Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: Jimmy Soft ????
Yes 20 51.28%
No 19 48.72%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

The official ***** and moan thread

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Our offense spending too much time looking CUTE. Alaska...

Like Tree212Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #111
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,471
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Clock managment

Our offense spending too much time looking CUTE.

Alaska
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #112
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 30
Re: The official ***** and moan thread

Originally Posted by W. Kovacs View Post
Don't forget that our Receivers seem completely unwilling (unable?) to fight to get open. I love Coulston but is he a #1 on any other playoff team?

That said, I don't think Drew is the QB he was, even 2 years ago. He's still my favorite player of all time but I think it's time for his role to change a little bit. We need to emphasize the run, then have Drew devastate teams with his accuracy after we've worn them down a bit.

Think of any MLB Pitcher: after a season of hurling pitches their arms aren't quite the same, and later in their careers the effect is even more pronounced. I think the same is happening to Drew. Some of the pressure needs to be taken off of him because by week 14 or so, he's just not the same...
I can accept this more than I can accept simply "It's Drew's fault why we lost the game" or "I'm ready for a new QB." Just want to remind everyone that without Drew we are a 5 or 6 win team at best. Drew is 34 years old and some of you on here make him out to be 40. I'm watching Brady who is 36 going on 37 and he's doing pretty good. He make questionable decisions and throws INT's too, but without Brady, NE is a 7 win team.

Also, I get ticked off reading this about Drew because people don't remember how bad our QB's were before he got here. I'd much rather he finish his career a Saint. He11, I'd put a 41 year old Drew in there over the other 90% of the average or BAD QB's in the NFL.
iceshack149 and W. Kovacs like this.

BACK at blackandgold.net after a long long long time.
limitless is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #113
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,517
Re: Clock managment

Too many personnel changes
Cruize likes this.
brees84 is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #114
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 2,259
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The official ***** and moan thread

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
On don't think Drew lost the game.
I really think he did
pherein is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #115
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Bay
Posts: 3,233
Re: The official ***** and moan thread

Originally Posted by limitless View Post
How can you place this loss on Brees? Ok it wasn't his best game, but seriously brees? I haven't seen a single QB have a stellar game against the Seahawk defense all year long. If anything Brees kept us in the game.

What about Hill dropping the ball or Colston, Sproles, Ingram, or anyone else who dropped balls early on? Mark Ingram dropeed a wide open screen and later he fumbled which cost use a clean 7 points. I don't see how you can put this one square on Brees.
LL, this is the official moan and groan thread, but you can't really listen to what pherein and bandg say right now -- they are drowning their sorrows -- or have completely lost their minds if they are serious. If they are serious then -- ask them which available QB replacement they would bring in -- and on which planet Sean Payton would ever consider that move? His play-calling may be suspect this year but I can assure you SP has not lost his mind.
limitless likes this.
WHODATINCA is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #116
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Broussard,La.
Posts: 959
Re: The official ***** and moan thread

Drew isnt what he was two years ago because he wasnt protected this year like he was two years ago. I guess that goes to show that Drew does not make his linemen better like some people actually believe. Dumbest thing I've ever heard!
W. Kovacs and limitless like this.
Mr.Riaton is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #117
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Bay
Posts: 3,233
Re: The official ***** and moan thread

Originally Posted by Mr.Riaton View Post
Drew isnt what he was two years ago because he wasnt protected this year like he was two years ago.
Thank you.
limitless likes this.
WHODATINCA is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #118
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 514
Re: The official ***** and moan thread

Originally Posted by Mr.Riaton View Post
Drew isnt what he was two years ago because he wasnt protected this year like he was two years ago.
I would argue that he's lost a little bit on the deep ball and his accuracy is not quite what it was.

I really hope that you are right and getting him some protection will see a reverse in this trend. Perhaps the reason he loses a bit toward the end of the year is because of the beating he takes throughout the year.

I still think that he's a top 3-5 QB in the league, I just don't think he's #1 like I did a couple of years ago...
W. Kovacs is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #119
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,471
Blog Entries: 2
Re: The official ***** and moan thread

Originally Posted by limitless View Post
I can accept this more than I can accept simply "It's Drew's fault why we lost the game" or "I'm ready for a new QB." Just want to remind everyone that without Drew we are a 5 or 6 win team at best. Drew is 34 years old and some of you on here make him out to be 40. I'm watching Brady who is 36 going on 37 and he's doing pretty good. He make questionable decisions and throws INT's too, but without Brady, NE is a 7 win team.

Also, I get ticked off reading this about Drew because people don't remember how bad our QB's were before he got here. I'd much rather he finish his career a Saint. He11, I'd put a 41 year old Drew in there over the other 90% of the average or BAD QB's in the NFL.
Hate to break it to you, but there are 7 other QB's still in the playoffs at this moment not named Drew Brees. One of them will wear a Super Bowl ring. He's not even in the top 5 QB's in the game right now, you know. We've got the QB-Payday-Curse since '11.

He really needs to grow some legs when his bubble collapses. Maybe next year we can build him a better bubble.

Alaska
C17-BING and Sinner like this.
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #120
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 2,259
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The official ***** and moan thread

Originally Posted by WHODATINCA View Post
LL, this is the official moan and groan thread, but you can't really listen to what pherein and bandg say right now -- they are drowning their sorrows -- or have completely lost their minds if they are serious. If they are serious then -- ask them which available QB replacement they would bring in -- and on which planet Sean Payton would ever consider that move? His play-calling may be suspect this year but I can assure you SP has not lost his mind.
and you cant listen to what whodat says because it means nothing because hes a loyal homer with no original imformation. Seriously bad passes of the mark for entire , open moore, and dangerious throws. Brees was lucky he wasnt intercepted, and choked later.
To WHOidiot its blind. No one is saying to replace Brees and that is pretty stupid, but that has to be explained to you,because your simplistic.
Brees just played like crap, and you cant handle that, but thats exactly what happened. He lost that game.

Last edited by pherein; 01-11-2014 at 10:56 PM..
pherein is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/63730-official-moan-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The official ***** and moan thread This thread Refback 01-11-2014 08:05 PM 42
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-11-2014 07:54 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts