Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

It's become very apparent

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; If we're going to win another bowl ... We're either going through the Seahawks or the 49ers. If we hope to compete with them we need to overhaul our team. We've already gotten a head start with the resurgence of ...

Like Tree47Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 707
It's become very apparent

If we're going to win another bowl ... We're either going through the Seahawks or the 49ers. If we hope to compete with them we need to overhaul our team. We've already gotten a head start with the resurgence of our defense led by Rob Ryan. Now It's time for the offense to step to the plate. The conservative way of thinking has served us well in developing players that weren't immediate eye openers at first. But our lack of talent is very apparent when playing top-level competition. No matter which way you spin it as of right now we don't have the personnel to compete with the Patrick Willis's of the world nor the Richard Sherman's nor the Aldon Smith's. In the past we have moderately pursued talent that fell to us this time around keeping Brees's clock in mind we need to aggressively pursue weapons.

We need to quit being so doggone nice and start besting folks so bad the talk about running up the score becomes a problem again.

Trade up , sign superstars let's make some darn noise !
OldMaid likes this.

You Can't Say Impossible without first saying Im Possible ...
Saintaintso is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,469
Re: It's become very apparent

Meh, things change so fast. I don't think either team is a flash in the pan. But the Packers looked like an invincible dynasty team 2 years ago and this year they barely scraped their way into the playoffs.

In particular I can see Seattle imploding in a couple of years. They've got a lot of loudmouths. Big thug talk and bravado can get you a ways but sooner or later you're going to come up against a better team and all that evaporates.

I do not want the Saints to strive to become like either of these teams. It is not who we are as a team or city. They get their day in the sun right now and that's fine, but they don't have the class and professionalism of organizations like the Saints, Patriots, Packers and a few other teams that aren't a total thugged-out embarrassment to the league.
jnormand, SapperSaint and TheOak like this.
Jack Vegas is online now  
Old 01-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #3
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 707
Re: It's become very apparent

Dude they're in the Super Bowl and just canned us ...
Saintaintso is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #4
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,469
Re: It's become very apparent

Originally Posted by Saintaintso View Post
Dude they're in the Super Bowl and just canned us ...
So that means we have to sink to their level? No thanks, I'd rather be proud of the team I root for than get another Super Bowl acting like a bunch of thugged-out trash.
Jack Vegas is online now  
Old 01-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #5
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 789
Re: It's become very apparent

Officiating put Seattle in the SB this year to give Peyton Manning a free ride at the Lombardi.

They did in 2006, they did in 2009 although it backfired. They doing it again this year.
Vrillon82 is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,655
Re: It's become very apparent

I have way more confidence in Peyton and his receivers than Seattle and their defense. I fully expect it to be a blowout.
Beastmode is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 01:10 AM   #7
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Bay
Posts: 1,060
Re: It's become very apparent

I don't think the "let's get some more talent" discussion, excludes the idea that the talent can be non-PED shooting gentlemen. I don't think it's an either / or question.
WHODATINCA is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #8
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 273
Cool Re: It's become very apparent

Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
So that means we have to sink to their level? No thanks, I'd rather be proud of the team I root for than get another Super Bowl acting like a bunch of thugged-out trash.
I agree I like my team with it's own identity and one respectable when Sean and Drew came in to town we started this quick strike west coast style spread you find other teams trying to emulate I like the little to no media distractions we get from our players it makes long weeks a bit longer bit i can live with that. I disagree with the Thugged out remark only because its being used out of context, a thug is a one who robs and steals beats innocent people. Football players aren't thugs they compete in the hardest sport on Earth their adrenaline pumping raging testosterone so if they show extra aggression doesn't make them thugs it shows character flaws. They may come from bad neighborhoods do some highly questionable things but thats a persons character. To basically brand ethnic players thugs is an issue deeply embedded in our society we need to do away with. Bill Romanowski, Brian Cushing, Clay Mathews Aaron Rodgers, Riley Cooper, Philip Rivers they all do similar if not identical behavior as said "thugs" do and somehow they aren't "thugs" so in general i don't agree with the misuse of the term yes they are huge Aholes going beyond the game just not thugs call a spade a spade
Halo and jeanpierre like this.

RAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH (╮-)╮┳━┳ (╯□)╯ ┻━┻ *flips table* GET SOME!
VillainAgain is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 AM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,469
Re: It's become very apparent

Originally Posted by VillainAgain View Post
I agree I like my team with it's own identity and one respectable when Sean and Drew came in to town we started this quick strike west coast style spread you find other teams trying to emulate I like the little to no media distractions we get from our players it makes long weeks a bit longer bit i can live with that. I disagree with the Thugged out remark only because its being used out of context, a thug is a one who robs and steals beats innocent people. Football players aren't thugs they compete in the hardest sport on Earth their adrenaline pumping raging testosterone so if they show extra aggression doesn't make them thugs it shows character flaws. They may come from bad neighborhoods do some highly questionable things but thats a persons character. To basically brand ethnic players thugs is an issue deeply embedded in our society we need to do away with. Bill Romanowski, Brian Cushing, Clay Mathews Aaron Rodgers, Riley Cooper, Philip Rivers they all do similar if not identical behavior as said "thugs" do and somehow they aren't "thugs" so in general i don't agree with the misuse of the term yes they are huge Aholes going beyond the game just not thugs call a spade a spade
if you're saying white players aren't generally labeled as "thugs" that might be true. But Bill Romanowski was defeinitely a thug and an embarrassment to his sport. Don't know how you're coming up with those other names though, especially not Rodgers and Rivers who have none of those tendencies.
Jack Vegas is online now  
Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 AM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,469
Re: It's become very apparent

Originally Posted by WHODATINCA View Post
I don't think the "let's get some more talent" discussion, excludes the idea that the talent can be non-PED shooting gentlemen. I don't think it's an either / or question.
It kind of it, in the sense that we don't need to try and acquire players to "match up" with those teams. And I disagree with the premise that we're not good enough to do it right now. We beat the 49ers this year, and played a relatively close game against Seattle in what is supposedly the toughest place to play in the league. Does anybody doubt that if we had hosted Seattle we would have won that game?

This is all a lot of overreaction. There is nothing wrong with the Saints. they don't need to blow up the roster. SP and Loomis need to keep building the team they way they have done so successfully over the last 8 years. And we as fans need to realize that not every year is going to be our year and have faith that eventually it will be our turn again. Because it will.
Dasidreidia and Michigan_SF like this.
Jack Vegas is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/63929-its-become-very-apparent.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-20-2014 01:12 PM 3
It's become very apparent This thread Refback 01-20-2014 12:58 AM 61


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts