Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by NonieT If Allen coached 3-4 I might agree be he coaches 4-3. We play more 4-3 then 3-4 now...

Like Tree31Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 10:12 AM   #51
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,488
Re: Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

Originally Posted by NonieT View Post
If Allen coached 3-4 I might agree be he coaches 4-3.
We play more 4-3 then 3-4 now
Danno likes this.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 01-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #52
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,287
Re: Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

Fangio is new bears D-coordinator.
brees84 is online now  
Old 01-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #53
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,731
Re: Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

Ok.. Let's not do the politican soundbite thing here...
Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
Byrd was an all-pro
Yes, was selected as 2nd team All-Pro, behind Earl Thomas and Eric Berry, after the 2013 season in Buffalo.

... that lead the team in tackles and turnovers before getting hurt, as a safety you should never lead the team in tackles.
He didn't lead the team in turnovers. He had none. He did however made Julio Jones fumble the first game of the season. That was his only forced fumble.

So you say he lead the team in tackles... ok... but then you look at passes defended, 2. Then you think, a Free Safety defending only 2 passes, but making 17 tackles... and makes you wonder... seems he had a high number of tackles for a safety because he was tackling receivers|TE's after they made the catch... which is no good.

Gallete was only behind JJ Watt for QB pressures,
Please, do not put Galette.
And JJ Watt on the same sentence.

...for QB pressures,and was our best player by a mile according to PFF.
Then PFF is full of ****, and were not watching either Keenan Lewis, or the reason why Galette was anywhere near the QB. I would also like to see PFF's definition of "QB pressure". "Being around 5yds from QB", not really QB pressure.

Ill say that Vaccaro is a bust at the safety spot but we have a diamond in Warren who in limited reps was the best graded Safety.
That Vaccaro is a SF and Warren is a FS notwithstanding:

Warren was the best graded safety... cool... probably because his 2 INTs from the Bears game... then other 5 games he played in, not so hot.

So, one very good rookie season and one bad season makes a player a bust, whereas 1 good game and 5 meh to bad games makes someone a diamond in the rough.Sounds legit.

La neta es chida, pero inalcanzable
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 01-20-2015, 02:15 PM   #54
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,965
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

34? 43? 62? what difference does it make we stunk
hagan714 is offline  
Old 01-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #55
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,250
Re: Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
Ok.. Let's not do the politican soundbite thing here...

Yes, was selected as 2nd team All-Pro, behind Earl Thomas and Eric Berry, after the 2013 season in Buffalo.


He didn't lead the team in turnovers. He had none. He did however made Julio Jones fumble the first game of the season. That was his only forced fumble.

So you say he lead the team in tackles... ok... but then you look at passes defended, 2. Then you think, a Free Safety defending only 2 passes, but making 17 tackles... and makes you wonder... seems he had a high number of tackles for a safety because he was tackling receivers|TE's after they made the catch... which is no good.


Please, do not put Galette.
And JJ Watt on the same sentence.


Then PFF is full of ****, and were not watching either Keenan Lewis, or the reason why Galette was anywhere near the QB. I would also like to see PFF's definition of "QB pressure". "Being around 5yds from QB", not really QB pressure.



That Vaccaro is a SF and Warren is a FS notwithstanding:

Warren was the best graded safety... cool... probably because his 2 INTs from the Bears game... then other 5 games he played in, not so hot.

So, one very good rookie season and one bad season makes a player a bust, whereas 1 good game and 5 meh to bad games makes someone a diamond in the rough.Sounds legit.
lol...

You're one of those "my eyes see everything better" kind of people I guess.

Notice in my posts I did not mention any 'opinion', only stated fact along with highly regarded statistical info.

Also, the last time I checked; a forced fumble that is recovered by the defense would be called a turnover...
blackangold is offline  
Old 01-21-2015, 01:07 AM   #56
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,731
Re: Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
lol...

You're one of those "my eyes see everything better" kind of people I guess.

Notice in my posts I did not mention any 'opinion', only stated fact along with highly regarded statistical info.

Also, the last time I checked; a forced fumble that is recovered by the defense would be called a turnover...
No. I am just the objective type.

Your "highly regarded statistics" are just that, statistics, what comes after lies, and damn lies. and not only are they stats, some of them are subjective and not assessed uniformly, such as "QB pressure". With PFF, there are different people who assess games every week, using only a set of guidelines, and based on those guidelines, it may very well be that a journeyman LB getting within a couple yards of a QB may be classified a "QB pressure", the same as a future HoF DE putting the fear of God on QBs, getting doubled and triple teamed, and still getting within 2 yards of the QB, and the QB running away from him... but we both know it is not the same thing. Or do we?

A fumble is not a turnover until someone from the defense takes possession of the ball. The player recovering the ball would be the one creating the turn over, as it is only then that possession of the ball changes. In any case, even if we move pass the semantics and we go with "he lead the team in turnovers", it's cool with me: "he lead the teams in turnovers"... with 1. WHEEEE!!!

Now, Byrd made a very good play in fumble the fumble, no question. Unfortunately that was the only good play he made in the 4 games he played.

La neta es chida, pero inalcanzable
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 01-21-2015, 03:47 PM   #57
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 312
Re: Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

Rob ryan should remain exactly where he is. He did a great job his first year and a terrible job the second season (although looking at the tape most games guys were in position to make plays but just couldn't. Not really the coaches fault but I digress)

If the defense stinks it up 2 seasons in a row then I agree he should go but right now we need to let it play out this year.
saintfan and ChrisXVI like this.
ikecomp is offline  
Old 01-21-2015, 06:39 PM   #58
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,483
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

Have been laughing since 3pm over this...

Secretary had been looking over my shoulder all day while I had the Saints page up...

She goes "oh, END around"...

I says "What?"

She says "Well, I thought it said reach...nevermind..."

Another hilarious awkward moment at my office...LMAO...
lumm0x likes this.
jeanpierre is online now  
Old 01-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #59
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,475
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

Originally Posted by brees84 View Post
Fangio is new bears D-coordinator.
Damn, really? Didn't see that one coming. I thought he was signed, sealed and delivered to the Redskins.
K Major is online now  
Old 01-25-2015, 08:06 PM   #60
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 4,188
Re: Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan?

exactly what I been saying ,no leadership what so ever just a bunch of hee haw yakking like galete. no one wants to put money where there mouth is as they say.we need big time veteran leadership. or any at all.
st thomas is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/70652-would-saints-pull-end-around-rob-ryan.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-19-2015 11:19 AM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-18-2015 12:44 PM 7
Would Saints Pull an END-AROUND on Rob Ryan? This thread Refback 01-18-2015 12:00 PM 11


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts