Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints have fired Rick Reiprish

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by papz our special teams unit ranked in the top 3rd of the league last season. Saints ranked top 3rd in S/T??...

Like Tree14Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 09:00 PM   #11
Threaded by K Major
Site Donor
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,471

Blog Entries: 1
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by papz View Post
our special teams unit ranked in the top 3rd of the league last season.
Saints ranked top 3rd in S/T??
Views: 3556
Old 01-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #12
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: Saints have fired Rick Reiprish

I think it was ranked 11th or somewhere in that vicinity.
papz is offline  
Old 01-20-2015, 11:03 PM   #13
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 775
Re: Saints have fired Rick Reiprish

Does it bother anyone else we did this at the Senior Bowl?
Why not sooner?
VegasSaint9 likes this.
frankeefrank is offline  
Old 01-21-2015, 02:01 AM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,309
Re: Saints have fired Rick Reiprish

Scapegoat. Loomis and Payton call the shots.
Cruize is offline  
Old 01-21-2015, 06:19 AM   #15
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,962
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Saints have fired Rick Reiprish

Originally Posted by frankeefrank View Post
Does it bother anyone else we did this at the Senior Bowl?
Why not sooner?
yes and no

yes the timing is bad in a normal off season

no because this is not a normal off season

when was the last time you saw so many changes happening in an off season that involved so many successful teams? times like this come around once in a blue moon.

the senior bowl is a job fair of sorts for employed, unemployed and people just sitting on the fence.

i expect there is a short list of people already willing to take the job.

then again you can always promote Vit to the position
hagan714 is offline  
Old 01-21-2015, 06:29 AM   #16
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,962
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Saints have fired Rick Reiprish

Originally Posted by Cruize View Post
Scapegoat. Loomis and Payton call the shots.

I kind of agree with you here. but in no way do i think Loomis gets into player selection. he is a self proclaimed pencil pushing eraser head.

from what i understand the coaches actually get 75% of the players they want on their short list for a given round in a draft. SP speaks and they listen. the other 25% is a front office move. everyone get a piece of the pie. just some pieces are bigger.

so some of the bone head picks do have coach written all over it. But others have FO written on it and Loomis is not the one.
saintsfan1976 and brees84 like this.

"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins
hagan714 is offline  
Old 01-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #17
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 775
Re: Saints have fired Rick Reiprish

I am interested to see what Ireland can do for us...
But, I didn't like in Loomis' press conference when asked about Ireland's recent scouting...
"Did you ask if Ireland had been keeping notebooks on current college guys?"
Loomis responded with, "I didn't ask him that."
frankeefrank is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 05:50 PM   #18
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 775
Re: Saints have fired Rick Reiprish

How much college scouting has Jeff Ireland been doing independently during the college season?

“I didn’t ask him that question.”
frankeefrank is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #19
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,144
Re: Saints have fired Rick Reiprish

He's going to be the head of scouting. All of the scouts assemble the information for him to organize, review discuss, revisit, invite in etc... He probably knows most of our scouts already. And he probably has a few scouts of his own he'd like to bring in.

I'm pretty sure he'll be fully prepared come draft day. I don't see it as a big deal.
Danno is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/70680-saints-have-fired-rick-reiprish.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Saints have fired Rick Reiprish This thread Refback 01-20-2015 05:35 PM 12
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-20-2015 05:15 PM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts