this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; i saw an article that made me ponder what if the 2004 draft could have a do-over with the knowledge of the past season? what might have happened for the saints? 1. san diego- Roy Williams WR, instead of a ...
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|02-19-2005, 02:09 AM||#1|
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: baton rouge
'04 Mulligan Draft
i saw an article that made me ponder what if the 2004 draft could have a do-over with the knowledge of the past season? what might have happened for the saints?
1. san diego- Roy Williams WR, instead of a bench warmer williams teamed with gates and tomlinson is a wowie
2. oakland- Ben Rothlisberger QB, he had a good supporting cast in pitt but his maturity, presence, and skill are now confirmed facts
3. arizona- Eli Manning QB, if he would have signed there, hehe
4. giants- Robert Gallery OT, even with a qb someone is gonna have to protect him
5. washington- Michael Clayton WR, what they still need, he is a player's player whether he dazzles at a combine or not
6. detroit- Dunta Robinson CB, roy wiliams was a big score but he is gone now, defensive player of the year might have actually helped this team more
7. cleveland- Phillip Rivers QB. one year ahead of where they are now.
8. atlanta- Sean Taylor S, legitimate big hitter with more db impact than hall. woulda if they coulda
9. jacksonville- Will Smith DE. needed sacks then and still need them today. big miss cuz they coulda
10. houston- Kellen Winslow TE, they scored with robinson but he is gone here, more targets needed for david carr
11. pittsburgh- DeAngelo Hall CB, they would be picking higher this year without big ben. the cb spot was and still is a weakness tho
12. jets- Jonathan Vilma LB, right player, right spot again, impressive rookie year
13. buffalo- Larry Fitzgerald WR, just cuz he probably still has more upside than evans
14. chicago- Lee Evans WR, they might have taken him if he would have still been on the board
15. tampa bay- Steven Jackson RB. they could have improved here butcha gotta givem credit for taking clayton for higher than some projected
16. philadelphia- Mewelde Moore RB, andrews was no more than servicable altho it was a position need. maybe Michael Boulware here too would have been better
17. denver- D.J. Williams LB, another just right player at the right spot, unfortunately to the saint's loss
18. new orleans- Teddy Lehman LB, will smith actually better but long gone as he should have been. lehman might have had more positional need impact. karlos dansby played some good lb too.
so things went well for n.o. as it turned out. as for others, the bolts would have been even better, oakland might have been respectable, the giants would have been rebuilding with a first rounder this year, no qb controversy in arz, cleveland might have been a different world,jags would have been better, steelers might have been no story or playoffs.