Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Greer

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; It's not worth it....

Like Tree4Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #11
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,413
Re: Greer

It's not worth it.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #12
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,521
Re: Greer

Originally Posted by QBREES9 View Post
It's not worth it.
How would anybody know that? Nobody knows if he can even play let alone how much he would cost. If he can get back to at least 80% and we could get him cheap I would be all for it if the need came up.
He's not going to want to just go anywhere anyway. He would want to go somewhere to get a ring and probably play at the minimum.
The Dude is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #13
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,107
Re: Greer

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
If he can get back to at least 80% and we could get him cheap I would be all for it if the need came up.
With all the potential talent we have; who would you get rid of to sign Greer at 80%?
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #14
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,540
Re: Greer

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
How would anybody know that? Nobody knows if he can even play let alone how much he would cost. If he can get back to at least 80% and we could get him cheap I would be all for it if the need came up.
He's not going to want to just go anywhere anyway. He would want to go somewhere to get a ring and probably play at the minimum.
I gotta imagine that if we thought of it on a forum, the coaches have thought about it. I'm sure people know.
Utah_Saint is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 12:05 AM   #15
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,521
Re: Greer

Originally Posted by QBREES9 View Post
It's not worth it.
Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
With all the potential talent we have; who would you get rid of to sign Greer at 80%?
I wouldn't get rid of anyone. Hopefully we wouldn't need him or any other DB out there. I was talking about losing someone to IR. Or 2 somebodies. At that point I imagine some phone calls would be made. Every year we seem to get beat up at a particular position, running back in 2010, then WRs, it does happen.

Last edited by The Dude; 08-19-2014 at 12:09 AM..
The Dude is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #16
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,254
Re: Greer

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Mike McKenzie? Keenan Lewis?
Or maybe even Fred Thomas at his 2-3 year peak. It's debatable. Ashley Ambrose in his first stint was really, really good too.

I'd go:

1. Keenan Lewis (assuming he keeps it up for 3-4 more years at least)
2. Mike McKenzie
3. Jabari Greer (his peak was amazing, but it was also very short)
4. Fred Thomas
5. Ashley Ambrose

Honorable mention: Eric Allen, Fred Weary, Vince Buck, Tyronne Drakeford, Tracy Porter
Utah_Saint likes this.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 AM   #17
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,540
Re: Greer

Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
Or maybe even Fred Thomas at his 2-3 year peak.
Yeah, Fred Thomas was a shut down corner for a couple years.
Utah_Saint is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #18
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,521
Re: Greer

I always liked that little safety Kevin Mathis.
The Dude is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 AM   #19
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,107
Re: Greer

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
I wouldn't get rid of anyone. Hopefully we wouldn't need him or any other DB out there. I was talking about losing someone to IR. Or 2 somebodies. At that point I imagine some phone calls would be made. Every year we seem to get beat up at a particular position, running back in 2010, then WRs, it does happen.
You do understand that if you lose a RB or WR to IR in most cases you sign another RB or WR? You don't go signing an aged player for a position of strength when you lose another position...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #20
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,554
Re: Greer

Our list of best corners are sad. Lol.
K Major likes this.
rezburna is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/67522-greer.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-18-2014 12:29 PM 6
Greer This thread Refback 08-18-2014 11:42 AM 11


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts