My concerns (for defense) are
- maintaining gap responsibility
- covering on Wilson roll outs
- defending deep passes off play action
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/63692-who-going-cover-harvin.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-10-2014 05:38 PM 1
Who is going to cover Harvin? This thread Refback 01-10-2014 04:53 PM 21


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts