Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Mardigras9 Yep, that was obvious to me with this statement....... Shanle was by far the most underrated player on the roster, although not as far as many of the fans were concerned. However, the coaches and players ...

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,312
Re: Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

Originally Posted by Mardigras9 View Post
Yep, that was obvious to me with this statement.......
Shanle was by far the most underrated player on the roster, although not as far as many of the fans were concerned. However, the coaches and players respected him highly. That's one reason he was named the 2008 defensive MVP by the players. Was he flashy? No, but he did his job and did it well.
hagan714 and nutria like this.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 10:45 AM   #12
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,446
Re: Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

What went wrong with the season

Because the Defense couldn't stop anyone, Brees felt that he had to play at a super human level and force passes into triple coverage

Offense - Easily top 5 in turnovers
Defense - Easily bottom 5 in forced turnovers
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 12:46 PM   #13
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 710
Re: Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

Originally Posted by RailBoss View Post
We did lose a lot of players but good teams know how to regenerate the new talent coming in. For some reason this did not happen for the Saints it seems like there was a distraction that SP could not overcome. Whatever it was was deep rooted and affected the entire team.
.

Yeah, And I know what it was.
NonieT is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 01:40 PM   #14
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,144
Re: Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

If I had to pick just one item, it would be 3rd down %.

Our offense was best in the NFL, and our defense was worst in the NFL.
Danno is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 01:44 PM   #15
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,446
Re: Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

Originally Posted by teddybarexxx View Post
DREW BREES FELT HE HAD TO PLAY AT A SUUUUPER HUMAN LEVEL! let me calm down and laugh at this post ha ha ha
Laugh all you want, it's my opinion and many won't see yours because you've been blocked by most....and now by me.
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #16
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,079
Re: Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

Originally Posted by teddybarexxx View Post
YOU KNOW WHAT F-U AND ALL WHO BLOCKED ME! for those who can see my comments tell those who cant! you all are such whiny babies. anyone that dont say what's trending you all want to outcast them. i dont want to see what this moron has to say mentality. question why arent you the moron(s)? is it because a lot of people may agree with what you say? a lot of the greatest people you can think of wasnt popular amongst their peers! i guess i'm one of them. peace. signing off!
You have a dangerously inflated view of yourself and knowledge level
jnormand, Boutte and dizzle88 like this.
spkb25 is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 02:23 PM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,285
Re: Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

Why do you keep quoting him? My ignore option is useless. lol
brees84 is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 02:28 PM   #18
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 2,833
Re: Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

Originally Posted by teddybarexxx View Post
DREW BREES FELT HE HAD TO PLAY AT A SUUUUPER HUMAN LEVEL! let me calm down and laugh at this post ha ha ha
He was quoting the article dumbass. Jesus.
jnormand is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 03:12 PM   #19
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,079
Re: Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

Originally Posted by brees84 View Post
Why do you keep quoting him? My ignore option is useless. lol
Oh my bad, dude. LMMFAO
jeanpierre likes this.
spkb25 is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #20
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,413
Re: Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season

Good Read,

“I hate the word ‘talent.’ I hate it,” Brees said. “Some of the best players I ever played with, or best teammates I ever played with, that wasn’t their best quality. Everybody’s talented. Their best quality was their work ethic, their leadership ability, their ability to fight through adversity, toughness, reliability. Those are the things I most value.”
QBREES9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/70753-brees-opens-up-what-went-wrong-lost-season.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Brees Opens Up What Went Wrong in Lost Season This thread Refback 01-26-2015 03:22 PM 18
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-26-2015 03:01 PM 4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts