Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

New Deal for Keenan Lewis

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 I hate how this situation was handled. Loomis has now shown players that if you don't like what they are doing or your contract, you can go cry on social media and get what you want ...

Like Tree36Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2015, 03:45 PM   #21
Threaded by Seer1
Site Donor
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 3,452

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
I hate how this situation was handled. Loomis has now shown players that if you don't like what they are doing or your contract, you can go cry on social media and get what you want
You're allowed to say what you want. Although I disagree, I'm all for your right to say it. I don't see how anyone gives up their rights to free speech just because they're part of the NFL.
Views: 5654
Old 03-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #22
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: New Deal for Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
You're allowed to say what you want. Although I disagree, I'm all for your right to say it. I don't see how anyone gives up their rights to free speech just because they're part of the NFL.
Because they are part of a team, if your labeled a "leader" you have to act like it .... part of the deal of being part of the NFL
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 11:02 PM   #23
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: New Deal for Keenan Lewis

Did anyone hear him on WWL today, would like to know what he said?
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 11:21 PM   #24
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,398
Blog Entries: 5
Re: New Deal for Keenan Lewis

jnormand likes this.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 11:49 PM   #25
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,524
Re: New Deal for Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
He didn't get his way in terms of what he originally said, which was "I want my contract fully guaranteed". That was just plain stupid of him. Obviously someone gave him the proverbial slap upside the head and got him somewhat off of his high horse.
It was stupid of him, but he was watching players, good players, get traded, cut, and restructured left and right. A lot of what he said was probably out of fear of the unknown.
The Dude is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 11:51 PM   #26
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,398
Blog Entries: 5
Re: New Deal for Keenan Lewis

Wait... what is this thread about again?
foreverfan is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 11:54 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,444
Blog Entries: 2
Re: New Deal for Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
You're allowed to say what you want. Although I disagree, I'm all for your right to say it. I don't see how anyone gives up their rights to free speech just because they're part of the NFL.
Whoa there. This isn't a matter of free speech. It's not like he was going to go to jail over it. The fact is that there is a right way to handle things and a wrong way. He handled it wrong. Not just because he used social media to complain, but his complaints were off base to begin with. We're a team that needed to get better in a lot of areas and didn't have any cap space. That means big moves needed to be made. And yet, he took it personal somehow.
K Major likes this.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 12:00 AM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,444
Blog Entries: 2
Re: New Deal for Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
It was stupid of him, but he was watching players, good players, get traded, cut, and restructured left and right. A lot of what he said was probably out of fear of the unknown.
Well as I said in another thread related to this topic, he's making a lot of money for a reason. He IS a good player, and will make his money no matter if it were here or elsewhere. I don't see what there is to fear about that. And it was pretty clear, as Loomis even said as much, that this was about upgrading defense. So why would they trade Keenan? The guy just got too caught up in his emotions and forgot that the team's priority is to win, not to keep friends around to grow old together. I have no doubt it sucks to see your buddies get traded, but that's the business. It isn't new.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 12:05 AM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,444
Blog Entries: 2
Re: New Deal for Keenan Lewis

Damn it, foreverfan, now I don't remember what I was talking about!
foreverfan, K Major and Mr.Riaton like this.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 03-20-2015, 12:06 AM   #30
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,398
Blog Entries: 5
Re: New Deal for Keenan Lewis

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Damn it, foreverfan, now I don't remember what I was talking about!
At least I showed the difference between right and wrong.

In case you didn't notice... I doesn't matter to Sean Payton or Micky Loomis what we think.
Mr.Riaton likes this.
foreverfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/71571-new-deal-keenan-lewis.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-19-2015 12:57 PM 2
New Deal for Keenan Lewis This thread Refback 03-19-2015 07:36 AM 11


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts