Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; As of right now they own us, until we beat them. You got to admit they are a good team with good players. Can we beat them? I feel we can but we better get alot tougher....

Like Tree34Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,721
Re: Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

As of right now they own us, until we beat them. You got to admit they are a good team with good players. Can we beat them? I feel we can but we better get alot tougher.
Beastmode likes this.
halloween 65 is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 07-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,746
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

When Jimmy scores in the Dome on Seattle I'm throwing this on the field.

F those skittles.

SmashMouth and Utah_Saint like this.
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,965
Re: Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

This is a dumb cheerleading story. Yeah, we probably did just run out of time, but you know what, we were playing from behind literally the entire game.

Let's give Seattle their just respect, they beat us and a bunch of other tough teams and they won the Super Bowl. We've been in their shoes, with Vikings fans and others whining about how the 09 team didn't deserve to win. Let's be better than that, I say.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #14
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 330
Re: Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
This is a dumb cheerleading story. Yeah, we probably did just run out of time, but you know what, we were playing from behind literally the entire game.

Let's give Seattle their just respect, they beat us and a bunch of other tough teams and they won the Super Bowl. We've been in their shoes, with Vikings fans and others whining about how the 09 team didn't deserve to win. Let's be better than that, I say.
just take pride that we game them a fight in the second half and are hungry to see them again

the what ifs sound pathetic

we played them a lot harder than the unstoppable Broncos
Audiotom is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #15
100th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 169
Re: Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

Originally Posted by Audiotom View Post
just take pride that we game them a fight in the second half and are hungry to see them again

the what ifs sound pathetic

we played them a lot harder than the unstoppable Broncos
Yes and your team was just as physical as the Niners. Bush brought the pain to Tate and Harvin. The first time the Hawks played the Saints I thought your team was soft. The reality is only a couple of changes is sometimes all it takes. Clemons was in Brees face all game long the first game and the second time around he went against Armstead and was shut down in the passing game. Brees had a lot more time to throw but the weather was absolutely atrocious and favored a run heavy attack vs a pass oriented attack.

This year the Saints running game has improved and I think your team can run jumbo sets and be a smash mouth team which wasn't necessarily there last year during the regular season. Cooks is an interesting piece but until I see him (or any rookie) perform on the field it is all hype. Even without Cook, the Saints are much more physical than last year.

Defensively not much has changed except for Byrd and your secondary may be more physical with two of the more physical safeties in the league. Your turnover ratio should be much higher. The only person I don't like in your secondary is Champ. This in itself will make your team much more battle tested against more physical teams. The part of your schedule which will define your season is the stretch of Green Bay, @Carolina, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Baltimore, @Pittsburgh and Carolina. WOW, that is a tough stretch.

As for the Hawks, we have question marks on the D-Line and right tackle and that is about it. We really didn't lose a lot of field production that can't be replaced but what we did lose was leadership which is a tangible which can't really be measured. We have a lot of players who have been paid who are getting a lot of celebrity attention all while being gunned for by everybody. I can see why it is so difficult to repeat. So a lot will depend on how hungry the team is if it is to have any shot of a repeat.
Danno, hagan714 and Audiotom like this.
Seahawks12th is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #16
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,422
Re: Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

Originally Posted by Seahawks12th View Post
Yes and your team was just as physical as the Niners. Bush brought the pain to Tate and Harvin. The first time the Hawks played the Saints I thought your team was soft. The reality is only a couple of changes is sometimes all it takes. Clemons was in Brees face all game long the first game and the second time around he went against Armstead and was shut down in the passing game. Brees had a lot more time to throw but the weather was absolutely atrocious and favored a run heavy attack vs a pass oriented attack.

This year the Saints running game has improved and I think your team can run jumbo sets and be a smash mouth team which wasn't necessarily there last year during the regular season. Cooks is an interesting piece but until I see him (or any rookie) perform on the field it is all hype. Even without Cook, the Saints are much more physical than last year.

Defensively not much has changed except for Byrd and your secondary may be more physical with two of the more physical safeties in the league. Your turnover ratio should be much higher. The only person I don't like in your secondary is Champ. This in itself will make your team much more battle tested against more physical teams. The part of your schedule which will define your season is the stretch of Green Bay, @Carolina, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Baltimore, @Pittsburgh and Carolina. WOW, that is a tough stretch.

As for the Hawks, we have question marks on the D-Line and right tackle and that is about it. We really didn't lose a lot of field production that can't be replaced but what we did lose was leadership which is a tangible which can't really be measured. We have a lot of players who have been paid who are getting a lot of celebrity attention all while being gunned for by everybody. I can see why it is so difficult to repeat. So a lot will depend on how hungry the team is if it is to have any shot of a repeat.
You can't stress enough how you guys are now the hunted. Every team you play will consider it the equivalent of a playoff game.

With the jackass behavior of several of your players, opposing fans will be as pumped as a playoff game.

Your team is still the best in the league talent wise, but I can see you guys finishing in the 10-12 win range just because of the jackasses you have on your team. Karma is a b1tch and that b1thch is zeroing in on your thugass dungbags.

I lost all respect for your team last year and frankly I hope you get your asses handed to you every game, even by San Fran and Carolina, which is saying a lot because I despise those teams as much as any team not named the Falcons.

In fact, I may even root for the dirty birds over your low-class thugs.

Its a shame because I was a huge Seattle fans several years ago.
saintfan and WhoDat!656 like this.

'Tolerance And Apathy Are The Last Virtues Of A Dying Society'
Danno is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #17
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 330
Re: Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

Originally Posted by Seahawks12th View Post
Yes and your team was just as physical as the Niners. Bush brought the pain to Tate and Harvin. The first time the Hawks played the Saints I thought your team was soft. The reality is only a couple of changes is sometimes all it takes. Clemons was in Brees face all game long the first game and the second time around he went against Armstead and was shut down in the passing game. Brees had a lot more time to throw but the weather was absolutely atrocious and favored a run heavy attack vs a pass oriented attack.

This year the Saints running game has improved and I think your team can run jumbo sets and be a smash mouth team which wasn't necessarily there last year during the regular season. Cooks is an interesting piece but until I see him (or any rookie) perform on the field it is all hype. Even without Cook, the Saints are much more physical than last year.

Defensively not much has changed except for Byrd and your secondary may be more physical with two of the more physical safeties in the league. Your turnover ratio should be much higher.
Seahawks12

I really enjoy your perspective., not the typical polarizing fan boy

Our defense held Seattle in check with a lot of three and outs
That last drive was a beast mode killer

I wouldn't say not much has changed
Vicarro is back, Byrd and a lor of people coming back from injuries
You are right - we need more takeaways
But hard to do that when you are going 3 and out

I appreciate your comments on our team's improvements from the mid season seahawk fiasco to the playoffs

One area was Drew handling the crowd noise and doing a better job of simplifying audibles

Look forward to seeing you in the playoffs
Your house or ours
Audiotom is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #18
100th Post
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 250
Re: Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

all i recall is refs beat Saints not sea chicks
hennr is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #19
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,873
Re: Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

Football's neither hand grenades or horse shoes. We're owned until we make it otherwise.
Papa Voodoo likes this.
Seer1 is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #20
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 330
Re: Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom

Originally Posted by hennr View Post
all i recall is refs beat Saints not sea chicks
that holding call to kill a late inside the 20 drive was complete bunk
Audiotom is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/66855-revisiting-seattle-when-saints-nearly-broke-legion-boom.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 07-16-2014 08:01 PM 3
Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom This thread Refback 07-16-2014 07:32 PM 4
Revisiting Seattle: When the Saints Nearly Broke the Legion of Boom This thread Refback 07-16-2014 07:21 PM 129


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts