New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0 (http://blackandgold.com/saints/6873-aaron-v-delhomme-v4-0-a.html)

xan 12-26-2004 07:55 PM

Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0
 
Having had the benefit of seeing the Saints and the Panthers win, it is now time to put in some serious season ending (potentially) debate on how this weekend will play out.

Can we stop Jake?

Can Aaron get out of his own way?

Can Jim select a play without 64000 people (including 53 Saint players) disagreeing with the call?

Will the franchise pin all its hopes on a Panther special teams breakdowns?

Great Holy Missed Tackles Saints Fans!! Where will this next episode take us?

RDOX 12-27-2004 08:32 AM

Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0
 
Quote:

Having had the benefit of seeing the Saints and the Panthers win, it is now time to put in some serious season ending (potentially) debate on how this weekend will play out.

Can we stop Jake?

Can Aaron get out of his own way?

Can Jim select a play without 64000 people (including 53 Saint players) disagreeing with the call?

Will the franchise pin all its hopes on a Panther special teams breakdowns?

Great Holy Missed Tackles Saints Fans!! Where will this next episode take us?
The key to victory against the Foulcoons yesterday was with two emerging factors:

1. The play of the defense.
2. The stellar play of the Special Teams.

I nominate Al Everest as my pick for Saints Coach of the Year. Throughtout all of the ups and downs this has been the steadiest, and best coached and motivated group on this team. Period!!!!

Probably the best personnel move of Hazlett\'s tenure was picking up Mike McKenzie. It looked like he was not only playing, but having fun doing so. I believe that we have to go through Atlanta again, assuming that we make the playoffs. That said, we always, and I mean always, are up for this team. It is personal. I think that the additions of Willie Whitehead and Mike McKenzie have made a vast improvement in this team. It is just possible that we will go to the playoffs as we seem to be picking up steam. The foulcoons were flat yesterday. The Panthers will not be. But, there is an off chance we can make it. :cool:

Danno 12-27-2004 08:51 AM

Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0
 
Quote:

Probably the best personnel move of Hazlett\'s tenure was picking up Mike McKenzie. It looked like he was not only playing, but having fun doing so.
And some insiders suggested that Haz wasn\'t really all that fired up about acquiring him. Loomis kinda pushed the deal on him.
Figures. Even when Haz makes a good move, its not really Haz.
LOL

saintswhodi 12-27-2004 09:22 AM

Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0
 
Question: Has Aaron Brooks ever beaten Jake Delhomme head to head? And has his play even in the wins inspired anyone to think he could?

Danno 12-27-2004 10:12 AM

Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0
 
Quote:

Question: Has Aaron Brooks ever beaten Jake Delhomme head to head?
Nope, neither has Deuce.
Quote:

And has his play even in the wins inspired anyone to think he could?
Occasionally. He can be great at times, and bad at times.

saintswhodi 12-27-2004 10:16 AM

Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0
 
Correction Danno, he can be bad often and great seldom. Seems more accurate.

I answered your \"has Deuce\" query in the other thread, unless you have found a way Deuce can hand off and throw the ball to himself. Then he should go head to head against Jake.

[Edited on 27/12/2004 by saintswhodi]

xan 12-27-2004 12:11 PM

Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0
 
As urgent as it was to get off to a good start, 3 series of 3-&-outs are not encouraging going into the Panthers\' home court:

Passing - 1/5 for 6 yards and 1 sack
Rushing - 2 for 14 yards
2 presnap penalties

Starting Field position at NO15, NO38 and NO41.

A simple analysis of the facts here seems to indicate that the ball seems better advanced, at least in the beginning of a game, if it isn\'t in Brooks\' hands for very long.

However, I\'m going to bring up an option that went little discussed in another thread:

Wouldn\'t the Saints offense improve if \"artificial urgency\" be instituted in the form of running a 2-minute offense right from the beginning?



Danno 12-27-2004 12:56 PM

Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0
 
artificial urgency?
I kinda like that.
Also can be view as a Pre-Emptive Urgency.

saintswhodi 12-27-2004 01:30 PM

Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0
 
Quote:

A simple analysis of the facts here seems to indicate that the ball seems better advanced, at least in the beginning of a game, if it isn\'t in Brooks\' hands for very long.
xan, no truer words have ever been spoken.

dberce1 12-27-2004 04:13 PM

Aaron v. Delhomme v4.0
 
Quote:

I answered your \"has Deuce\" query in the other thread, unless you have found a way Deuce can hand off and throw the ball to himself. Then he should go head to head against Jake.
I\'ve got news for everybody on this board. It is going to take an ALL OUT TEAM EFFORT vs. Carolina, in their house. No more AB threads, Deuce agenda, Horn crap, it\'s gonna be balls up and play. Who can execute better, who has the heart, who\'s gonna light a fire under this teams a$$. So enough w/ the this player, that player...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com