Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by spkb25 bahahahahaha, first of all, drew got hurt in the tampa game. in the very first quarter, that was the only game he was throwing ducks. he was getting hit every frigan other play against tampa. then ...

Like Tree92Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2015, 01:55 AM   #51
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,438
Blog Entries: 2
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
bahahahahaha, first of all, drew got hurt in the tampa game. in the very first quarter, that was the only game he was throwing ducks. he was getting hit every frigan other play against tampa. then he sat for the panties game and then there was one other game against dallas. the line wasnt great in that game either. they have been terrible all year. the best game they had was the panties and dallas games, and they werent great in the cowboys game. you have been on your stupid agenda for weeks now. what gets old is your pathetic agenda. this was a post about rr, how the **** do you find a way to bring drew into it? because you have an agenda.
You need to grow the hell up, man. You lack basic perspective on anything I'm talking about to hold an argument, and then you act like a freaking punk on top of it.

I have no agenda. I have a point with facts to back it up. I'm not the only one who can see that Drew has been throwing ducks all year. The injury only made it worse. He was coming up short on passes against Arizona, and it he was doing a lot of that last year aswell.

How did I get on the topic of Drew? If you had followed any of the conversation, you would have known why. You started a thread about defense on a day when EVERYBODY sucked, and somebody wanted to complain about that and say that he was tired of people always blaming the defense. I defended YOUR POINT by saying there is no way you can make any excuses for this defense after that performance, and also that no one ever said the offense was blameless.

Which brought me to my points, where I called out Drew, the offensive line, and the fact that we only have two receivers who are worth anything. Fair enough, right? No, not for you apparently.

The only thing I agree with you (partially) on is that the O-line hasn't played well in any game. Their biggest problem is they can't run block at all. Strief's side is the one that can't pass block. But that's the point... McCown hadn't started a game in years, had to play behind a suspect O-line just like Drew, yet he made all the throws except for his very last pass. He got the ball out quick, which is one way that you mask line problems, and he stepped up in the pocket and bought time when things broke down. If he can do that, and Drew can't do any better then complete 50% of his passes when he isn't throwing 2 yard passes, then he is clearly a struggling QB.

I've been critical of anyone who has warranted criticism. I don't care if that's popular with you or anyone else. But I know for a fact I'm not in the minority.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 02:01 AM   #52
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,729
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Take the emotions out of it.

You can't ask RR to do any better than what he's doing with 6 rookies starting on defense.

Today we saw a 4th down stop midfield, and 2 INTs from the defense, on freaking consecutive defensive series. Points scored after those 3 series? 0.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 02:20 AM   #53
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,438
Blog Entries: 2
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
Take the emotions out of it.

You can't ask RR to do any better than what he's doing with 6 rookies starting on defense.

Today we saw a 4th down stop midfield, and 2 INTs from the defense, on freaking consecutive defensive series. Points scored after those 3 series? 0.
Sure they made those plays early on, and it was exciting considering we hadn't intercepted a pass all year, but it didn't change the fact that they were getting gashed. The fact that they went on to give up 39 points, kind of rendered the couple nice plays meaningless.

I thought Breaux played a lot better, and when Lewis was in there he looked alright. The problem is we give up almost everything right down the middle of the field. Rookies or no rookies, it shouldn't look that easy against us. Rob has a certain reputation that preceded these struggles the last two years. I can't give him a pass.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 03:32 AM   #54
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,955
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

^Lewis is still being limited?
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 04:09 AM   #55
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 4,301
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

While I don't think it's RR's fault that the D isn't delivering... I don't see any harm in shaking things up by replacing him with somebody else outside of the organization.

I'd love to see them replace some of the positional coaches as well, and whoever would come in should have complete freedom to choose his assistants.


If anything it would serve as getting a jump start on next year and give more time to implement a new defensive scheme while the offense struggles on the other side of the ball anyways.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 04:58 AM   #56
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 6,404
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
It's the scheme and coaching, not the players. This team has far more talent than any other year defensively yet they suck. Look to the coaching before you look to the players because every single player is playing the same and they all don't suck that bad; which leads to why coaching is the answer.
I agree fully. We have Byrd and a 24 year old Vaccaro ho is super talentend but not used right. Breux is raw but getting there. Lewis back helps.
I see improvement from the defence every week but its damn hard to play D when the offence turns the ball over three times giving the Eagles O good field position. It doesn't help when the newly signed punter shanks the ball giving the Eagles great field position.

What a lot of people here seems to forget is that football is a team game. Its never only the offence, defence or the special teams that is the problem. If one unit plays poorly it will have an impact on the others.
nutria likes this.

W.T. Sherman is my favorite General. After all he did order Atlanta to be burned to the ground.
Crusader is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 05:23 AM   #57
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,438
Blog Entries: 2
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Yes, it's a team game. 519 yards doesn't lie. The defense was bad from the start, as was the offense. I don't know how this could be considered an improving unit in anyone's eyes.
K Major and brees84 like this.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 05:31 AM   #58
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 6,404
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Yes, it's a team game. 519 yards doesn't lie. The defense was bad from the start, as was the offense. I don't know how this could be considered an improving unit in anyone's eyes.
I look at all the players individually, thats where there is improvement. I'm just waiting for it all to click.
Crusader is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 05:37 AM   #59
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,079
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post

How did I get on the topic of Drew? If you had followed any of the conversation, you would have known why. You started a thread about defense on a day when EVERYBODY sucked, and somebody wanted to complain about that and say that he was tired of people always blaming the defense.
So I started a post about the d on a day everyone sucked and you needed to complain because I didn't recognize everyone sucked? Let's see my original post

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Whole team sucks, but please, God, just fire that fat POS

I know he's ready to get weird and exotic, but I will take an old fashion boring d that just gets a stop once and a while
Yep, very first three words of my post "Whole team sucks" so you needed to make sure to let me know the whole team sucks by talking about Drew in a thread about RR because my thread didn't recognize the whole team sucked? Uh, yeahhhhhhhh, it is called your agenda.
spkb25 is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #60
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,473
Blog Entries: 1
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

On to the Atlanta game !
Rugby Saint II likes this.
K Major is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/74600-love-peat-fire-rr.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
For the love of Peat, FIRE RR This thread Refback 10-11-2015 04:57 PM 8
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 10-11-2015 04:14 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts