Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Junior Gallete

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I wish JR. would learn to contain better and be flexible enough to play on the inside and out, he would be 1 bad man. Hears to wishing? Maybe 1 of those coaches not named Vitt could get him to ...

Like Tree29Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,246
Re: Junior Gallete

I wish JR. would learn to contain better and be flexible enough to play on the inside and out, he would be 1 bad man. Hears to wishing? Maybe 1 of those coaches not named Vitt could get him to turn the corner?
MarchingOn likes this.
halloween 65 is offline  
Old 12-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #12
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,497
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Junior Gallete

Trade him for a third round pick and take the cap hit...

Don't need his ilk...
Sarik likes this.
jeanpierre is online now  
Old 12-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #13
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,107
Re: Junior Gallete

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Trade him for a third round pick and take the cap hit...

Don't need his ilk...
A 15 million cap hit with 16 million still in guaranteed... Brilliant
hagan714 likes this.
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 12-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,254
Re: Junior Gallete

Galette's play isn't the problem. It's that the other guys get no push. All last year it was Galette first to the ball, QB moves to escape and gets nailed by oncoming Jordan/Hicks/Foster. This year it's: Galette flushes QB, QB evades, nobody near him, has all the time in the world to find an open receiver.

I don't care for Junior's twittering and general immaturity, but he plays his ass off every single game. What we need is for Hicks and Jordan to fulfill the potential they showed last year instead of loafing around and being fat and slow. I'm really afraid Jordan is morphing into the fat lazy late career version of Will Smith. Look at his arms next game. That guy hasn't worked out a day in his life. They need to be lifting every day in the offseason.
Danno and ChrisXVI like this.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 3,581
Re: Junior Gallete

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
...I don't think he really sucks at anything other than twitter.
Doesn't everyone suck at using twatter?
UK_WhoDat is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #16
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,146
Re: Junior Gallete

Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
Galette's play isn't the problem. It's that the other guys get no push. All last year it was Galette first to the ball, QB moves to escape and gets nailed by oncoming Jordan/Hicks/Foster. This year it's: Galette flushes QB, QB evades, nobody near him, has all the time in the world to find an open receiver..
I agree, we aren't collapsing the pocket. Good QB's can evade Junior by simply stepping up.

Hicks, Jenkins and Jordan have failed miserably this season.
Danno is online now  
Old 12-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #17
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 4,298
Re: Junior Gallete

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I just want him to STFU and play football.
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I don't think he really sucks at anything other than twitter.
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Hicks, Jenkins and Jordan have failed miserably this season.
Agree with all the above. The fact that Hicks, Jenkins, and Jordan have failed miserably can be blamed for almost all the defensive woes. Our D-backs never had a chance being picked apart, especially once we were patching them together when bodies were falling.
Danno likes this.
Mardigras9 is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 10:16 AM   #18
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,146
Re: Junior Gallete

Originally Posted by Mardigras9 View Post
Agree with all the above. The fact that Hicks, Jenkins, and Jordan have failed miserably can be blamed for almost all the defensive woes. Our D-backs never had a chance being picked apart, especially once we were patching them together when bodies were falling.
Agreed. Even mediocre DB's can work out if you have a good pass rush.

Atlanta was 1 more injury away from having to pull someone from the stands and their DB's still performed.

I honestly think Atlanta has a shot to advance a round or two in the playoffs, and it makes me wanna puke.
Danno is online now  
Old 12-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,309
Re: Junior Gallete

Stupid stat. If you don't actually get there, it really doesn't matter. JR is an overpaid role player. He's not a starting DE because he gets trucked in the run game. He's not nor will he ever be an OLB. Cut bait and move on.
brees84 and Foot Stomper like this.
Cruize is offline  
Old 12-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #20
Carolina Sucks
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Greensboro NC
Posts: 380
Re: Junior Gallete

Originally Posted by Cruize View Post
Stupid stat. If you don't actually get there, it really doesn't matter. JR is an overpaid role player. He's not a starting DE because he gets trucked in the run game. He's not nor will he ever be an OLB. Cut bait and move on.
I also would like more info on this stat. See my post #10.

Sounds like a stat made up by a player agent.
Foot Stomper is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/70266-junior-gallete.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-22-2014 08:48 PM 3
Junior Gallete This thread Refback 12-22-2014 08:14 PM 13


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts