Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

What About THIS Guy?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I hope he gets a chance this year to get on the field...

Like Tree24Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston Tx
Posts: 1,219
Re: What About THIS Guy?

I hope he gets a chance this year to get on the field
Luda34 is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,637
Re: What About THIS Guy?

Said it a whole bunch of times last preseason, Tanner is a stone-cold ringer for Lance Moore. If he gets a chance he WILL be productive, no doubt in my mind.
MarchingOn likes this.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 11:52 PM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,581
Re: What About THIS Guy?

Why oh why is he so popular? I rather have T.O., Chad, or Moss. I rather have Brandon Lloyd. I rather have Jerry Rice at whatever age he is right now. I wish we'd just cut him and let him go elsewhere so I can stop coming here and reading post about him.
rezburna is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 05:59 AM   #14
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,785
Re: What About THIS Guy?

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
Why oh why is he so popular? I rather have T.O., Chad, or Moss. I rather have Brandon Lloyd. I rather have Jerry Rice at whatever age he is right now. I wish we'd just cut him and let him go elsewhere so I can stop coming here and reading post about him.

He doesn't need to leave the team for you to do that.
nutria and Mr.Riaton like this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,875
Re: What About THIS Guy?

I feel his popularity with some is that he is seen as the "great white hope". If he hasn't been on the active roster it is simply because he isn't good enough. I would rather see the roster spot taken by a more dynamic WR.
rezburna and Lord_Saint83 like this.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #16
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,591
Re: What About THIS Guy?

Originally Posted by QBREES9 View Post
Andy Tanner, did he ever catch on with anyone.
Yes, he signed with the Saints.
Danno is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,637
Re: What About THIS Guy?

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
I feel his popularity with some is that he is seen as the "great white hope".
This is a bunch of BS. Maybe people like him because he has great hands and produces whenever he gets a chance. The color of his skin doesn't need to enter into the equation at all. I like him because he reminds me so much of a young Lance Moore it's uncanny. And if you remember Moore's early career, it took him a while at the bottom of the depth chart and the practice squad waiting for a chance too. I resent the notion that anybody who likes Tanner is some kind of closet racist.

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
If he hasn't been on the active roster it is simply because he isn't good enough.
On the flip side, if he made the active roster last year over a few other deserving players (Roby was our ST captain and Preston Parker was very good in the preseason) AND if Payton went to all the trouble to keep him around on the practice squad all year, then maybe there's something in him that they like and want to develop.

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
Why oh why is he so popular? I rather have T.O., Chad, or Moss. I rather have Brandon Lloyd. I rather have Jerry Rice at whatever age he is right now. I wish we'd just cut him and let him go elsewhere so I can stop coming here and reading post about him.
And the rest of us wish you would stop making nonsensical posts about how terrible you think Strief is, or the continual tirades against Brees in game threads, or any of the other silly crap you say on a regular basis.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #18
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 147
Re: What About THIS Guy?

I personally thought Preston Parker was better and more versatile than Tanner in preseason. I like Tanner but like what Guido said we need a dynamic field stretching wr not another possession wr.
dizzle88 and brees84 like this.
Lord_Saint83 is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 3,998
Re: What About THIS Guy?

Originally Posted by Lord_Saint83 View Post
I personally thought Preston Parker was better and more versatile than Tanner in preseason. I like Tanner but like what Guido said we need a dynamic field stretching wr not another possession wr.
Even though tanner was good in preseason, Preston Parker outplayed everyone! How he didn't get a roster spot is still a mystery to me

he was a better kick and punt returner than sproles right from the start
MarchingOn likes this.
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 03-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #20
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,875
Re: What About THIS Guy?

Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
This is a bunch of BS. Maybe people like him because he has great hands and produces whenever he gets a chance. The color of his skin doesn't need to enter into the equation at all. I like him because he reminds me so much of a young Lance Moore it's uncanny. And if you remember Moore's early career, it took him a while at the bottom of the depth chart and the practice squad waiting for a chance too. I resent the notion that anybody who likes Tanner is some kind of closet racist.
Please re-read my statement. Nowhere did I imply that "anybody who likes Tanner is some kind of closet racist." I never even said "all" or "most" see him as a great white hope. I clearly said "some" which implies a minority.

Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
On the flip side, if he made the active roster last year over a few other deserving players (Roby was our ST captain and Preston Parker was very good in the preseason) AND if Payton went to all the trouble to keep him around on the practice squad all year, then maybe there's something in him that they like and want to develop.
Right now Tanner is nothing more than a placeholder. While he is under contract, that contract is completely non-guaranteed and he is subject to being cut in favor of a more dynamic receiver who has the ability to stretch the field. Joe Morgan may be that player, or it may be someone in the draft or free agency. What he has shown me is that he can catch the ball in the preseason against other hopefuls trying to make a roster. Nothing more or nothing less. I trust the front office to judge his potential.
K Major likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/64949-what-about-guy.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest Andy Tanner News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-22-2014 07:38 PM 1
What About THIS Guy? This thread Refback 03-18-2014 10:06 PM 127
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-18-2014 06:53 PM 9


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts