Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal
View Poll Results: What should the Saints do re: Jimmy Graham?
Negotiate, Re-sign to Contract 56 62.92%
Franchise Tag (Exclusive) 17 19.10%
Franchise Tag (Non-Exclusive) 7 7.87%
Non-Tender Free Agent (Let Him Geaux) 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Jimmy Graham Contract

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; How should the New Orleans Saints handle contract negotiations with Jimmy Graham? | NOLA.com Correct URL...

Like Tree130Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #131
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,460
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Jimmy Graham Contract

How should the New Orleans Saints handle contract negotiations with Jimmy Graham? | NOLA.com

Correct URL
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 01-30-2014, 05:09 AM   #132
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,460
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Jimmy Graham Contract

Drew Brees: Jimmy Graham a tight end, not a receiver - NFL.com

Interesting Drew chimes in with that comment during another player's negotiations...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:08 AM   #133
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,192
Re: Jimmy Graham Contract

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Drew Brees: Jimmy Graham a tight end, not a receiver - NFL.com

Interesting Drew chimes in with that comment during another player's negotiations...
"To be fair, Brees was likely not considering compensation when he gave his response, but rather trying to point out how important Graham is to the Saints' offense."

Drew was speaking purely from the stand point of playing the game. If not, keep in mind that what Jimmy Graham is or isn't could very well come down to a debate or discussion between the NFLPA and the league. Drew is the Saints Player Representative for the NFLPA meaning he will most likely be involved.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:16 AM   #134
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,655
Re: Jimmy Graham Contract

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
"To be fair, Brees was likely not considering compensation when he gave his response, but rather trying to point out how important Graham is to the Saints' offense."

Drew was speaking purely from the stand point of playing the game. If not, keep in mind that what Jimmy Graham is or isn't could very well come down to a debate or discussion between the NFLPA and the league. Drew is the Saints Player Representative for the NFLPA meaning he will most likely be involved.
Quick question? Do you think Brees saying that help or hurt Graham's case if he tries to get WR money? I would say it would being a rep.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:52 AM   #135
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,192
Re: Jimmy Graham Contract

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
Quick question? Do you think Brees saying that help or hurt Graham's case if he tries to get WR money? I would say it would being a rep.
From what I have seen, neither Jimmy Graham, or his agent have ever come out and said anything about Jimmy Graham being a wide receiver. There is a boat load of speculation from fans and the media but that's about all it is. When the question was posed to Jimmy about being FT a TE this year his reply was that being Franchise Tagged would be "really unfortunate". He never mentioned anything about being FT a TE.

And Loomis made it clear that the Saints consider Graham a tight end.

"Isn't that what we drafted him as? Isn't that what he made the Pro Bowl as?" Loomis said. "That's what we see him as, a tight end. ... That's what makes him valuable."

Jimmy Sexton, Grahams agent has not come out and said peep about WR. What Drew Brees said is not going to hurt Jimmy Graham as much as Jimmy spending three seasons accepting accolades as a TE. In interviews he has never associated him self with any players other than TEs.


As the Saints player rep for the NFLPA, knowing all of the above, what other answer could Drew have given when asked?

Pierre Thomas is the #2 receiver for the Saints and 25th in the league in receptions. Should he be paid as a receiver? Classified as a receiver?

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Like and vote https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charl...44287815781246
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:55 AM   #136
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,655
Re: Jimmy Graham Contract

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
From what I have seen, neither Jimmy Graham, or his agent have ever come out and said anything about Jimmy Graham being a wide receiver. There is a boat load of speculation from fans and the media but that's about all it is. When the question was posed to Jimmy about being FT a TE this year his reply was that being Franchise Tagged would be "really unfortunate". He never mentioned anything about being FT a TE.

And Loomis made it clear that the Saints consider Graham a tight end.

"Isn't that what we drafted him as? Isn't that what he made the Pro Bowl as?" Loomis said. "That's what we see him as, a tight end. ... That's what makes him valuable."

Jimmy Sexton, Grahams agent has not come out and said peep about WR. What Drew Brees said is not going to hurt Jimmy Graham as much as Jimmy spending three seasons accepting accolades as a TE. In interviews he has never associated him self with any players other than TEs.


As the Saints player rep for the NFLPA, knowing all of the above, what other answer could Drew have given when asked?

Pierre Thomas is the #2 receiver for the Saints and 25th in the league in receptions. Should he be paid as a receiver? Classified as a receiver?
Very good points!!
TheOak likes this.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #137
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,674
Re: Jimmy Graham Contract

te's a te aways a te
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:44 AM   #138
Cake or Death?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,479
Re: Jimmy Graham Contract

exile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:17 AM   #139
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,460
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Jimmy Graham Contract

ESPN/Triplett Article - Drew Brees of New Orleans Saints stands on table to support Jimmy Graham - ESPN

Last edited by jeanpierre; 02-01-2014 at 05:22 AM..
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #140
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,460
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Jimmy Graham Contract

Who the New Orleans Saints Can Cut to Save Money for Jimmy Graham | Bleacher Report

Know it's BR, but Gus Kattengell is the featured interview, so at least it's a local guy and not some Maryland or Hofstra college kid not going to class, not getting laid, who's football knowledge comes from Madden...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/63780-jimmy-graham-contract.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Jimmy Graham Contract | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-12-2014 11:50 PM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-12-2014 07:43 PM 6
Jimmy Graham Contract This thread Refback 01-12-2014 07:13 PM 48


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts