Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by foreverfan What does that mean?...

Like Tree15Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
Threaded by Danno
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,154

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
What does that mean?
Views: 2135
Old 06-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #12
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,510
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans

Is it me or is everyone asleep on this one?!?

Who tried to move the team post-Katrina?!?

Who came out and calmed the public about the Saints relocating?!?

Who has been touted as the future of the franchise for nearly the past fifteen years?!?

Gayle shows up and less than ten years the rest of the family is shown the door?!?

That move alone shows total irrational thought and behaviour, never mind the other shenanigans Tom Benson has pulled over the years...

His money?!? Does anyone realize how much of his money and taxpayer money had been used to purchase the Saints?!?

And don't even get started on how much taxpayers have subsidized the team to keep 'em in South Louisiana...

Renee Benson brought the action as well and this spin that it's somehow Rita...

Tom Benson went out of his way to create this trust to avoid taxes and now he wants to go the other way?!?

One judge has already said that all the lawyers should submit final bills and go home; so why isn't Team Tommy different by court shopping to gain influence...

The lid needs to be pulled back and a serious look into Tom Benson, his latest bride, and there close circle of advisers...

And if this was a truly legit competency hearing - WTF was Tom Benson not on the stand to demonstrate competency to the judge?!?

Something just isn't right about all this...
OldMaid likes this.

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock

Last edited by jeanpierre; 06-18-2015 at 11:25 PM..
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 06-18-2015, 09:33 PM   #13
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,587
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans

Legal battle for Saints owner Tom Benson's fortune is likely far from over | NOLA.com
SmashMouth is offline  
Old 06-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,750
Re: Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans

Yeah I mean Tom Benson was a crappy owner for a long time. Amazing what a Super Bowl win can erase from most people's memory.
ChrisXVI is online now  
Old 06-19-2015, 08:01 AM   #15
Realist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 2,630
Re: Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Is it me or is everyone asleep on this one?!?

Who tried to move the team post-Katrina?!?

Who came out and calmed the public about the Saints relocating?!?

Who has been touted as the future of the franchise for nearly the past fifteen years?!?

Gayle shows up and less than ten years the rest of the family is shown the door?!?

That move alone shows total irrational thought and behaviour, never mind the other shenanigans Tom Benson has pulled over the years...

His money?!? Does anyone realize how much of his money and taxpayer money had been used to purchase the Saints?!?

And don't even get started on how much taxpayers have subsidized the team to keep 'em in South Louisiana...

Renee Benson brought the action as well and this spin that it's somehow Rita...

Tom Benson went out of his way to create this trust to avoid taxes and now he wants to go the other way?!?

One judge has already said that all the lawyers should submit final bills and go home; so why isn't Team Tommy different by court shopping to gain influence...

The lid needs to be pulled back and a serious look into Tom Benson, his latest bride, and there close circle of advisers...

And if this was a truly legit competency hearing - WTF was Tom Benson not on the stand to demonstrate competency to the judge?!?

Something just isn't right about all this...
Did you read the article? States in there that the judge interviewed TB with both sides lawyers present.

I don't know if this is a good thing or not but you can bet your a$$ we don't know all the facts pertaining to why this all happened.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
CharityMike is offline  
Old 06-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #16
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,510
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans

Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
Did you read the article? States in there that the judge interviewed TB with both sides lawyers present.

I don't know if this is a good thing or not but you can bet your a$$ we don't know all the facts pertaining to why this all happened.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Yes, Mike, read it...

And did you read my statement?!?

There should have been Full Disclosure throught the proceedings...

Benson should have had to take the stand and demonstrated to all in atttendence that he is sound in mind and body which happens to be what the motion was about in the first place...

Last edited by jeanpierre; 06-19-2015 at 04:55 PM..
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 06-19-2015, 09:06 AM   #17
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,395
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
What does that mean?
foreverfan is offline  
Old 06-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #18
Realist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 2,630
Re: Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Yes, Mike, read it...

And did you read my statement?!?

There should have been Full Disclosure throught the proceedings...

Bensoon should have had to take the stand...
I get what you mean but the 1 hour interview with Benson seemed to please both sides, what's the issue?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
CharityMike is offline  
Old 06-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #19
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,557
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans

This is good for the organization, fans and region of the gulf south.
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 06-19-2015, 05:10 PM   #20
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,510
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans

Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
I get what you mean but the 1 hour interview with Benson seemed to please both sides, what's the issue?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Under questioning, in a recorded legal format, he should explain his reasons for abandoning what seemed to be a careful, thought-out, developed, league-approved plan of transition; during this questioning, logical, well-grounded organized issues could be testified by Tom Benson...

Why in this format? Public funds have and continue to support the organizations in his trust; he may manage a private trust of ownership, but that trust and its subsidiaries receive public monies and a local industry of public and private companies are invested around that team...

HYPOTHETICALLY, AND NOT SUCH AN IMAGINED STRETCH, during questioning, it could be discovered that he's been Svengali'd, Rasputinized if you will, by someone(s) and that not only puts him at risk and in an abusive situation (yes, it's abuse) but now you're affecting an economy, not to mention public trust and funds...

His actions since December 2014 demonstrate a radical, irrational departure from what he has touted to the public, the league and to his organizations for some ten plus years...

There's more to this than over-simplified, convenient Rita's a spoiled b**ch dismissive angle...

And I'm not personalizing this toward you, but I'm looking at this with all Benson's history as well...

True, we don't know every single detail, but there's too many dramatic departures from what has been the company line for the Saints these past ten years...
brees84 likes this.

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/72873-judge-finds-tom-benson-competent-run-saints-pelicans.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-18-2015 04:58 PM 1
Judge finds Tom Benson competent to run Saints, Pelicans This thread Refback 06-18-2015 04:55 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts