New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites... (http://blackandgold.com/saints/64823-saints-split-2014-traning-camp-sites.html)

biloxi-indian 03-13-2014 01:28 PM

Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites...
 
Metairie, La. – The New Orleans Saints football operations announced today that the team will split their 2014 Training Camp, presented by Verizon, between the team’s practice facility in New Orleans and The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, WV. Times, locations and dates for the training camp practices will be released at a later date pending the finalization of the 2014 schedule.

As has been the case since 2009, the Saints will practice in New Orleans for a period of time with popular training camp fan engagement enhancements including free parking and seating, open practices at the Saints facility in Metairie, as well as evening practice(s) open to the public at venues located in the greater New Orleans metropolitan area, Saints themed activities for children, autograph opportunities, merchandise sales, concessions, and interactive sponsorship displays.

read more;

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

Crusader 03-13-2014 01:42 PM

Re: Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites...
 
The Greenbrier sounds like a sweet place

exile 03-13-2014 01:50 PM

Re: Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites...
 
I'm okay with this. I bet it's nice up there come summer time.

CharityMike 03-13-2014 01:53 PM

Re: Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites...
 
Don't understand why. Why leave a great facility that is on airline to go way to the east coast?

exile 03-13-2014 01:54 PM

Re: Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityMike (Post 583029)
Don't understand why. Why leave a great facility that is on airline to go way to the east coast?

Coach Sean Payton spent time there last year during an annual PGA event, caddying for Ryan Palmer. Payton realized that the climate, with much less heat and far more infrequent rain, is conducive to getting the most out of the limited reps of permitted during preseason practices under the 2011 CBA.

“No different than we do every year, we evaluate all areas of our operations and look for ways to improve,” Payton said in a team-issued release. “By splitting training camp between New Orleans and The Greenbrier, we will have a great opportunity to further enhance our training camp in 2014. We all understand the importance of training camp and ultimately, that’s to get the team ready for the regular season. As far as the time we will spend at The Greenbrier, it offers a tremendous opportunity to our team in a more moderate summer climate.”

Saints splitting time in training camp between Louisiana and West Virginia | ProFootballTalk

CharityMike 03-13-2014 01:59 PM

Re: Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by exile (Post 583030)
Coach Sean Payton spent time there last year during an annual PGA event, caddying for Ryan Palmer. Payton realized that the climate, with much less heat and far more infrequent rain, is conducive to getting the most out of the limited reps of permitted during preseason practices under the 2011 CBA.

“No different than we do every year, we evaluate all areas of our operations and look for ways to improve,” Payton said in a team-issued release. “By splitting training camp between New Orleans and The Greenbrier, we will have a great opportunity to further enhance our training camp in 2014. We all understand the importance of training camp and ultimately, that’s to get the team ready for the regular season. As far as the time we will spend at The Greenbrier, it offers a tremendous opportunity to our team in a more moderate summer climate.”

Saints splitting time in training camp between Louisiana and West Virginia | ProFootballTalk

Yeah..just read that on PFT. Was about to edit my post. I can see where they coming from. Whatever helps us be more prepared, I'm all good with.

TheOak 03-13-2014 01:59 PM

Re: Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites...
 
A lot of teams camp away, its part of how the NFL contributes to continuities that do not have a team, it helps those fans get closer to the league and its players.

K Major 03-13-2014 02:07 PM

Re: Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites...
 
Looking forward to making the trip back to Metarie again this year.

WHODATINCA 03-13-2014 10:15 PM

Re: Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites...
 
More moderate climate!?! They need to be practicing in the freakin' Arctic where the noise from the polar bears is deafening.

Garry42 03-14-2014 06:49 AM

Re: Saints to split 2014 Traning Camp sites...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 583040)
Looking forward to making the trip back to Metarie again this year.

Me too! Went to camp last year for a few days and really enjoyed it. Much different perspective than watching a game. Hope to make it again this year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com