Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by spkb25 So I started a post about the d on a day everyone sucked and you needed to complain because I didn't recognize everyone sucked? Let's see my original post Yep, very first three words of my ...

Like Tree92Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #61
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,440
Blog Entries: 2
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
So I started a post about the d on a day everyone sucked and you needed to complain because I didn't recognize everyone sucked? Let's see my original post



Yep, very first three words of my post "Whole team sucks" so you needed to make sure to let me know the whole team sucks by talking about Drew in a thread about RR because my thread didn't recognize the whole team sucked? Uh, yeahhhhhhhh, it is called your agenda.
Wow... Do I really have to explain it again? You completely missed it, man.

I said somebody wanted to complain about blaming the defense all the time. I responded to THAT POSTER and got on the topic of Drew and the offense. I know precisely what you said in the original post, and I defended your point, as well as my own point of view on the subject.

Taking my words that are clearly written above and turning them around completely? Now that is an agenda.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 10:50 AM   #62
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,731
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
The fact that they went on to give up 39 points, kind of rendered the couple nice plays meaningless.
No. The offense scoring 0 points after those plays, is what rendered the "couple nice plays" meaningless.

The defense was on the field for way too long. When they made plays, the offense went 3 and out.
Rsanders24 and Budsdrinker like this.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 10:59 AM   #63
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,488
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
No. The offense scoring 0 points after those plays, is what rendered the "couple nice plays" meaningless.

The defense was on the field for way too long. When they made plays, the offense went 3 and out.
Yep, defense is on the field way too long and part of that is on the play calling on offense. I'm tired of watching us gain 4 yards on first down 3 on second and then instead of picking up the 3-4 yards needed to move the chains we try a 40 yard bomb and it's 3 and out and the defense is right back out on the field.
We need to have those 5-7 minute drives and give the defense a breathier.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #64
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,440
Blog Entries: 2
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
No. The offense scoring 0 points after those plays, is what rendered the "couple nice plays" meaningless.

The defense was on the field for way too long. When they made plays, the offense went 3 and out.
Again, not disputing that the offense was bad. I can make A FEW exceptions for the defense on that merit, but not enough to say that they were anything short of awful. We scored a touchdown early to go up 7 nothing. Didn't matter. They marched right down the field on us, and we were fortunate enough to get a couple turnovers. I'll give the individuals who made the interceptions (Breaux and Browner) credit for making the play when they were given the opportunity, but as a whole, the defense was bad all day.

All that said, the offense was just as bad. There's really nothing positive to report from this game. There was just no life, beyond a couple individual performances. There is such a thing as winning a low scoring game. If we go 3 and out, our defense has to force 3 and out's. That's how defenses hang in when their offense struggles. But this team simply isn't good enough in any phase to overcome itself.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #65
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,150
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Again, not disputing that the offense was bad. I can make A FEW exceptions for the defense on that merit, but not enough to say that they were anything short of awful. We scored a touchdown early to go up 7 nothing. Didn't matter. They marched right down the field on us, and we fortunate enough to get a couple turnovers. I'll give the individuals who made the interceptions (Breaux and Browner) credit for making the play when they were given the opportunity, but as a whole, the defense was bad all day.

All that said, the offense was just as bad. There's really nothing positive to report from this game. There was just no life, beyond a couple individual performances. There is such a thing as winning a low scoring game. If we go 3 and out, our defense has to force 3 and out's. That's how defenses hang in when their offense struggles. But this team simply isn't good enough in any phase to overcome itself.
What I'm seeing on defense is several great plays by numerous players, yet the sum of all the parts is actually worse than the whole. To me that points to coaching.

Yes we have a few holes, but not nearly enough to suck this bad.
Danno is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #66
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,440
Blog Entries: 2
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
What I'm seeing on defense is several great plays by numerous players, yet the sum of all the parts is actually worse than the whole. To me that points to coaching.

Yes we have a few holes, but not nearly enough to suck this bad.
Agreed. Though I probably wouldn't define a whole lot of plays as being great, I still think there should be enough talent to at least compete. We're getting destroyed on crossing routes and tight ends just sitting in the middle of the field. You'd think we would have figured out some type of personnel change to match up, schematically, with what teams are doing to us.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #67
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 3,206
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

The Defense is clearly not buying into RR and what he is selling. What's different this season is the Offense can't put up the big points to overcome it.
RailBoss is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #68
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,731
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Again, not disputing that the offense was bad. I can make A FEW exceptions for the defense on that merit, but not enough to say that they were anything short of awful. We scored a touchdown early to go up 7 nothing. Didn't matter.
Of course it didn't matter. It didn't matter because the offense scored a grand total of 3 points afterwards on countless 3 and outs, not to mention, turning the ball over 3 times.

And no, I am not going to count that meaningless 0-seconds left TD, because had it mattered, I am sure the Eagles D would've stopped it.

But ***** and moan all you want about the defense. All I know is, scoring 10 points a game in go-time and turning the ball over 3 times is not going to win a lot of games.

La neta es chida, pero inalcanzable
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 12:57 PM   #69
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,440
Blog Entries: 2
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
Of course it didn't matter. It didn't matter because the offense scored a grand total of 3 points afterwards on countless 3 and outs, not to mention, turning the ball over 3 times.

And no, I am not going to count that meaningless 0-seconds left TD, because had it mattered, I am sure the Eagles D would've stopped it.

But ***** and moan all you want about the defense. All I know is, scoring 10 points a game in go-time and turning the ball over 3 times is not going to win a lot of games.
I'm not *****ing and moaning. I'm giving a reasonable assessment of the ass kicking my team just took.

When we moved it early, our defense had no resistance other than touchdown saving interceptions on horribly thrown balls. When we had an entire half to rest and then got the ball first, drove down the field and kicked the game tying field goal, our defense came back out and didn't come close to stopping them. If we had moved the ball, our defense wouldn't have been on the field as much, I get that. That's obvious. But if the Saints forced a few 3 and out's, that also would prevent them from being on the field all day.

It goes both ways, and that's just the way it is. There's a lot of butthurt in here about people calling out the defense. We're calling out the offense, too. I'm sorry, but there aren't enough excuses in the world to make up for 519 yards. You can blame the players or you can blame the coaches, but either way it's unacceptable. I have a guy pissed at me in this same thread over calling out Drew Brees, even though I didn't single him out. Seems everybody has to have a scapegoat, and there can't be a consensus that the whole team is just terrible right now.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 10-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #70
DOMEPATROL
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jacksonville,Florida Due To Military Obligation
Posts: 480
Re: For the love of Peat, FIRE RR

This defense is worse than the offense...our o line is terrible but it's no excuse for this defense...if you told me 4 years ago that we can have Brandon Browner, Keenan Lewis and Jarius Byrd all on the field at the same time I'd be calling top 5 defense...it's a reason Dallas let him go and we were just in denial
DrewDat is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/74600-love-peat-fire-rr.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
For the love of Peat, FIRE RR This thread Refback 10-11-2015 04:57 PM 8
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 10-11-2015 04:14 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts