Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by TheOak My bad, you are correct. Loomis tendered a guy he wanted to keep on the 6th of March. Bush signs an offer from the Falcons on the 3rd of April, confesses he hopes the Saints do ...

Like Tree57Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #121
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,890
Re: Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
My bad, you are correct.

Loomis tendered a guy he wanted to keep on the 6th of March. Bush signs an offer from the Falcons on the 3rd of April, confesses he hopes the Saints do not match the offer on the 4th of April, then Loomis matches the offer on the 7th of April, nearly 24 full hours before the deadline.

That seem correct?
Not quite, nowhere is there any proof that Bush ever stated anything about not wanting the Saints to match the offer. The ONLY reference to that came from an NFL source. That means either someone from the league office or one of the teams themselves. I seriously doubt the league office would say something like that and the Saints surely wouldn't. Now, who else would have a vested interest in the Saints not matching the deal?

Right!

Only the Falcons!
AsylumGuido is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 04-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #122
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Not quite, nowhere is there any proof that Bush ever stated anything about not wanting the Saints to match the offer. The ONLY reference to that came from an NFL source. That means either someone from the league office or one of the teams themselves. I seriously doubt the league office would say something like that and the Saints surely wouldn't. Now, who else would have a vested interest in the Saints not matching the deal?

Right!

Only the Falcons!
I also have not seen the Falcons offer sheet personally so that was probably a farce also. Is there a video of Dimitroff stating he offered Bush a contract? I do not see a tweet from Bush stating that he did.

Some of these "there is no proof" arguments remind me of Seahawks fans demanding a police report.. Before the internet, nothing happened.
TheOak is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #123
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,267
Re: Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Before the internet, nothing happened.


I was always told: "Where there's smoke, there's a fire"
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #124
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,890
Re: Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
I also have not seen the Falcons offer sheet personally so that was probably a farce also. Is there a video of Dimitroff stating he offered Bush a contract? I do not see a tweet from Bush stating that he did.

Some of these "there is no proof" arguments remind me of Seahawks fans demanding a police report.. Before the internet, nothing happened.
Of course, an offer sheet has to be filed with the league and it was confirmed by many official outlets. The claim that Bush didn't want the Saints to match was solely from one single writer with the Advocate that credited an NFL source alone. There was no confirmation or any other outlet that credited any source as saying the same thing.

But, I am wondering, why are you wanting to believe so badly that Bush doesn't want to be a Saint?
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #125
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,890
Re: Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post


I was always told: "Where there's smoke, there's a fire"
Sometimes there is smoke being put out there wanting people to believe there is a fire.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #126
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,267
Re: Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Sometimes there is smoke being put out there wanting people to believe there is a fire.
No way to know unless the "league sources" are known... doesn't matter though we have Bush for 2 years regardless
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #127
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,890
Re: Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
No way to know unless the "league sources" are known... doesn't matter though we have Bush for 2 years regardless
As I pointed out earlier, it is pretty easy to figure out who the NFL source is. NFL source would not refer to the player, his agent or the players union. That leaves either the league office or one of the franchises. This would not be a subject you would ever expect the league to speak on. That leaves the team's front offices. It makes no sense for the Saints, or any other franchise, to put this out there. That leaves one solitary plausible source ... the Falcons. Not only would they have the motive, but they would have the access as the Advocate writer would have undoubtedly contacted them regarding the story.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #128
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,267
Re: Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
As I pointed out earlier, it is pretty easy to figure out who the NFL source is. NFL source would not refer to the player, his agent or the players union. That leaves either the league office or one of the franchises. This would not be a subject you would ever expect the league to speak on. That leaves the team's front offices. It makes no sense for the Saints, or any other franchise, to put this out there. That leaves one solitary plausible source ... the Falcons. Not only would they have the motive, but they would have the access as the Advocate writer would have undoubtedly contacted them regarding the story.
Guess that makes it a fact then?
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #129
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,890
Re: Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Guess that makes it a fact then?
No. But highly likely. What NFL source do you believe it was that said this to the writer and what is your basis for your opinion?

Well?

Occam's Razor.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #130
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,842
Re: Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet

Here's the deal though: It doesn't really matter whether Bush said it or not. It only matters whether he is willing to play for the Saints at this point.

We are talking about Loomis and Payton here. Do we really think they signed the guy up to come back without making sure everything was on the level?

It probably went something like this:

Mickey Loomis: "Hey Rafael this is Mickey"
Rafael Bush: "yeah, what's up"
ML: "Look here's the deal, if you want to go to the Falcons that's great, we won't match. But I want the chance to change your mind"
RB: "Ok go ahead"

Here's where Rob Ryan comes in, telling him he's an important part of the defense and we're on the verge of a championship, that we need 3 good safeties in this defense, that he'll have the chance to play with freaking studs like Lewis, Vaccaro and Byrd and learn everything he can from a HOFer Champ Bailey, that he'll get the same amount of money and not have to relocate his family, etc. etc. etc. And that the Falcons defense is terrible, has been for years, and there's no reason to suspect anything is about to change anytime in the near future. And besides, didn't they cut you a few years ago anyway?

About this time Bush is beginning to see the light

RB: "Hey Mr. Loomis match the offer, I'm really amped about staying with the Saints"
ML: "Right on, we'll fax you the paperwork right now"

*curtains*
Halo, SmashMouth and brees84 like this.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/65287-rafael-bush-signs-offer-sheet.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 04-03-2014 05:12 PM 3
Rafael Bush Signs Offer Sheet This thread Refback 04-03-2014 04:21 PM 21


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts