Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; if you get 8 games out of Robinson you will be lucky...

Like Tree37Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #31
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,371
Blog Entries: 40
Re: Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

if you get 8 games out of Robinson you will be lucky
hagan714 is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 04-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #32
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,845
Re: Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
if you get 8 games out of Robinson you will be lucky
We might say the same for Bailey
It would be easier if we could pick the 8 for each
hagan714 likes this.

Last edited by hagan714; 04-13-2014 at 04:54 PM..
ScottF is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 04:54 PM   #33
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,371
Blog Entries: 40
Re: Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
We might say the same for Bailey
It would be easier if we could pick the 8 for each
8+8 = 16

greer seals the playoffs
Utah_Saint likes this.
hagan714 is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #34
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,239
Re: Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
I feel like Greer is more of ? mark then Bailey. I keep telling y'all, watch out for Patrick Robinson, and Corey White looks much better at Nickel then as a 1 or a 2.
I think you're right.

In 2011 Patrick Robinson looked great.

In 2012 he looked terrible but the whole defense looked terrible. Even as many yards as he gave up he still only allowed a 55.3% catch rate. That's pretty good.

If he's recovered from his Patella injury, I'm hoping he'll be back to 2011 form in this defense.
Utah_Saint is online now  
Old 04-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #35
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,735
Re: Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
I think you're right.

In 2011 Patrick Robinson looked great.

In 2012 he looked terrible but the whole defense looked terrible. Even as many yards as he gave up he still only allowed a 55.3% catch rate. That's pretty good.

If he's recovered from his Patella injury, I'm hoping he'll be back to 2011 form in this defense.
He can't run that cover 2 scheme. He's press, man to man like all of Florida State's corners.
rezburna is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 04:52 AM   #36
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,719
Re: Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
He can't run that cover 2 scheme. He's press, man to man like all of Florida State's corners.
I got a feeling we press alot this season with a single high FS and 2 SS, my opinion it would be crazy not to. I think White will shine in the slot. I like Robinson, good when healthy but he has to stay healthy. Last season taught White what it takes to be a #2 corner, I thought he held up well to be thrown into it after Robinson was hurt, he has had a good taste and a good learning experience, he is my pick as breakout player this season.
halloween 65 is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #37
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
but the $2.7 is gone, already spent

Now you are talking about spending $750K for a rookie or $1 mill for a vet.
If it's a rookie with potential, then sure, that's the way to go. However, we already have Wade, Sweeting, and Frederick? as projects. Bailey is a question mark and White is a work in progress.
If Greer is healthy, I'd rather him than another FA or UD rookie.
I said 1m for a vet because with his 10 years that is Greers vet minimum. There is also the assumption that if there was any viability left on Greer, Loomis tried to negotiate a more friendly cap number and Greer wouldn't take it so he was cut. More assumption that a team tried to approach Greer with vet minimum and he is still a free agent.

Yes the 2.7m in cap space is already spent, at this point its a sunk cost and I do not see Loomis sinking another dollar into a player that he was forced to sink an unrecoverable 2.7m.

When players get up in age or 10+ years they don't usually go for a vet minimum because of the risk that he could never get injured and never fully recover. In Greers case he has made $31m in his career and since he hasn't retired I am assuming that he can still play, but he isn't going to risk being crippled for a vet minimum.

There are boat load of assumptions, basically because we have nothing else to go on.
saintsfan403 likes this.

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Like and vote https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charl...44287815781246
TheOak is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #38
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 936
Re: Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

Yes to Goodwin, he has been missed.
K Major likes this.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #39
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,382
Re: Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
if you get 8 games out of Robinson you will be lucky
Why do you say that? 2013 was the only time he really missed any games.

He played in 12 games his rookie season, 17 games in year 2, and 16 games in year 3.
Danno is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #40
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 1,802
Re: Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
He smiled after every pick. My dad used to get so mad.
The yawning from AB did it for me. Just didn't seem motivated to lead his team at times. Body language tells the story ... sometimes.
K Major is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/65455-saints-rumors-robert-meachem-jabari-greer-jonathan-goodwin-could-back.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 04-13-2014 09:08 AM 9
Saints Rumors: Robert Meachem, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Goodwin could be back This thread Refback 04-13-2014 12:34 AM 300


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts