Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Danno We decided to keep an extra SS in lieu of a FS, likely because of the physical demands of our SS's. We already had FS's in Byrd, Bush, and Sunseri but only had Vaccaro as a ...

Like Tree32Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,250
Re: SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
We decided to keep an extra SS in lieu of a FS, likely because of the physical demands of our SS's.

We already had FS's in Byrd, Bush, and Sunseri but only had Vaccaro as a true SS. Ball is primarily an in the box safety.

Ball was probably a better option (on paper) due to the number of safeties we had that could play FS (Byrd, Bush and Sunseri).

Warren is a pure centerfield safety.
The league is moving away from the SS role all together, and so should we. We need to start two FS's Byrd and Warren with Bush backing them both up.
ChrisXVI and MarchingOn like this.
blackangold is offline  
Old 12-25-2014, 09:00 PM   #22
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,145
Re: SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren?

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
The league is moving away from the SS role all together, and so should we. We need to start two FS's Byrd and Warren with Bush backing them both up.
Traditional SS yes, but I think the big nickel packages are still important with all the big receivers and the WR/TE hybrids. Vaccaro is perfect for it if he remembers how to tackle.
Danno is offline  
Old 12-25-2014, 09:36 PM   #23
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,250
Re: SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Traditional SS yes, but I think the big nickel packages are still important with all the big receivers and the WR/TE hybrids. Vaccaro is perfect for it if he remembers how to tackle.
I don't think Vaccaro has any skill that Warren doesn't have, I still say the 2 FS's is the way to go. However, Bush is another FS that is better than Vaccaro at everything including tackling.

Vaccaro in my mind is trade bait, but Ryan loves him like a son so we'll stick with Scott Shanle v.2...
hagan714 likes this.
blackangold is offline  
Old 12-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #24
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,965
Blog Entries: 52
Re: SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Why not Vaccaro and Sunseri? I'm assuming Bush will also be on the team so I think it looks good (on paper). I think Vaccaro went through a Sophomore slump. I think he improves greatly his 3rd season.
Vaccaro - Both Rob andKenny have admitted he is better suited as a hybrid S/CB than as a true SS. Sophomore slump is not the issue as much as trying to turn him into something even his college coaches knew he was not. true SS

as for the rest

Bush - solid back up that is all. not a starter
Sunseri - special teams developmental that has not shown enough yet.

conclusion Byrd does not have a SS back there to him maximize his skill set and justify that cap hit.

Just like we build around Drew now we need to build around Byrd also.

kenny has a spot on this team lining up all over the place driving a QB and WR crazy.

Warren as a dull set with Byrd? sorry he has not shown he can tackle in the open well enough much less plug lanes to help the defense against the run. he may make us regret the cap hit of Byrd down the road but not yet. we have a solid developmental FS now.

those two on the feild on third and mile? yep i can see that
nola_swammi likes this.

"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins

Last edited by hagan714; 12-26-2014 at 05:55 PM..
hagan714 is offline  
Old 12-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #25
500th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mandeville
Posts: 786
Re: SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren?

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
Vaccaro - Both Rob andKenny have admitted he is better suited as a hybrid S/CB than as a true SS. Sophomore slump is not the issue as much as trying to turn him into something even his college coaches knew he was not. true SS

as for the rest

Bush - solid back up that is all. not a starter
Sunseri - special teams developmental that has not shown enough yet.

conclusion Byrd does not have a SS back there to him maximize his skill set and justify that cap hit.

Just like we build around Drew now we need to build around Byrd also.

kenny has a spot on this team lining up all over the place driving a QB and WR crazy.

Warren as a dull set with Byrd? sorry he has not shown he can tackle in the open well enough much less plug lanes to help the defense against the run. he may make us regret the cap hit of Byrd down the road but not yet. we have a solid developmental FS now.

those two on the feild on third and mile? yep i can see that
I agree with most of this except the Vaccarro bit. Drive quarterbacks crazy is laughable. Uh-Oh Kenny Vaccarro is over there. I'm scared now. LOL!!!
hagan714 likes this.
billyt81 is offline  
Old 12-27-2014, 08:02 AM   #26
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,965
Blog Entries: 52
Re: SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren?

Originally Posted by billyt81 View Post
I agree with most of this except the Vaccarro bit. Drive quarterbacks crazy is laughable. Uh-Oh Kenny Vaccarro is over there. I'm scared now. LOL!!!
ok i grinned too when i wrote it

I am holding out hope for a miss use of kenny vs a sophomore slump. last year he was much better lining up all over the place and ticking people off.

If you can get under steve smiths skin enough to screw with his game that is saying a lot. probably that one game at home against the panthers was his best IMO. that is what i am hanging my hat on with him. a pest
hagan714 is offline  
Old 12-28-2014, 02:39 AM   #27
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,480
Blog Entries: 23
Re: SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren?

How the FO let him go is baffling...

Really puts their credibility on shaky ground at best...
hagan714 likes this.
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 12-28-2014, 02:54 AM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 1,394
Re: SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren?

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
I don't think Vaccaro has any skill that Warren doesn't have, I still say the 2 FS's is the way to go. However, Bush is another FS that is better than Vaccaro at everything including tackling.

Vaccaro in my mind is trade bait, but Ryan loves him like a son so we'll stick with Scott Shanle v.2...
Sure he had a down sophomore yr but to trade a 1st rounder who had played like a vet his rookie year, you want to trade him? That's crazy! What will you say if warren have a bad sophomore year?
nola_swammi is offline  
Old 12-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #29
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,965
Blog Entries: 52
Re: SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren?

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
I don't think Vaccaro has any skill that Warren doesn't have, I still say the 2 FS's is the way to go. However, Bush is another FS that is better than Vaccaro at everything including tackling.

Vaccaro in my mind is trade bait, but Ryan loves him like a son so we'll stick with Scott Shanle v.2...

come on now leave scott out of this. they brought in fA and drafted players to replace him and he always played. give the some credit.

Neither Kenny or Warren were very good tacklers this year. so i have to agree. my sister could break many of those lip noodle arm tackles and so called big hit tackles so many bounced off of.

but with the way we tackled as a team i hate to go dual so so tackling safeties back there.

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
How the FO let him go is baffling...

Really puts their credibility on shaky ground at best...
gee i wonder who that could have been? i do not think the FO had a thing to do with this one. just look at the group carbon copied talent as a whole and the answer is pretty clear.

if it is the front office because they signed so many FA and added a player in the draft it is a saving face move that blew up and yep he should be shown the door with a few of these players he used to protect himself with.

"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins

Last edited by hagan714; 12-28-2014 at 07:33 AM..
hagan714 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/70296-si-all-rookie-team-pierre-warren.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest Pierre Warren News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-28-2014 07:43 PM 2
SI - All Rookie Team... Pierre Warren? This thread Refback 12-24-2014 10:22 AM 17
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-24-2014 10:19 AM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts