Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Please get off of Brees

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Boutte If his receivers weren't dropping everything that hit their hands he wouldn't need one. Go back and watch that game. It was one of the worst performances by a group of WRs that you'll ever see. ...

Like Tree61Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #31
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 2,193
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Please get off of Brees

Originally Posted by Boutte View Post
If his receivers weren't dropping everything that hit their hands he wouldn't need one. Go back and watch that game. It was one of the worst performances by a group of WRs that you'll ever see.
They drop them with Brees also, your right. WR coach is sucking
pherein is offline  
Old 09-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #32
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,524
Re: Please get off of Brees

Originally Posted by 4everSaint View Post
It really is getting old. This man has done nothing but played his heart our for us. Won us a Super Bowl! A Super Bowl! He is not done. He is HURT! Now I don't know what to say about 0-3 at the moment. But it is not on Brees.

Hope you guys have a good week!
Yea he played his heart out and got us a SB. I want another one, with or without Brees. Im not just going to go on hoping we keep him even when he cant play just as a thank you for a ring we got 7 years ago.
The Dude is offline  
Old 09-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #33
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Re: Please get off of Brees

I see my post didn't go through regarding franchise QBs. But it has not been once every three years. Today franchise qbs are coming out more and more. You just have to be smart enough to know one that runs a lot isn't one unless it's Wilson. Cook this year, last year Mariotta(he went toe to toe with Luck), the year before Carr(the others was a partyboy, and a bunch of primarily running QBs including him), the year before was a joke year and we knew about that beforehand(no name draft), the year before was Luck and Wilson, the year before that was Newton(franchise for their team but he's not great) and Dalton, the year before were QBs from system offenses(Tebow, McCoy, Bradford). But QBs now are more prepared than ever.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 09-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #34
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 2,193
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Please get off of Brees

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
I see my post didn't go through regarding franchise QBs. But it has not been once every three years. Today franchise qbs are coming out more and more. You just have to be smart enough to know one that runs a lot isn't one unless it's Wilson. Cook this year, last year Mariotta(he went toe to toe with Luck), the year before Carr(the others was a partyboy, and a bunch of primarily running QBs including him), the year before was a joke year and we knew about that beforehand(no name draft), the year before was Luck and Wilson, the year before that was Newton(franchise for their team but he's not great) and Dalton, the year before were QBs from system offenses(Tebow, McCoy, Bradford). But QBs now are more prepared than ever.
I dont think so, teams are not willing to develop QB's anymore. Brees didnt do well 2-3 years in SD. Your not seening that anymore. They want an instant super star with bad coaches. Luck looks awful because of coaching, 49ers lost a SB switching to trendy kaepernick and dumping Alex Smith, a good pocket passer.
Its always Brady, Rogers, Brees, Manning, and etc..
All given a chance with good coaches.
Running QB's like Cam are ridiculous, they never amount to anything or last. Like RG3, they have no football intelligence or great passing, pocket presence. Look at Cam's #'s and passer rating , its laughable.
Coaches need to take guys that have pocket presence, very accurate, leadership, and high football intellegence like they did Rogers, and teach them the game.
McCoy is one that can be developed in the right system to be great, but probably never will be. because there are not that many good coaches anymore.
But, I am not seeing more and more elite QB's comming out, accually Im seeing less and more bust QB's, and the old dominate QB's hardly being challenged.
Unfornunaty the days of developing a Starbuck, Brady, Brees, Rogers, Bradshaw, and etc are comming to a close, because coaches want fast wins.
and the idiot running QB's are filling up most of college teams.
Pocket passer will always beat a running QB, that will never change.
Boutte likes this.

Saints proved that pigs could fly in 2009.
Now its time for another miracle SuperBowl and go where no pig has gone before.


Last edited by pherein; 09-28-2015 at 09:41 PM..
pherein is offline  
Old 09-28-2015, 11:14 PM   #35
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,687
Re: Please get off of Brees

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Yea he played his heart out and got us a SB. I want another one, with or without Brees. Im not just going to go on hoping we keep him even when he cant play just as a thank you for a ring we got 7 years ago.
yeah, we'll do a lot better with our a HoF QB. We'll find another one, no problem. They're a dime a dozen these days.
jnormand likes this.
Boutte is offline  
Old 09-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #36
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,490
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Please get off of Brees

Should Drew recover fully from this latest injury, he will be around for another 2-3 years with the Saints.
NOLA54 is offline  
Old 09-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #37
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 3,581
Re: Please get off of Brees

Originally Posted by NOLA54 View Post
Should Drew recover fully from this latest injury, he will be around for another 2-3 years with the Saints.
He is going to have to be.
UK_WhoDat is offline  
Old 09-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #38
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 3,581
Re: Please get off of Brees

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I'm appreciative for everything Drew has done for the Saints organization & the city of New Orleans.
In all honesty, I think we all are
UK_WhoDat is offline  
Old 09-30-2015, 05:02 PM   #39
Cake or Death?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,605
Re: Please get off of Brees

Drew is far from too old to play the game. He needs a better team around him. And also, !!!!! I don't know for who but what the heck. We need something to celebrate around here.
Halo and jnormand like this.
exile is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/74351-please-get-off-brees.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 09-28-2015 02:57 AM 2
Please get off of Brees This thread Refback 09-28-2015 01:19 AM 9


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts