Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by teddybarexxx mitch its not the 170 yards i'm talking about. its the 108's and 129's i'm talking about. i'm saying we as a team shouldnt be held to 108 and 129 yards if you have 3, count ...

Like Tree65Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #31
Threaded by ikecomp
100th Post
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 312

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by teddybarexxx View Post
mitch its not the 170 yards i'm talking about. its the 108's and 129's i'm talking about. i'm saying we as a team shouldnt be held to 108 and 129 yards if you have 3, count em 3 damn good rb's bro. how can anyone that knows football argue that point?
Dude, take a second and then take one good deep breath. No one here is disagreeing with you that the saints should "CONTINUE" to run the ball. They have been doing that all year but you're making it seem like they have some how just committed to the run because you told them to lol. Dallas has the best rush offense in the league and they are averaging 159 yards/game. We're averaging 133 yards/game. That's not bad. Unless the NFL outlaws passing nobody is going to be averaging 200+ yards a game regardless of how good your backs are because there are teams in the league that can actually play good rush defense. Having a balanced is attack is important but somehow saying we should be averaging 200+ yards a game is just silly.
jnormand, Danno, |Mitch| and 2 others like this.
Views: 8215
Old 10-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #32
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,480
Re: Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers

People can say "Oh we played against the second to worst run defense in the NFL"

That still doesn't change the fact that Ingram has a 5.7 YPC for the season so far

Ingram is the type of runner that will wear a defense down, he will get 5 or 6 yards here and there and then he'll explode for a 30 yard gain

There is no perfect formula for winning in the NFL, nothing that says if you run the ball you'll win, the biggest thing our offense did was play mistake free, that's when we are most dangerous
Danno, papz and Utah_Saint like this.

Your bonehead creator picked a fine chapter to omit from your memory bank....let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear? - Vegeta, DBZ
dizzle88 is online now  
Old 10-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #33
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 938
Re: Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers

Mark Ingram was he best football player in that entire draft , problem is we stashed him on the sideline with Sproles , Ivory , Thomas , Cadet , all taking snaps away from him. Add the fact that we pass 45+ times a game , and his history with being knicked up and you get what we got.

People screamed bust from the top of the Superdome , not even giving the kid his fair due.

I want to keep him , problem is he's probably performing this way because he know this is the only way the salvage his reputation in hopes to sign somewhere else because lord knows between Byrd Graham Brees and Jordan's upcoming date for an extension we probably won't have the resources to sign him to an effective deal.

His career would be unbelievable in Seattle where they I bet you are licking their chops on him with their lynch situation going sour.

We have to restructure somewhere or cut a back to make room for him. He not only wants the contract , he wants the carries.

Can we give that to him ?
Halo likes this.

You Can't Say Impossible without first saying Im Possible ...
Saintaintso is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #34
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,543
Re: Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers

Originally Posted by teddybarexxx View Post
i'm not bragging, nor boasting, nor am i this narcisist. i thought this was a website where you post what and how you see and feel about the saints. i read post on here all the times i dont necessary agree with the person that makes the post(s). the only reason why i would say anyone would say those things about me is because you were one those individuals that
"debated" with me when i said our offense looks stagnant and you all said i was crazy, but when we played the vikes then everyone saw the stagnant offesne or when i said runningj the ball "effectively" was the key to this year's success and everyone said we're top this and that but all i'm was saying hey look at how we're winning and losing games and to me we had a problem running the ball. now anyone on here reading just this post can you honestly say i was wrong. honestly. my only debate was, i felt 108 and 129 yards rushing between 3 backs wasnt enough balance. that we wasnt "effectively" running the football. if you disagree with me thats's cool, for me it wasnt enough. when everyone was downing the defense i said yes our defense has it woes but our offense has theirs as well. where in my post is that being a narcisist? yes i taunted you all this morning out of fun but i see you guys take everything soo serious, geesh.
Actually, we've shown you're wrong on a lot of the things you've posted. You just say "I don't do stats" as if that makes the argument invalid.

Also, you're once again saying "I told you so" today because Mark Ingram ran for over 170 yards last night. But you're ignoring the fact that Drew had his best game of the season, the DLine got better pressure than they have all season and we got 3 turnovers. So, the truth of the matter is, the Saints had a great all around game yesterday. Which is what most of us have been trying to tell you the team needed for weeks now. Not just "run run run".

Several times you've used the Cowboys as an example of a team that runs the ball "effectively" ( I don't know why you keep putting that in quotes) but then ignore the fact that half the best running teams don't have winning records. You said Super Bowl teams have successful running games but then ignore the truth that over the last 20 years, half of them don't actually have good running games. One even had the worst running game in the league and still won the Super Bowl.

Personally, I stopped taking you seriously when you said many posters on here didn't know what a fullback was and that you were going to give us a lesson.

Your passion for the Saints is respectable but your condescension and closed mindedness aren't going to win you any friends.
jnormand, Danno, |Mitch| and 1 others like this.
Utah_Saint is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #35
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers

Originally Posted by Saintaintso View Post
Mark Ingram was he best football player in that entire draft , problem is we stashed him on the sideline with Sproles , Ivory , Thomas , Cadet , all taking snaps away from him. Add the fact that we pass 45+ times a game , and his history with being knicked up and you get what we got.

People screamed bust from the top of the Superdome , not even giving the kid his fair due.

I want to keep him , problem is he's probably performing this way because he know this is the only way the salvage his reputation in hopes to sign somewhere else because lord knows between Byrd Graham Brees and Jordan's upcoming date for an extension we probably won't have the resources to sign him to an effective deal.

His career would be unbelievable in Seattle where they I bet you are licking their chops on him with their lynch situation going sour.

We have to restructure somewhere or cut a back to make room for him. He not only wants the contract , he wants the carries.

Can we give that to him ?
2011 NFL Draft Results and Analysis: Round 1 - National Football League - ESPN

What? You can't really say that with a straight face?

JJ Watt, AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, Tyron Smith, etc? That was a deep and really really good draft.

Now Ingram throughout his career here has had an unfair shake, but that wasn't just on the Saints. He had trouble reading blocks and it was evident the game was too fast for him when he made the initial transition. He didn't get the snaps because he wasn't ready for them and the players you mentioned were either all on par with him or better. You really think they wanted to trade up into the first round and just sit the former Heisman trophy winner? You can't just expect players to make the jump and be the exact same player they were in college. He wasn't prepared. You could tell in the preseason he was a completely different player this year. He worked harder, studied harder, focused harder, and now both parties are reaping the benefits.

If we decided to finally have a bell cow back, I would ove for us to retain him somehow. It looks like he's over that college to pro transition curve and ready to take the bull by the horns.
Halo likes this.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

All little common sense goes a long way.
papz is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #36
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,298
Re: Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers

Good thing is, RB position is one of the lowest paid in the NFL (recent trend) .There are kickers with higher salary than some very good RBs. 5 year option was just too much. If Ingram keeps playing like this and stays healthy, he can expect solid offer from Loomis.
brees84 is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #37
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 938
Re: Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers

Originally Posted by papz View Post
2011 NFL Draft Results and Analysis: Round 1 - National Football League - ESPN

What? You can't really say that with a straight face?

JJ Watt, AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, Tyron Smith, etc? That was a deep and really really good draft.

Now Ingram throughout his career here has had an unfair shake, but that wasn't just on the Saints. He had trouble reading blocks and it was evident the game was too fast for him when he made the initial transition. He didn't get the snaps because he wasn't ready for them and the players you mentioned were either all on par with him or better. You really think they wanted to trade up into the first round and just sit the former Heisman trophy winner? You can't just expect players to make the jump and be the exact same player they were in college. He wasn't prepared. You could tell in the preseason he was a completely different player this year. He worked harder, studied harder, focused harder, and now both parties are reaping the benefits.

If we decided to finally have a bell cow back, I would ove for us to retain him somehow. It looks like he's over that college to pro transition curve and ready to take the bull by the horns.

If he would've been carrying the ball from the start he'd be Adrian Peterson by now. He's just as good as any body at his best
Saintaintso is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 08:41 PM   #38
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,298
Re: Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers

Adrian Peterson

lol

There are no RBs in the NFL with that kind of talent. Not even close.
brees84 is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 09:08 PM   #39
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Bay
Posts: 1,698
Re: Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers

Originally Posted by Rell&Gold View Post
Wait what?we committed to the running game all year we're in the top 5 rushing this year
If you ignore him -- he will go away.
WHODATINCA is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #40
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Bay
Posts: 1,698
Re: Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers

Ingram's performance last night was a thing of beauty. So proud of him and this team, especially the O-Line and those involved in pass protection. Now, if they can just please remember how to do this versus CAR. And, the D can show up again -- we will be golden Thursday night.
saintfan likes this.
WHODATINCA is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/69080-mark-ingram-rushes-career-high-172-yards-win-over-packers.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 10-27-2014 11:26 PM 1
Mark Ingram rushes for career-high 172 yards in win over Packers This thread Refback 10-27-2014 10:29 AM 4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts