Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Bears name Ryan Pace new GM

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by blackangold I think we have something better in Saunders. Except Saunders is a wide receiver and not a running back... The 2010(11?) playoffs should be a reminder 4 backs on the roster is money well spent... I ...

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #41
Threaded by |Mitch|
10000 POST CLUB
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,107

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
I think we have something better in Saunders.
Except Saunders is a wide receiver and not a running back... The 2010(11?) playoffs should be a reminder 4 backs on the roster is money well spent... I do believe we were looking for replacements off the street in the playoffs; (the beast mode run year)
Views: 7565
Old 01-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #42
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,254
Re: Bears name Ryan Pace new GM

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Except Saunders is a wide receiver and not a running back... The 2010(11?) playoffs should be a reminder 4 backs on the roster is money well spent... I do believe we were looking for replacements off the street in the playoffs; (the beast mode run year)
The corpse of Julius Jones, LOL. He actually wasn't bad considering the circumstances but he didn't know the offense and blitz pickups. At least with Cadet you have somebody who knows the system. Not saying he can't be improved on, but wow. We sure do have a ton of injuries at RB it seems like every year.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Old 01-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #43
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,255
Re: Bears name Ryan Pace new GM

Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
No, I'm looking at all 3 seasons, and preseason doesn't count because preseason is bull**** and everybody knows that. But really, who cares, we're talking about the 45th guy on the roster or something. If you want to go on downing the Saints about anything and everything they do, please do. Just don't be jumping on the bandwagon and saying everything's peachy next year when things are going better.

The overreaction to one bad season on this board would be hilarious, if I had a higher tolerance for complete and total stupidity.
Not sure what im over reacting to. Stating my opinion that we should not be resigning Cadet. Feel free to disagree.

Your success is usually determined by the weakest link in the chain. You'll hear coaches talk about the bottom 3 on the roster being very important. Keep your expectations low though I guess it works well for you, but while Drew is around I think we should avoid blowing opportunities.

Lastly, ill do whatever I want your nobody to tell me ****! Im always on the Saints, and I put my money where my mouth is every year.
blackangold is online now  
Old 01-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #44
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,255
Re: Bears name Ryan Pace new GM

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Except Saunders is a wide receiver and not a running back... The 2010(11?) playoffs should be a reminder 4 backs on the roster is money well spent... I do believe we were looking for replacements off the street in the playoffs; (the beast mode run year)
100% agree with you. That's why we shouldn't resign him. How comfortable do you feel if he is the main back and fumbles once every 20 touches?
blackangold is online now  
Old 01-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #45
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,254
Re: Bears name Ryan Pace new GM

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
Lastly, ill do whatever I want your nobody to tell me ****! Im always on the Saints, and I put my money where my mouth is every year.
Seems like right now, all you can do is bash them for every single little thing under the sun. Intelligent, level-headed thoughts on the Saints from this board are few and far between these days. This is a perfect example of why.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Old 01-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #46
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,255
Re: Bears name Ryan Pace new GM

Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
Seems like right now, all you can do is bash them for every single little thing under the sun. Intelligent, level-headed thoughts on the Saints from this board are few and far between these days. This is a perfect example of why.
I don't thinks so.

This is by far the best saints forum you'll find. Most coversaions are full of good debate and usually free of insults. Most people on this board are able to disagree with each other respectfully. However, maybe you're the exception. When you resort to insults to win an argument you've already lost it, and yes you did start this conversation that way. I don't think it's necessary to insult everyone because you disagree. Feel free to ignore me if you don't enjoy debating things.
VegasSaint9 likes this.
blackangold is online now  
Old 01-09-2015, 02:48 PM   #47
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,107
Re: Bears name Ryan Pace new GM

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
100% agree with you. That's why we shouldn't resign him. How comfortable do you feel if he is the main back and fumbles once every 20 touches?
I feel comfortable, a very versatile cheap player who can play back, receiver, and ST's and being thrown to the wolves because he has three fumbles in three years... Maybe you would feel more comfortable paying starter money for a 4th on the depth chart running back? That would eliminate the fumbles...
Danno likes this.
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 01-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #48
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,255
Re: Bears name Ryan Pace new GM

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
I feel comfortable, a very versatile cheap player who can play back, receiver, and ST's and being thrown to the wolves because he has three fumbles in three years... Maybe you would feel more comfortable paying starter money for a 4th on the depth chart running back? That would eliminate the fumbles...
No, I wouldn't pay starter money for a 4th RB, but I get where you are coming from.

The most important thing for a RB to do is not fumble. We saw Ivory pass him on the depth chart because of his fumbling in the pre-season. With all of the cheap talent available he shouldn't be resigned. The only positive he has going for him is knowledge of the offense.
blackangold is online now  
Old 01-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #49
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,107
Re: Bears name Ryan Pace new GM

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
With all of the cheap talent available he shouldn't be resigned. The only positive he has going for him is knowledge of the offense.
Who's to say that the cheap talent would fumble any less?
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 01-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #50
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,254
Re: Bears name Ryan Pace new GM

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
I don't thinks so.

This is by far the best saints forum you'll find. Most coversaions are full of good debate and usually free of insults. Most people on this board are able to disagree with each other respectfully. However, maybe you're the exception. When you resort to insults to win an argument you've already lost it, and yes you did start this conversation that way. I don't think it's necessary to insult everyone because you disagree. Feel free to ignore me if you don't enjoy debating things.
I did NOT start this conversation that way, but you seemed determine to head down that road with your absolutely ridiculous strawman scenarios and outright fabrications. Maybe you are the one who should take a good hard look at yourself and realize that your "opinions" aren't all they are cracked up to be.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/70539-bears-name-ryan-pace-new-gm.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Bears name Ryan Pace new GM This thread Refback 01-08-2015 03:32 PM 9


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts