Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Benardick McKinney is the guy who will be available when we pick... Without jumping up and if you back him up with a Denzel Perryman pick in the second... now your talking.......

Like Tree51Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 05:31 AM   #31
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Katy, Tx a suburb of Houston
Posts: 2,088
Re: Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

Benardick McKinney is the guy who will be available when we pick... Without jumping up and if you back him up with a Denzel Perryman pick in the second... now your talking....
Rugby Saint II and MarchingOn like this.
alleycat_126 is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 10:40 AM   #32
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

I want best available offensive lineman at 13 and then trade back into first round for Perryman
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #33
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,560
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
I want best available offensive lineman at 13 and then trade back into first round for Perryman
I think that's a mistake.

What if 5 O lineman are picked before us?

And why would we trade up for Perryman when we could grab Paul Dawson in round 2?

Address O line in FA. Keep your draft picks to add youth, speed and energy to the defense.
brees84 likes this.
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 10:57 AM   #34
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,645
Re: Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

i just can't see DE being a bigger need that OLB, CB or o-line. Personally I think Vic Beasley would be a great pick in Rd 1
voodooido is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #35
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
I think that's a mistake.

What if 5 O lineman are picked before us?

And why would we trade up for Perryman when we could grab Paul Dawson in round 2?

Address O line in FA. Keep your draft picks to add youth, speed and energy to the defense.
Perryman will be a stud, watch, I don't see that happening, defense is deep this draft and a team or 2 will reach or make a stupid draft pick before Saints pick.

Oline needs an upgrade too, remember Saints have a gabillion dollar HoF QB that can't complete a pass when he's on his back or running for his life
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 11:25 AM   #36
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,671
Re: Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

We'll draft a WR, TE, CB, CB, OT, LB.
vpheughan is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 11:50 AM   #37
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 4,191
Re: Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

Didnt we spend 40 million on a saftey?
st thomas is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #38
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,560
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
Perryman will be a stud, watch, I don't see that happening, defense is deep this draft and a team or 2 will reach or make a stupid draft pick before Saints pick.

Oline needs an upgrade too, remember Saints have a gabillion dollar HoF QB that can't complete a pass when he's on his back or running for his life
Are you more comfortable with a proven commodity protecting our "gabillion" dollar investment or a rookie draft pick?

Perryman would be a nice addition. Is he the type of talent you throw 3 draft picks after?
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #39
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,257
Re: Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Are you more comfortable with a proven commodity protecting our "gabillion" dollar investment or a rookie draft pick?

Perryman would be a nice addition. Is he the type of talent you throw 3 draft picks after?
Unless we draft a Center I doubt any offensive lineman drafted will make an impact this year. The team likes Evans, and I think if he is healthy he's a pro-bowler. Grubbs needs to be replaced but not urgently, however having even an average center between the two will dramatically improve the line. I am sure you are aware that Goodwin was among the worst centers in the league last year, some back-ups (Lelito being one of them) rated way higher.
ChrisXVI and MarchingOn like this.
blackangold is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #40
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1?

All line spots besides Evans could/should be upgraded
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/70999-we-really-going-draft-de-round-1-a.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-11-2015 08:24 PM 11
Are we really going to draft a DE in round 1? This thread Refback 02-11-2015 07:29 PM 13


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts