Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Argument against this?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; NO NO NO NO NO NO just stay at 13 and 31, take BPA with both picks...

Like Tree33Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #21
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: Argument against this?

NO NO NO NO NO NO

just stay at 13 and 31, take BPA with both picks
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #22
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 710
Re: Argument against this?

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
NO NO NO NO NO NO

just stay at 13 and 31, take BPA with both picks
Agree, or trade down for more picks.
NonieT is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #23
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: Argument against this?

It takes another team to trade down, it's not as easy as you think
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 09:03 PM   #24
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,105
Re: Argument against this?

Originally Posted by NonieT View Post
If you want to play with words knock yourself out, but 31st pick is a first round pick and comes with a 5th year option. A second round pick does not. As I said, the Saints have one 2nd round pick. As for moving up, they shouldn't. They should keep all of their picks and take BPA.
play with words, okay it is a first that is two picks ahead of a second, who cares, it is as good as a second, so we are not losing anything there. Again, I am not saying we will, but if the guy we want requires it I say we pull the trigger
spkb25 is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #25
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,105
Re: Argument against this?

Originally Posted by TwistedTiger View Post
The Saints have been trading up and losing picks, but it really hasn't worked. Now they find themselves in a position where they need immediate help at several positions. With three picks in the first 44 they have the chance to fill a few of those needs with quality starters. If the Saints were one star player away from the Superbowl it would be different, but they are not. With 9 picks they are set up to make significant improvement with young players. Brees time is limited, the Saints can't afford to blow another draft.
I understand your point, but that wasn't when we had 5 picks in the first 3 rounds
spkb25 is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 09:06 PM   #26
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,105
Re: Argument against this?

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Thank you for correcting me.

I could see our draft play out like this:

Trade a 2nd to get a higher 1st. Then draft at 31

Trade a 4th to get back into the 2nd.
our 4rth went for Unger
spkb25 is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #27
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,105
Re: Argument against this?

Originally Posted by NonieT View Post
Agree, or trade down for more picks.
There ya go, and if we're lucky we can trade everything and own the entire 7th round...

Why the hell would we need more than 9 pick...?
spkb25 is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 09:34 PM   #28
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 710
Re: Argument against this?

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
It takes another team to trade down, it's not as easy as you think
Didn't say it was easy. I simply meant if they have the opportunity they should trade down.
NonieT is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 10:01 PM   #29
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: Argument against this?

Under Loomis/Peyton the Saints seldom trade down, most times they trade up
Beastmode and halloween 65 like this.
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 10:58 PM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,755
Re: Argument against this?

You guys do know who our GM is right? Do you really think he's magically going to get conservative with the draft? Loomis trades up... Even when he doesn't have the extra draft picks to make easier. I don't think we trade up from 13... But we're using that extra 3rd round pick to help us move up from 31 or 44.
ChrisXVI is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/71938-argument-against.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 04-12-2015 02:40 PM 6
Argument against this? This thread Refback 04-12-2015 02:18 PM 11


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts