Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

'No Fun League' lives up to its name

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; You know, you just can't enjoy the NFL without all these celebrations. /sarcasm. If they banned every TD celebration known to man the NFL would still be the most popular sport in America by far. Yes, I'm calling you out... ...

Like Tree11Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #11
Threaded by Danno
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,889

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

You know, you just can't enjoy the NFL without all these celebrations. /sarcasm.

If they banned every TD celebration known to man the NFL would still be the most popular sport in America by far.

Yes, I'm calling you out... If you ever used the term "no fun league" you are a clueless boobonic moron who should probably stick to watching the "Real Housewives of Bumphukanywhere" and give up watching football. You just ain't man enough for it.
Views: 1433
Old 03-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 2,910
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 'No Fun League' lives up to its name

I blame it on the members here that did not participate in the hot chick MOJO. I'm talkin to you OldMaid
Danno likes this.
B_Dub_Saint is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #13
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 334
Re: 'No Fun League' lives up to its name

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
You know, you just can't enjoy the NFL without all these celebrations. /sarcasm.

If they banned every TD celebration known to man the NFL would still be the most popular sport in America by far.

Yes, I'm calling you out... If you ever used the term "no fun league" you are a clueless boobonic moron who should probably stick to watching the "Real Housewives of Bumphukanywhere" and give up watching football. You just ain't man enough for it.
Im pretty sure the players coined the phrase "no fun league" and we hear current and former players use the phrase all the time. Personally I like TD celebrations. The Fun Bunch, the Ickey Shuffle, Chad Johnson, T.O. were all entertaining to me.
billyt81 is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #14
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,410
Blog Entries: 5
Re: 'No Fun League' lives up to its name

I get it... some have to be take out of the game for safety and all but I can't see how some of them are allowed and some aren't...
Euphoria is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #15
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,410
Blog Entries: 5
Re: 'No Fun League' lives up to its name

Originally Posted by Srgt. Hulka View Post
That's because Barry Sanders was just fun to watch, touchdown or no touchdown. Jimmy Graham is not that fun to watch run. It's fun to watch him catch a ball three feet over the defender's head, but running...meh.
I have to agree though, a good old fashion spike is good enough for me.
I totally disagree... once he has the ball and makes a turn I can't wait to see who he is going to try and run over...
Euphoria is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #16
DIE HARD FAN!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: shreveport, la
Posts: 146
Blog Entries: 4
Re: 'No Fun League' lives up to its name

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
A 30 second block of advertisement during an NFL game costs roughly $500k.

How long did it take to fix it? 5 minute minimum? That's $2.5m in air time.

What did it expose? No one thought Grahams dunks would tilt the goal post, when it did the possibility that the next one could have the goal post go over and hit a player became plausible.

Its all about $ and liability.


all you people that keeps talking about liability is full of crap! players have been lambeau leaping for decades and no one thought enough about the players liability or health! like one other person said in their post what if he leaps and gets hurt either leaping into the stands or jumping down? let me tell you the fail-cons goal post wasnt secured in the first place! how many times have j graham dunk the football after a td? how many goal posts were tilted? oh i thought so none, zilch, natta and any other word associated with the #0. this is ridiculous on sooo many levels and everyone is trying to find justification for this hidious rule.
teddybarexxx is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #17
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,153
Re: 'No Fun League' lives up to its name

Originally Posted by teddybarexxx View Post
all you people that keeps talking about liability is full of crap! players have been lambeau leaping for decades and no one thought enough about the players liability or health! like one other person said in their post what if he leaps and gets hurt either leaping into the stands or jumping down? let me tell you the fail-cons goal post wasnt secured in the first place! how many times have j graham dunk the football after a td? how many goal posts were tilted? oh i thought so none, zilch, natta and any other word associated with the #0. this is ridiculous on sooo many levels and everyone is trying to find justification for this hidious rule.

Mr. Potty Mouth, for 23 years players didn't have to wear a helmet, for 40 years football helmets didn't have face masks, then one day someone realized that was not a good idea. Then 16 years after the face mask was implemented someone decided that allowing players to grab it (except for the ball carrier) was not such a good idea. Six Years later someone decided ball carriers should be protected also.

You may consider rethinking your logic and approach.

Last edited by TheOak; 03-27-2014 at 11:15 AM..
TheOak is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #18
DIE HARD FAN!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: shreveport, la
Posts: 146
Blog Entries: 4
Re: 'No Fun League' lives up to its name

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Mr. Potty Mouth, for 23 years players didn't have to wear a helmet, for 40 years football helmets didn't have face masks, then one day someone realized that was not a good idea. Then 16 years after the face mask was implemented someone decided that allowing players to grab it (except for the ball carrier) was not such a good idea. Six Years later someone decided ball carriers should be protected also.

You may consider rethinking your logic and approach.
player safety and player celebrating is a total different beast! like i said before if dunking a football is such a health risk to the nfl and the nfl players then stop players from leaping into the stands where you're more at risk to harm not only yourself but to the fans in the stands. so again this is not about you (the fan) nor the health and safety of the player this is about finding a way to undermind the players individuality! for years end zone celebration has caused controversy especially when the league became more and more african american dominated. hate to use the old race card but since you brought up history that's a fact. the league first started with the taunting rule that's where the t.o and chad johnson's of the league was penalized because the antics they did some felt were taunting so players dont do what i like to call the extreme celebration any more. now its more of a 5 sec dance or a football spike or a lambeau leap or the dunk. maybe this is one more thing to some how undermind the saints organization. idk but no one can explain to me how one incident i repeat one incident where j graham dunked the ball and tilted a goal post cause a rule change?? again why not investigate whether the fail-cons had the goal post secured in the first place because if your saw the dunk it wasnt like he shaquil oneal the darn thing. c'mon!
teddybarexxx is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #19
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: 'No Fun League' lives up to its name

I think the less the NFL uses the word "liability," the better for it.
Its like your girlfriend using the word meunstration. You know she does it.
You just dont need to think about it.
skymike is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #20
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 11,334
Blog Entries: 43
Re: 'No Fun League' lives up to its name

Originally Posted by teddybarexxx View Post
player safety and player celebrating is a total different beast! like i said before if dunking a football is such a health risk to the nfl and the nfl players then stop players from leaping into the stands where you're more at risk to harm not only yourself but to the fans in the stands. so again this is not about you (the fan) nor the health and safety of the player this is about finding a way to undermind the players individuality! for years end zone celebration has caused controversy especially when the league became more and more african american dominated. hate to use the old race card but since you brought up history that's a fact. the league first started with the taunting rule that's where the t.o and chad johnson's of the league was penalized because the antics they did some felt were taunting so players dont do what i like to call the extreme celebration any more. now its more of a 5 sec dance or a football spike or a lambeau leap or the dunk. maybe this is one more thing to some how undermind the saints organization. idk but no one can explain to me how one incident i repeat one incident where j graham dunked the ball and tilted a goal post cause a rule change?? again why not investigate whether the fail-cons had the goal post secured in the first place because if your saw the dunk it wasnt like he shaquil oneal the darn thing. c'mon!
I agree the penalty on dunking is ridiculous compared to jumping in the stands. The NFL is inconsistent at best when it come to player safety and discipline, along with a slew of other issues and problems.

But I disagree with your argument that this is racially motivated per se. The NFL has consistently poo-pooed touchdown celebrations going back way further than T.O. and Ocho Cinco. A lot of modern celebrations date back to the "Fun Bunch" and so many others from late 70's and early 80's. They were mixed race groups celebrating TD's. The NFL killed them which led to the short surge in the USFL years ago.

Without race involved, the NFL has consistently poo poo'd post scoring celebrations for a long time. Personally, when I saw the Graham dunk in the Georgia Dome last year I asked myself "I can't believe they still let him and others do that."
TheOak likes this.

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/65102-no-fun-league-lives-up-its-name.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
'No Fun League' lives up to its name This thread Refback 03-26-2014 07:54 AM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts