Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Junior Galette Arrested

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I aint mad at nobody... its just a rhetorical question, a curiosity. If anything, I found it amusing. A big part of what makes me a Saints fan is the PEOPLE involved. The first thing that hooked me was seeing ...

Like Tree157Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #151
Threaded by skymike
Im BACK!!!!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 5,485

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

I aint mad at nobody... its just a rhetorical question, a curiosity. If anything,
I found it amusing.

A big part of what makes me a Saints fan is the PEOPLE involved.

The first thing that hooked me was seeing the Saints up close, on the way to my bleacher seats in the Astrodome. (security froze us in place, as they were going to the locker.) I stuck my hand out, and they all slapped it. Richard Todd actually bent around to shake my hand, when I said hi to him.

The second thing was the FANS of New Orleans.

I liked Archie Manning, back when, and I've always admired our players. We seem to have very few jerks, unlike some other teams. I'm still blown away by how accomodating guys like Zach Strief & Pierre Thomas were to me & my kids back in Milsaps training camps, in the heat.

The 3rd thing was New Orleans, and all of Louisiana, and now the Gulf Coast too--- I wanted the people who root for the Saints to get a ring. So my thing is people. Im not much about capspace, etc.

BUT---- Part of the fun of this board, is some of you guys being armchair GM's, and nearly ALL my friends who are WhoDAts know more deep information on how sports franchises operate than any other fanbase. We have more women who can name our linemen than anybody elses fans.

So absolutely do talk about capspace. Like bandwith, the term escapes my understanding, but I aint hatin on nobody. This is your party. If anything, I realize Im in the minority on a football board. Most of you know all these intimate financial details.... I know Brees makes 100 million dollars. I couldnt tell you anyone elses salary.
Crusader, hagan714 and SloMotion like this.

Last edited by skymike; 01-06-2015 at 08:28 PM..
Views: 30340
Old 01-06-2015, 11:52 PM   #152
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,445
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Junior Galette Arrested

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
I agree with you, but in their mind that **** does not compute. Equality through exception. Have you ever watched a woman try to reason something? Women are crazy, no ****, man. I mean they really are.

Here is a good story, and it is true. I was recently working with a group of women. There was only one other man in the entire group. During a discussion one of the girls replied to her friend "I would have smacked the **** out of him." So I thought this would be a good test group. (I liked them all, they were cool as co-workers) I sat near 4 of the women. I said I have been slapped by two women in my life, but have never put my hands on one. How many of you have slapped or hit a man? 4 for 4. Each of them raised their hand. True story. Not an ounce of embarrassment, matter fact it was more a joke and there was pride there.
lol. I believe it, man. I was married to one. When you say crazy... That's the best description any man can really give. Without getting into any details, suffice it to say I've experienced plenty of incomprehensible, borderline psychotic moments. Even the "normal" one's are sometimes quite difficult to understand.

I often question what women are thinking, but it's more of a rhetorical sort of tick, I guess. Because I know it isn't going to make sense most of the time.
spkb25 likes this.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 01-06-2015, 11:59 PM   #153
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,445
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Junior Galette Arrested

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
Great point there, man, no doubt. I figured someone would bring that up at some point in this thread.

Women start pulling knifes & guns & other pointy, shiny objects that'll do bodily damage and any human being has a right to defend their own life and the lives of their loves ones by any means necessary.

Also, on the battlefield...with women strapping IED's to themselves doing suicide bombings. Yeah, they get taken out before they reach their target...like a man. Equal opportunity.

Like I said in my 1st post, the evidence and facts should clear that line between self-defense & abuse for Junior. If it's abuse, cut his @$$.
Oh, absolutely. If he's guilty of charges, good riddance. Not sure he is, but hopefully we'll find out something definitive. I just like the idea of equal justice to go along with equal rights, which I hope we can all agree on.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 01-07-2015, 12:02 AM   #154
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 12,244
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Junior Galette Arrested

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
lol. I believe it, man. I was married to one. When you say crazy... That's the best description any man can really give. Without getting into any details, suffice it to say I've experienced plenty of incomprehensible, borderline psychotic moments. Even the "normal" one's are sometimes quite difficult to understand.

I often question what women are thinking, but it's more of a rhetorical sort of tick, I guess. Because I know it isn't going to make sense most of the time.
It should make sense tho. No reason it shouldn't, unless you're dealing with an irrational person.

Read up on "Cluster B Personality Disorders". It reads like a handbook for my ex.
saintfan is offline  
Old 01-07-2015, 06:28 AM   #155
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,776
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Junior Galette Arrested

Man, this thread's throwing more curves at ya' than Bert Blyleven (MIN, CLE, and a few other MLB clubs) or a country road, .

Disclaimer: For the record, I only wanted to point out that in some municipalities JG would have been arrested/removed from the premises under the circumstances as a part of policy regardless of the circumstances due to the nature of the call and that may have been the case in Kenner. I wasn't trying to bash women, support women, advocate domestic violence, minimize domestic violence, discredit the police, credit the police or promote any other agenda other than the fact he was arrested doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty. These opinions are wholly my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of B&G, it's ownership, management, advertisers, subsidiaries or it's membership.

If anything, this incident reinforces the fact that's it's always best to tip your waitress, server, maid, escort-type persons ... or at least provide them with cab fare when they request it, ... you pay 'em to go Junior, just sayin', .

" ... take care of yourselves and each other" ~ Jerry Springer
spkb25 and hagan714 like this.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 01-07-2015, 06:51 AM   #156
Carolina Sucks
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Greensboro NC
Posts: 380
Re: Junior Galette Arrested

Can someone point me to the post where it confirms the woman lied and he is innocent of all charges? I found a post that his lawyer said that would be the result but all lawyers say that for their client. The truth is somewhere between her account and this lawyers account and if it goes to trial anything can happen. Perhaps I am missing the latest news accounting of this and all misdemeanor charges have been dropped.

Junior Galette's attorney explains incident that led to arrest
Foot Stomper is offline  
Old 01-07-2015, 07:02 AM   #157
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,983
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Junior Galette Arrested

The incident began when a guest at Junior Galette's home was asked to leave his house, and she refused. She then grabbed a knife and threatened Junior and four other people in the house, including Junior's girlfriend.
Junior Galette's attorney explains incident that led to arrest

self defense is all set up and Jr has all the witnesses. case closed

sounds like a girl i once dated but i did not have the witnesses

lessons learned

sexual equality does not exist in a court of law

always have witnesses
saintfan, spkb25 and saintsfan1976 like this.

Last edited by hagan714; 01-07-2015 at 07:06 AM..
hagan714 is offline  
Old 01-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #158
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 160
Re: Junior Galette Arrested

If the witnesses consist of JG, his gf, and a cousin- can we trust that they wouldn't lie to protect JG. I think we should reserve judgement on both sides.
vtiger72 is offline  
Old 01-07-2015, 08:11 AM   #159
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,983
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Junior Galette Arrested

Originally Posted by vtiger72 View Post
If the witnesses consist of JG, his gf, and a cousin- can we trust that they wouldn't lie to protect JG. I think we should reserve judgement on both sides.
you can bet if they need to lie they will. maid has nothing to offer them. besides lawyers and ethics are like yin and yang. polar opposites. honesty has nothing to do with a case.

ok for the minority of honesty lawyers out there that is a generalized statement that does not apply to you. but you have to admit you are a minority
spkb25 likes this.

Last edited by hagan714; 01-07-2015 at 08:15 AM..
hagan714 is offline  
Old 01-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #160
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,445
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Junior Galette Arrested

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
It should make sense tho. No reason it shouldn't, unless you're dealing with an irrational person.

Read up on "Cluster B Personality Disorders". It reads like a handbook for my ex.
You're right, and yet that's just the problem, at least in most of my experiences with women. My ex was beyond irrational. I would spend a lot of time and effort giving what I thought were the most well thought out, philosophical and intellectual speeches to her to try to get through to her on things that she was just completely wrong about, and lacking of any morals, and she would just say "that's bulls***". It was hopeless.

But at least I can laugh at it now. No where to go but up after that.
spkb25 likes this.
burningmetal is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
domestic violence, junior galette

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/70498-junior-galette-arrested.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Junior Galette Arrested This thread Refback 01-05-2015 11:17 AM 25


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts