Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Two teams One Defense

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; That Seattle defense was just that good.. pretty much all season long. For entertainment value, the Superbowl game was played 2 weeks ago (49ers vs Seattle). Very little 'pop and sizzle' to this one....

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #11
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,088
Re: Two teams One Defense

That Seattle defense was just that good.. pretty much all season long. For entertainment value, the Superbowl game was played 2 weeks ago (49ers vs Seattle). Very little 'pop and sizzle' to this one.
K Major is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 02-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #12
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,148
Re: Two teams One Defense

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
That Seattle defense was just that good.. pretty much all season long. For entertainment value, the Superbowl game was played 2 weeks ago (49ers vs Seattle). Very little 'pop and sizzle' to this one.
Yep, the top 4 teams in the NFL are Seattle, San Fran, Carolina and New Orleans.

My final top 10 power rankings...

1. Seattle
2. San Fran
3. New Orleans
4. Arizona
5. Carolina
6. Denver
7. New England
8. Cincinatti
9. Kansas City
10. Indianapolis
SmashMouth likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 02-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #13
Cake or Death?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,487
Re: Two teams One Defense

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
My final top 10 power rankings...

1. Seattle
2. San Fran
3. New Orleans
4. Arizona
Top 4. Shouldn't we get a Bowl Game? Like the Tostitos Stale Chips Bowl?
exile is offline  
Old 02-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #14
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Two teams One Defense

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
You won't see many dynasty teams anymore with the high QB pay and salary cap. Its all about everyone having a level playing field (well except the Jags and Browns). Its a bit like communism without the cool beards.
Its not only QBs Lee.

2014 Cap Hits

#2 Suh 22m
#6 Mario Williams 18.8m
#8 peppers 18.1M
#9 Fitzgerald 18m
#14 Wallace 17.2m
#16 Johnson 16.4m
#17 Ware 16m
#18 Ngata 16m
#18 Revis 16m
#21 Johnson 15.6m
#22 McCoy 15.6m
#23 Cromartie 14.9m
#24 Long 14.9m

Teams with Multiple top 25 Cap hits
Chicago -2
Tampa bay - 2
Dallas - 2
Detroit - 2
Stl -3


Of the top 25 Cap Hits for 2014 only 13 are QBs.
2014 NFL Top Cap Hit Salaries
TheOak is offline  
Old 02-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #15
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 550
Re: Two teams One Defense

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Derw Brees (in Seattle):
Week 13
147 yards passing
0 Ints
1 TDs
1 Sack
TOTAL Rushing Yards 44
Points Scored 7

Division Round Playoffs (In Seattle)
309 yards Passing
24/43
0 INTs
1 TD
1 Sack
TOTAL Yards Rushing 108
Points Scored 15

Payton Manning (In New Jersey)
280 yards
34/49
2 INTs
1 TD
1 Sack
TOTAL yards rushing 27
Points Scored 8

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember all of the comments from fans and members?
Drew is done
Our offense is soft
We cant run
Wish we had Denver's receivers
Wish we had Payton Manning
Wish we had a RB like Moreno
Sean Payton is a terrible play caller

Apples to apples except we played Seattle in the Clink.


We out ran, passed and scored, the greatest offense in history that had never faced a top 5 NFC defense in that season until the Super Bowl.

Ill take Payton, Brees, our WRs, our RBs, our entire team of the heralded Payton Manning any and every day of the week.
Dont forget those weather conditions we played in at Clink vs the clear SB
CoreyO is offline  
Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #16
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Katy, Tx a suburb of Houston
Posts: 2,032
Re: Two teams One Defense

Originally Posted by dueceloose View Post
I still think we could've beat them..
Change that to can, this is not the last time we will see them if we wanna go further in the playoffs.... And on to the Super Bowl...
alleycat_126 is offline  
Old 02-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #17
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Two teams One Defense

Originally Posted by dueceloose View Post
I still think we could've beat them..
HFA decided that playoff game. Nothing more.
TheOak is offline  
Old 02-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #18
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,312
Re: Two teams One Defense

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Yep, the top 4 teams in the NFL are Seattle, San Fran, Carolina and New Orleans.

My final top 10 power rankings...

1. Seattle
2. San Fran
3. New Orleans
4. Arizona
5. Carolina
6. Denver
7. New England
8. Cincinatti
9. Kansas City
10. Indianapolis
I'd swap SF with New Orleans and Carolina with Arizona. But otherwise, that's about the way I would have listed them too.
Utah_Saint is offline  
Old 02-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,911
Re: Two teams One Defense

Seattle, Denver, New Orleans, New England, San Francisco.
rezburna is offline  
Old 02-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin (knee deep in melted cheese sauce)
Posts: 457
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Two teams One Defense

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Derw Brees (in Seattle):
Week 13
147 yards passing
0 Ints
1 TDs
1 Sack
TOTAL Rushing Yards 44
Points Scored 7

Division Round Playoffs (In Seattle)
309 yards Passing
24/43
0 INTs
1 TD
1 Sack
TOTAL Yards Rushing 108
Points Scored 15

Payton Manning (In New Jersey)
280 yards
34/49
2 INTs
1 TD
1 Sack
TOTAL yards rushing 27
Points Scored 8

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember all of the comments from fans and members?
Drew is done
Our offense is soft
We cant run
Wish we had Denver's receivers
Wish we had Payton Manning
Wish we had a RB like Moreno
Sean Payton is a terrible play caller

Apples to apples except we played Seattle in the Clink.


We out ran, passed and scored, the greatest offense in history that had never faced a top 5 NFC defense in that season until the Super Bowl.

Ill take Payton, Brees, our WRs, our RBs, our entire team of the heralded Payton Manning any and every day of the week.
You cut out the bull and get to the point.
In my short time here, compared to the tenure of others, I credit your no nonsense / no bull method for increasing my succinct knowledge and ability to provide intelligent retorts to attacking cheeseheads.

With your influence and Danno (for the touch of 'tude)...I shred the cheese.
And with this I say Thank you!
Danno and TheOak like this.
MaggieMayTB is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/64153-two-teams-one-defense.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-03-2014 11:07 AM 1
Two teams One Defense This thread Refback 02-03-2014 08:34 AM 25


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts