Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; He's not a zone guy ... Let him run man with the second receiver where his frame and length give him advantages... The QB may just hold on one second longer , that changes the game. It's either a sack ...

Like Tree27Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #41
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 938
Re: Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start

He's not a zone guy ... Let him run man with the second receiver where his frame and length give him advantages... The QB may just hold on one second longer , that changes the game. It's either a sack or a blatant holding penalty because galette is relentless.

Can't look at the glass half empty with him. Yes he could fail and so on , but he could also succeed and be the missing link between us and that 4th ranked defense we yearn for. Things could go really well for him. He shuts down a jordy Nelson a kelvin Benjamin , we come back to life in the division , morale gets high. It could give him the confidence to become the next shutdown guy. Always two sides to a coin.


The kid is a beast ... Let him play.

You Can't Say Impossible without first saying Im Possible ...
Saintaintso is offline  
Old 10-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #42
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,480
Re: Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start

I'm not so sure we give him more playing time just yet but the "Raw" conversation was used with Terron Armstead and he's arguably our best O lineman now
Barry from MS likes this.
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 10-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #43
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,221
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
I'm not so sure we give him more playing time just yet but the "Raw" conversation was used with Terron Armstead and he's arguably our best O lineman now
You just blew that one out of the water. Armstead got thrown to the wolves in the middle of last year and has not just been adequate, but has excelled in what he's doing in the NFL. Got ate up by Hardy in his first game, but bounced back better than most of us expected. Fortitude. Maybe SJB don't have that.

Armstead & SJB are not the same person, play opposite sides of the ball, play completely different positions...got it. But it's hard to hide behind the "raw" tag when you got a "raw" Armstead starting at LT mid-way through his rookie year last year and has played pretty well since.

"I'd far rather be happy than right any day" ~ Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
"Honor: if you need it defined, you don't have it" ~ Ron Swanson
Barry from MS is online now  
Old 10-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #44
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,156
Re: Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
You just blew that one out of the water. Armstead got thrown to the wolves in the middle of last year and has not just been adequate, but has excelled in what he's doing in the NFL. Got ate up by Hardy in his first game, but bounced back better than most of us expected. Fortitude. Maybe SJB don't have that.

Armstead & SJB are not the same person, play opposite sides of the ball, play completely different positions...got it. But it's hard to hide behind the "raw" tag when you got a "raw" Armstead starting at LT mid-way through his rookie year last year and has played pretty well since.
It all depends on how far they've developed. Armstead may have been light years ahead of where SJB is now. The only ones that know that are the coaches.

Its not apples to apples in any way shape or form.

SJB will play when the coaches think he'll outperform White, Robinson or Dixon. It may be this week, it may be week 12, it may be next year. None of us really know. Armstead didn't start over Brown until week 15 last year.
Danno is offline  
Old 10-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #45
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,221
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
It all depends on how far they've developed. Armstead may have been light years ahead of where SJB is now. The only ones that know that are the coaches.

Its not apples to apples in any way shape or form.

SJB will play when the coaches think he'll outperform White, Robinson or Dixon. It may be this week, it may be week 12, it may be next year. None of us really know. Armstead didn't start over Brown until week 15 last year.
Yeah, seems like it was earlier for Armstead since he played 3 more games after that 1st start for him to include those 2 playoff starts. I was thinking Terron came in earlier in the season, so my bad.

Maybe SJB can get in there and contribute at the very least on dime by Week 14 on when we face off against the last 4 teams of the year who all own some big ol' WRs.
Barry from MS is online now  
Old 10-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #46
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,107
Re: Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
Maybe SJB can get in there and contribute at the very least on dime by Week 14 on when we face off against the last 4 teams of the year who all own some big ol' WRs.
Hasn't he been in the Dime for the last couple of weeks? I thought he was the Dime for some of the Lions game at least..
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 10-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #47
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,221
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Hasn't he been in the Dime for the last couple of weeks? I thought he was the Dime for some of the Lions game at least..
He got 8 defensive snaps total in the Detroit game according to footballoutsiders.com. He's got 8 defensive snaps total for 2014, according to footballoutsiders.com. He's gotten a few special teams snaps over the past few weeks, according to blah blah blah.

I reckon this is starting him off slowly. 6th game of the year to be introduced to regular season NFL speed, but we'll need to keep track of how many defensive snaps he gets over the next several weeks to see where the coaches think this kid is.

That's the only way I can see of making an assessment on how far along SJB is unless RR or the secondary coach McGriff just comes out and says something about him.

"I'd far rather be happy than right any day" ~ Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
"Honor: if you need it defined, you don't have it" ~ Ron Swanson
Barry from MS is online now  
Old 10-25-2014, 07:12 AM   #48
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,511
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start

Don't Draft 'Em, If You're Not Going To Play Them...

But If You've Got 'Em, Play 'Em Or Replace Your Talent Evaluation Decision Makers...
hagan714 and K Major like this.
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 10-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #49
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,978
Blog Entries: 52
Re: New Orleans Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start: Larry Holder

Originally Posted by Mr.Riaton View Post
I would've liked to have landed Talib this off season...I wanted him here.
Revis was the one i wanted
hagan714 is offline  
Old 10-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #50
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,978
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Don't Draft 'Em, If You're Not Going To Play Them...

But If You've Got 'Em, Play 'Em Or Replace Your Talent Evaluation Decision Makers...

Don't stick a project on the outside either for the love of god. in the slot on slower bigger WR and TE to free up safety help over the top but outside ? we all knew SJB was not and is not ready for that.
hagan714 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/69005-saints-search-second-starting-cornerback-failed-start.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start This thread Refback 10-25-2014 02:15 PM 1
Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start This thread Refback 10-23-2014 10:59 AM 14
The Latest NFL News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 10-23-2014 10:45 AM 1
New Orleans Saints' search for second starting cornerback failed from the start: Larry Holder This thread Refback 10-23-2014 08:27 AM 13


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts