Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Jimmy Graham

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Tony180a Careful what you ask for... using your logic we'd have a hard time filling a game day roster. Yes I said GUTLESS and what else can you call a trade that caught everyone including Brees by ...

Like Tree92Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #51
Threaded by burningmetal
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,443

Blog Entries: 2
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post
Careful what you ask for... using your logic we'd have a hard time filling a game day roster. Yes I said GUTLESS and what else can you call a trade that caught everyone including Brees by surprise. Drew Brees made Jimmy Graham can also be looked at as Jimmy Graham elevated Drew Brees. End of the day its a business. I take umbrage when fans talk **** about a players loyalty to management who traded him like a thief in the night. Kool aid drinkers only see it one way, when the guy that they cheered as he dunked after scoring touchdowns for us...was traded by the same mgmt. Now
he's disloyal????
Really? You think we'd have a hard time filling out a roster? Let me ask you something... Do you like it when people you know and call your friends talk bad about you? What makes you think players WOULDN'T have a problem with that? It's like he's telling them "I'm glad I got out of that mess, because I'm too good for that". It's one thing to think that, but it's another to publicly out your old team. Unless they legitimately did something wrong to him.

But that's the problem. Your argument is beyond weak in what you consider disrespectful or gutless. You think because it caught people by surprise, it was gutless? Were they supposed to ask for his permission? You negotiate contracts, you DO NOT negotiate trade's with players. You negotiate with the prospective team you are dealing with.

The funniest part of what you said was when you suggested Jimmy might have elevated Drew Brees. Is that why we won the superbowl without Jimmy? Don't get me wrong, Jimmy had talent, but Drew was already established well before Jimmy even started playing football.

Lastly, it's not about loyalty. It's about having class. No one is asking Jimmy to wave pom poms around and cheer for us. But what he did was classless.
Views: 4237
Old 10-03-2015, 12:42 AM   #52
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 21
Re: Jimmy Graham

I don't mean to imply that Jimmy Graham was the cure all for us. I never said that Drew wasn't established, no argument there. However there is no argument that Graham complimented Brees (elevating his game).

Well nice of you to appoint yourself the Class Czar and dictate what is and what isn't..... But at the end of the day its just your opinion.

Are we a better team without Graham?
Tony180a is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 07:25 AM   #53
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,443
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Jimmy Graham

Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post
I don't mean to imply that Jimmy Graham was the cure all for us. I never said that Drew wasn't established, no argument there. However there is no argument that Graham complimented Brees (elevating his game).

Well nice of you to appoint yourself the Class Czar and dictate what is and what isn't..... But at the end of the day its just your opinion.

Are we a better team without Graham?
You're clearly trolling at this point. Class Czar? You came in here to tell everybody they were overreacting, and I made my point as to why I stand where I stand. Did I tell you how to react or how you should feel about it? No, I certainly did not. I don't care if you agree or disagree with Graham, but if you want to argue with others about their opinions, then be ready to defend your point. That's kind of how it works, you know?

Are we better without Graham? That's hard to answer when our QB has been broken, we traded Stills and didn't bring in any receivers, and our defense (which already wasn't good) is missing key players. Are the Seahawks better with Graham? There isn't a conclusive answer to that either, but as long as we're going to make each other answer such a question after 3 weeks, I can tell you they sure don't look better.

But what does any of that have to do with Jimmy posting a classless message?

Oh well, that's just my opinion at the end of the day, right? I guess whatever you call your words is something above that of an opinion.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 10:35 AM   #54
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,524
Re: Jimmy Graham

The problem with the whole JG debacle in my mind wasn't the trade but that huge contract we gave him in the first place. We let go of Sproles and a couple others that I would like to have back in order to get him. We were doomed from the start. Wayyyy to much money for a TE who is always hurt and can't block. He is soft and he openly admitted to taking blocking assignments off last year. Looking back I think that's one reason you saw Brees kind of snub him towards the end of year.

Pam Oliver straight up asked Brees if he was mad at Jimmy and he didn't make much of an effort to deny it.
**** JG. Seattle has just as much buyers remorse as we do because he is not lighting it up over there.
I will say that both Jimmy and Akeem got the best end of the deals. They went to teams that will most likely get at least one Super Bowl in the next couple years.
The Dude is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #55
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,524
Re: Jimmy Graham

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
You're clearly trolling at this point. Class Czar? You came in here to tell everybody they were overreacting, and I made my point as to why I stand where I stand. Did I tell you how to react or how you should feel about it? No, I certainly did not. I don't care if you agree or disagree with Graham, but if you want to argue with others about their opinions, then be ready to defend your point. That's kind of how it works, you know?

Are we better without Graham? That's hard to answer when our QB has been broken, we traded Stills and didn't bring in any receivers, and our defense (which already wasn't good) is missing key players. Are the Seahawks better with Graham? There isn't a conclusive answer to that either, but as long as we're going to make each other answer such a question after 3 weeks, I can tell you they sure don't look better.

But what does any of that have to do with Jimmy posting a classless message?

Oh well, that's just my opinion at the end of the day, right? I guess whatever you call your words is something above that of an opinion.
Dude take some deep breaths. Don't let some noob with a pic of a crappy Camero sitting up on blocks in his driveway get to you.
Y'all both have good points.
As for JG he can say or do anything he wants. May not be the smart thing to do but it's done. You can't judge a person that you don't even know by a stupid Tweet. All we know about these players is what we read about them in the media.
He was here and now he's gone and I think it's for the best.
The Dude is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #56
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 21
Re: Jimmy Graham

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Dude take some deep breaths. Don't let some noob with a pic of a crappy Camero sitting up on blocks in his driveway get to you.
Noob ? If you'll check I've been a member of this board almost a decade before you joined.
Tony180a is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 04:13 PM   #57
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,253
Re: Jimmy Graham

The one thing we can count on is watching Puddin' disappear when a legit #2 cb. is put on him and getting injured every year. I like the fact we traded him and recieved a great C and the 31st pick. I think with Brees age and in decline surrounding him with a run game is smarter than going all passing attack and that requires a well rounded TE and Graham wasnt well rounded. We did fine with the trade (although Anthony wasn't my prefered choice we'll be better O in when the O-line gets it together.
halloween 65 is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #58
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,443
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Jimmy Graham

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Dude take some deep breaths. Don't let some noob with a pic of a crappy Camero sitting up on blocks in his driveway get to you.
Y'all both have good points.
As for JG he can say or do anything he wants. May not be the smart thing to do but it's done. You can't judge a person that you don't even know by a stupid Tweet. All we know about these players is what we read about them in the media.
He was here and now he's gone and I think it's for the best.
I'm capable of holding an argument without losing my mind. Message boards aren't all about agreements. As for Graham, this isn't a judgement of who he is on a daily basis, it's about what he said. It was a jerk move, period. I don't have to know him to read something he says and say that it was a crappy thing to do.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #59
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 5,485
Re: Jimmy Graham

I just think its sad.

Graham's had a hard road to where he is.
And now people are angry at him, in a city where he used to be loved.
I like him.
I'd like to continue liking him, and I dont want to hear whatever he said,
that he now would like to retract. I've certainly said things I'd like to
take back in the past. I even have had people I love say rotten things
to me, and it doesnt change my love for them.
He's a person. He regrets his words.
Besides, I wouldnt mind having him back.

Think Jesus thoughts, yall.

skymike is offline  
Old 10-03-2015, 09:25 PM   #60
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: Jimmy Graham

6 pages, really?
RailBoss likes this.
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/74415-jimmy-graham.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 10-01-2015 01:51 PM 2
Jimmy Graham This thread Refback 10-01-2015 01:34 PM 9


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts