Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Colston Restructure

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Euphoria I hope he picks it up this year... could be his last. I hope he can have atleast 800yds this year and become our first 10 000yd reciever....

Like Tree18Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #21
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 6,408
Re: Colston Restructure

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I hope he picks it up this year... could be his last.
I hope he can have atleast 800yds this year and become our first 10 000yd reciever.
UK_WhoDat, jnormand and SmashMouth like this.
Crusader is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #22
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,413
Re: Colston Restructure

Good to hear!
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #23
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,372
Re: Colston Restructure

I believe that Colston needs an eye exam. I've watched plenty of rugby players who think their career is over because they can't catch and start missing tackles because of poor depth perception. I also speak from experience. Every time I get my new contact prescription I almost have too pee because I'm so excited about playing rugby again. It's almost long moments of clarity.
Crusader likes this.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #24
500th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mandeville
Posts: 786
Re: Colston Restructure

I hate to say it but I'm not sure Colston has much to offer anymore. Surely, he can make a few nice third down catches, but I'd like to see the Saints try to get faster at the receiver position. We need guys who can turn a 5yd curl into a big gain. Of course Cooks can do this. This is my biggest complaint with Jimmy Graham. Run over some CBs dude! Toon actually broke a few tackles late in the season last year. Colston actually used to do this, but he does it less and less lately.
billyt81 is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #25
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,480
Re: Colston Restructure

Originally Posted by billyt81 View Post
I hate to say it but I'm not sure Colston has much to offer anymore. Surely, he can make a few nice third down catches, but I'd like to see the Saints try to get faster at the receiver position. We need guys who can turn a 5yd curl into a big gain. Of course Cooks can do this. This is my biggest complaint with Jimmy Graham. Run over some CBs dude! Toon actually broke a few tackles late in the season last year. Colston actually used to do this, but he does it less and less lately.
I was actually quite impressed with toon late in the season, he had some really solid, consistent games

Breaking 4 tackles for the TD vs Steelers was pretty sweet too!
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 05:07 PM   #26
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,315
Re: Colston Restructure

Waiting to see details. While the deal helps the current season cap it surely means more money in Colston's pocket. The deal hasn't hit Spotrac.com yet.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 03-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #27
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,977
Blog Entries: 52
Saints restructure Colston contract

Saints working to get under cap

Updated: March 6, 2015, 6:14 PM ET
ESPN.com staff

The New Orleans Saints have restructured the contract of wide receiver Marques Colston, sources confirmed to ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett on a busy Friday during which the team took steps to get under the salary cap before the free-agent market opens.

The Colston story was first reported by Fox Sports.
Defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley also agreed to a pay cut to stay with the Saints, a league source confirmed to Triplett. Financial terms are unknown. Bunkley also took a pay cut in 2014.

New Orleans Saints restructure Marques Colston's contract - ESPN

The Saints are desperate for salary cap space, and Colston's $9.7 cap hit in 2015 was an easy place to find relief. Details of the restructure have not been reported yet but a cut in Colston's $6.9 million base salary is likely. The move will help the Saints lower their cap total and perhaps allow them to add a veteran free agent or two to the roster next week.

Marques Colston's return makes sense, allows Saints to concentrate on other priorities: Jeff Duncan | NOLA.com

"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins

Last edited by hagan714; 03-07-2015 at 06:03 PM..
hagan714 is offline  
Old 03-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #28
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,156
Re: Saints restructure Colston contract

Old news?
hagan714 likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 03-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #29
500th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mandeville
Posts: 786
Re: Colston Restructure

The more I think about it, I think the Saints made a mistake. Colston has lost a step if not two, whereas Pierre Thomas in spurts last year was phenomenal. In 2015 I'd rather see Toon on the field than Colston. I don't follow the cap and player salaries closely but I think PT was set to make around 1 mil and Colston was set to make 9 mil. Maybe Tim Hightower is looking good, but I suspect we plan to draft or sign a back. Because as we stand, we still need PT as a 3rd down back. PT caught 45 passes with like 19 of 'em being first downs. And he wasn't on the field that much. Only 59% of passes thrown to Colston were completed, because he can no longer get open and he aint getting younger.
billyt81 is offline  
Old 03-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #30
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,977
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Colston Restructure

Originally Posted by billyt81 View Post
The more I think about it, I think the Saints made a mistake. Colston has lost a step if not two, whereas Pierre Thomas in spurts last year was phenomenal. In 2015 I'd rather see Toon on the field than Colston. I don't follow the cap and player salaries closely but I think PT was set to make around 1 mil and Colston was set to make 9 mil.
the cap hit for dead money was just to high not to do this

Originally Posted by billyt81 View Post
Maybe Tim Hightower is looking good, but I suspect we plan to draft or sign a back. Because as we stand, we still need PT as a 3rd down back. PT caught 45 passes with like 19 of 'em being first downs. And he wasn't on the field that much. Only 59% of passes thrown to Colston were completed, because he can no longer get open and he aint getting younger.
i agree and i am not counting on him for anything. so he is set up to surprise me
ScottF likes this.

Last edited by hagan714; 03-08-2015 at 09:11 AM..
hagan714 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/71283-colston-restructure.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Colston Restructure This thread Refback 03-06-2015 11:13 AM 8


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts