Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by NOLA54 I'm not impressed. Pre season is more about evaluating players....

Like Tree29Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #131
Threaded by K Major
Site Donor
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,511

Blog Entries: 1
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by NOLA54 View Post
I'm not impressed.
Pre season is more about evaluating players.
nola_swammi and jeanpierre like this.
Views: 13670
Old 08-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #132
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Re: LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
you don't spend a 3rd round pick on a QB and cut him...

I wanted Petty. The guy is gonna play with more heart than Grayson.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 09:28 PM   #133
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,755
Re: LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
I wanted Petty. The guy is gonna play with more heart than Grayson. But the FO hates Christians.
You... You can't be, uh, serious. Please tell me you're joking. You might officially be the stupidest poster here if you believe the front office hates Christians.
ChrisXVI is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 09:44 PM   #134
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Re: LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON

Chill with the insults, thats why I left PSR.

I have not seen our team draft many outwardly Christians. Byrd is religous but we did not draft him, his talent was why we signed him. We didn't want Tebow if I recall. There are others. Just saying how many players on our team can you say is a God fearing Christian. Because as far as drafting is concerned, we never have those kinds of rookies.

Though the board also was pushing for Grayson over Petty and I believe thats what led to the drafting of Grayson. SR did the same thing on their board. The QB is the most important position for maturity, you can win with a immature WR or RB, you can't with a immature QB. A religous person is more likely to be mature and study hard.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #135
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Re: LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON

Edit your post because I edited mine.

If you were a more important poster here I would report you but obviously like TB you have been more critical than positive.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #136
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,755
Re: LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
Chill with the insults, thats why I left PSR.

I have not seen our team draft many outwardly Christians. Byrd is religous but we did not draft him, his talent was why we signed him. We didn't want Tebow if I recall. There are others. Just saying how many players on our team can you say is a God fearing Christian. Because as far as drafting is concerned, we never have those kinds of rookies.

Though the board also was pushing for Grayson over Petty and I believe thats what led to the drafting of Grayson. SR did the same thing on their board. The QB is the most important position for maturity, you can win with a immature WR or RB, you can't with a immature QB. A religous person is more likely to be mature and study hard.
No, I'm not gonna chill with the insults. You really are the stupidest person on this board. Do you know how many openly Christian players we have on this team and have had in recent years?
ChrisXVI is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 09:53 PM   #137
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Re: LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON

I haven't seen anybody act like Petty.

I know Brees is a Christian, but I haven't seen him talk about it much. Who else is? Name them.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 10:02 PM   #138
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 160
Re: LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
Chill with the insults, thats why I left PSR.

I have not seen our team draft many outwardly Christians. Byrd is religous but we did not draft him, his talent was why we signed him. We didn't want Tebow if I recall. There are others. Just saying how many players on our team can you say is a God fearing Christian. Because as far as drafting is concerned, we never have those kinds of rookies.

Though the board also was pushing for Grayson over Petty and I believe thats what led to the drafting of Grayson. SR did the same thing on their board. The QB is the most important position for maturity, you can win with a immature WR or RB, you can't with a immature QB. A religous person is more likely to be mature and study hard.
Do you have any objective proof to that last statement? I'm not knocking Christians. I am one myself, but I would love to see empirical proof to that statement? There's not.

Frankly, it's asinine to say it. How about if I said, I prefer pagans on the defensive line because they are more likely to play fierce? Or if I said non Christians make better football players because a Christian would rather be at church than play on Sunday? It's baseless and ridiculous.

Why not say you would rather the team draft Christians because you prefer football teams with players who believe like you do?
vtiger72 is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 10:04 PM   #139
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Re: LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON

Oh and calling me stupidest person on here. My insights have been very strong on here. I called OBD being a top WR before last year's draft based on his highlight reels, I was one of the first ones to begin the trade Graham movement.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 08-30-2015, 10:27 PM   #140
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Re: LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON

Originally Posted by vtiger72 View Post
Do you have any objective proof to that last statement? I'm not knocking Christians. I am one myself, but I would love to see empirical proof to that statement? There's not.

Frankly, it's asinine to say it. How about if I said, I prefer pagans on the defensive line because they are more likely to play fierce? Or if I said non Christians make better football players because a Christian would rather be at church than play on Sunday? It's baseless and ridiculous.

Why not say you would rather the team draft Christians because you prefer football teams with players who believe like you do?

When it comes to the qb position, yes I prefer someone who will be mentally ready and mature to start as that is one half of what it takes to be a great qb. You do not want anyone other than that to lead your team for the next 10-15 years.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
preseason 2015, saints, texans

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/73845-live-thread-saints-texans-preseason.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
LIVE THREAD SAINTS AND TEXANS PRESEASON This thread Refback 08-30-2015 04:28 PM 3
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-30-2015 03:28 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts