Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints sign CB Brandon Browner

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by lee909 Had to double take there I just caught Reasons the Saints are interested in Anquan Boldin! been dreaming of this match up for years. but he is still with niners. trade? please no...

Like Tree169Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #171
Threaded by hagan714
LB Mentallity
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 15,864

Blog Entries: 68
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
Had to double take there

I just caught Reasons the Saints are interested in Anquan Boldin!
been dreaming of this match up for years. but he is still with niners. trade? please no
Views: 24545
Old 03-12-2015, 03:09 PM   #172
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 326
Re: Saints sign CB Brandon Browner

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Byrd|Vacarro
Browner................Lewis

Scary secondary...
Not quite sure we're scary yet. Vacarro and Byrd were supposed to be a scary secondary last year and that didn't quite work out. Vacarro needs to get back into his rookie form and I need byrd not to be a million miles away from every play this year.

At this point I'd be willing to say they could "potentially" be scary. I'd still like to sign tramon as well to truly make us scary. That way we could move browner to the slight and on tightends as needed.
ikecomp is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #173
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 3,274
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Saints sign CB Brandon Browner

I told yall cannon balls were about to land. SPLADOOOOOOSHHHH
B_Dub_Saint is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #174
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,882
Re: Saints sign CB Brandon Browner

Originally Posted by ikecomp View Post
Not quite sure we're scary yet. Vacarro and Byrd were supposed to be a scary secondary last year and that didn't quite work out. Vacarro needs to get back into his rookie form and I need byrd not to be a million miles away from every play this year.

At this point I'd be willing to say they could "potentially" be scary. I'd still like to sign tramon as well to truly make us scary. That way we could move browner to the slight and on tightends as needed.
Byrd won't have to play so far back now; he doesn't have to worry about White/P-Rob/whoever else tried to start the #2 whiffing on the coverage... Browner and Lewis are both very good pressers
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 03:29 PM   #175
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.
Posts: 688
Re: Saints sign CB Brandon Browner

I hope this deal was written to allow us to get out after this season. I'm worried about his speed to run with some of the WRs.

We need some speed on defense.
Rsanders24 is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 03:29 PM   #176
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,220
Re: Saints sign CB Brandon Browner

Maybe Browner will teach our WR's how to beat physical play at the line of scrimmage.
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 03:29 PM   #177
Breakin Records
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Deville, Louisiana
Posts: 2,152
Re: Saints sign CB Brandon Browner

Great signing OMG have 2 legit starting corners !
AllSaints is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 03:38 PM   #178
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 326
Re: Saints sign CB Brandon Browner

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Byrd won't have to play so far back now; he doesn't have to worry about White/P-Rob/whoever else tried to start the #2 whiffing on the coverage... Browner and Lewis are both very good pressers
I hope you're right about Byrd. But that still doesn't fix what we saw from vacarro last year. His coverage skills took a dip and his tackling was outright atrocious. If he fixes that then you might be on to something.
ikecomp is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #179
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,882
Re: Saints sign CB Brandon Browner

spkb25 likes this.
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 03-12-2015, 03:47 PM   #180
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,882
Re: Saints sign CB Brandon Browner

Originally Posted by ikecomp View Post
But that still doesn't fix what we saw from vacarro last year. His coverage skills took a dip and his tackling was outright atrocious. If he fixes that then you might be on to something.
Nothing more than a sophomore slump; Dennis Allen will have him playing well...
spkb25 likes this.
|Mitch| is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/71371-saints-sign-cb-brandon-browner.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Black and Gold | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-13-2015 08:30 AM 1
Saints sign CB Brandon Browner This thread Refback 03-12-2015 03:33 PM 12
The Latest NFL News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-10-2015 06:48 PM 2
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-10-2015 06:47 PM 12
Saints going after CB Brandon Browner This thread Refback 03-10-2015 06:37 PM 24


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts