Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; As a team...YUP. We suck. We have some good individual efforts out there, but as a collective bunch we're just a gaggle in fancy uniforms and shiny helmets....

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #11
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,221
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

As a team...YUP. We suck. We have some good individual efforts out there, but as a collective bunch we're just a gaggle in fancy uniforms and shiny helmets.
jeanpierre likes this.
Barry from MS is offline  
Old 11-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #12
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.
Posts: 642
Re: Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

We can't strike quickly on offense...we throw passes to the line of scrimmage...that aren't screens.

I have no clue why we aren't explosive on offense but I'm not glued to the tv when our offense goes on the field.
Rsanders24 is offline  
Old 11-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #13
Breakin Records
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Deville, Louisiana
Posts: 1,986
Re: Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

Brees lost that it factor he had.... Its gone.... not just this game but all season he just hasn't been right ....
dam1953 likes this.
AllSaints is offline  
Old 11-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #14
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,099
Re: Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

Originally Posted by Rsanders24 View Post
We can't strike quickly on offense...we throw passes to the line of scrimmage...that aren't screens.

I have no clue why we aren't explosive on offense but I'm not glued to the tv when our offense goes on the field.
oline cant hold up long enough
spkb25 is offline  
Old 11-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #15
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,099
Re: Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

Originally Posted by AllSaints View Post
Brees lost that it factor he had.... Its gone.... not just this game but all season he just hasn't been right ....
Yeah, not so much, but the oline is killing us.

Hey, for fans that hate Brees, and simply don't understand what we have, go ask dem Eagles fans why the grass isn't always greener. They complained about Foles all year, and oh Sanchex was gonna be great, yeah...
spkb25 is offline  
Old 11-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #16
Breakin Records
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Deville, Louisiana
Posts: 1,986
Re: Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Yeah, not so much, but the oline is killing us.

Hey, for fans that hate Brees, and simply don't understand what we have, go ask dem Eagles fans why the grass isn't always greener. They complained about Foles all year, and oh Sanchex was gonna be great, yeah...
Really you have noticed a drop off from Brees ?
AllSaints is offline  
Old 11-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #17
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tomball
Posts: 223
Re: Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

Is there a stat where we throw a check down pass? if so, we probably lead the league. We also lead the league in check down passes under 3 yards or less including minus yards. Brees does not get sacked, but we area not vertical enough to contend w/ our swiss cheese defense.
Audiotom likes this.
gulfgambler is offline  
Old 11-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #18
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.
Posts: 642
Re: Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Yeah, not so much, but the oline is killing us.

Hey, for fans that hate Brees, and simply don't understand what we have, go ask dem Eagles fans why the grass isn't always greener. They complained about Foles all year, and oh Sanchex was gonna be great, yeah...
First of all I don't hate Brees but he can't get all the credit when we win and none of the blame when things aren't perfect for him. Clearly either something is wrong with him or he is falling off quickly. With the passes we throw now reminds me of a Chad Pennington type of offense. People keep putting all the blame on the defense and offensive line...you only need 3 to 4 seconds to get the ball down the field but after watching this game it doesn't matter if we throw the ball down the field because it won't be accurate anyway.
Rsanders24 is offline  
Old 11-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 3,206
Re: Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

Barry said it we have Shiny Helmets you can see the dome lights reflection really bright, that's something!
Barry from MS and WHODATINCA like this.
RailBoss is offline  
Old 11-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #20
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,099
Re: Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today

Originally Posted by Rsanders24 View Post
First of all I don't hate Brees but he can't get all the credit when we win and none of the blame when things aren't perfect for him. Clearly either something is wrong with him or he is falling off quickly. With the passes we throw now reminds me of a Chad Pennington type of offense. People keep putting all the blame on the defense and offensive line...you only need 3 to 4 seconds to get the ball down the field but after watching this game it doesn't matter if we throw the ball down the field because it won't be accurate anyway.
I give Brees his share of **** when he deserves it, but he is rarely off on his throws, although today he has a bad one. I watched, I think last week, two drops on pretty long throws that were on the money.

Brees made a terrible decision in the red zone last weak. I have seen him make some bad decision this year, but most times he starts that **** when he feels he has to do too much. The oline has't been good enough this year. They played well for like 2 or 3 games out of 10.

I have watched other teams and I know what other qb's look like. I am not for ever trading a hall of famer unless he can't get it done, but if we improve that oline no doubt our offense looks different again.

The thing none of us realize is how much goes into providing extra blocks because our oline is week, so when Strief is out and we have to go help out on that side, how much is that hurting our passing attack? What does that prevent us from doing? Our oline has been banged up for a few weeks and just not that great. Teams are getting pressure, and don't think for a second that the lack of sacks isn't what Drew does, because it is.

Football is the one sport, at least in my estimation, where you really have to have a team effort, not individual efforts, and right now we are not good as a team.
brees84 likes this.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Lombardi
spkb25 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/69519-seriously-wanted-help-board-out-what-you-saw-today.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Seriously wanted to help the board out with what you saw today This thread Refback 11-16-2014 07:07 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts