Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Cook i like over the others for one big reason. year in and year out when the chips are down he seems to always come through. I really like his mental toughness. MSU's Connor Cook wins Unitas award as top ...

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #11
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,978
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

Cook i like over the others for one big reason. year in and year out when the chips are down he seems to always come through. I really like his mental toughness.

MSU's Connor Cook wins Unitas award as top QB
Spartans' Connor Cook wins Johnny Unitas award as top QB


Michigan State RUMORS: Connor Cook Viewed As Third-Round Pick In 2016 NFL Draft

Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook is one of the most debated prospects in the upcoming 2016 NFL Draft, and one NFC Scout reportedly views him as a third-round pick and believes that he's an average starter in the league at best, according to Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Davis, and Lance Zierlein of College Football 24/7.

Prior to the start of the 2015 college football regular season, Cook was viewed as a top quarterback prospect for the NFL, and some analysts believed he would be the first pick in 2016. Scouts reportedly continue to argue over Cook and where he stands in the upcoming draft, but it's clear that he has fallen down draft boards across the league his senior year.

Cook has had a strong senior year in East Lansing, throwing for 2,921 yards with 24 touchdowns to 5 interceptions. The Spartans quarterback led his team to a Big Ten Championship and a spot in the College Football Playoff. Scouts continue to question Cook's accuracy, as he has dropped in completion percentage his senior season. Cook had a 56.9 completion percentage this season, and against Iowa in the Big Ten Championship game, he completed 50 percent of his passes and failed to throw a touchdown.
Michigan State RUMORS: Connor Cook Viewed As Third-Round Pick In 2016 NFL Draft : Sports : Headlines & Global News

Remember MSU is one of the leaders in dropped passes I know in 2014 they had 66 drops and I think it would be safe to say they are in that category yet again. He comes out of a pro system unlike the others where you are dealing with a spread offense and inflated states. Big ten is old school smash mouth defense and he faced and beat some of the better defenses in the NCAA.

Sitting and learning from Drew and SP would be huge for the kid. besides I would think his perfect match is Cleveland. I have a hard time seeing the other kids surviving Cleavland if playoffs is your goal. Cleveland in Dec and Jan with those lake winds are a killer..

If by chance he is on the board in the third you gotta take him as if lmao
SloMotion likes this.

"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins
hagan714 is online now  
Old 12-10-2015, 01:51 PM   #12
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,372
Re: Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

We need to let Grayson play some this year and decide if he's the future. Pull Drew before he gets hurt and spends all off season in rehab. By the end of the year we should have a much better feel for the QB position.
hagan714 likes this.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 12-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: on the road - now based in Oakland
Posts: 365
Re: Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

Who is the best QB annalist... that is who we need to hire first.
hagan714 likes this.
exiled is offline  
Old 12-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,490
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

Why would we draft a QB?
Danno likes this.
NOLA54 is offline  
Old 12-10-2015, 11:00 PM   #15
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,524
Re: Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

Originally Posted by VegasSaint9 View Post
Im honestly not sure but I think we may draft a QB with our first round pick if Brees gets cut/traded for whatever reason
I wouldnt see any other option if Brees is gone. You have to draft one then. extend Brees' contract and get a star receiver in the first. 2017 draft class should be better. Call me crazy but I really like Chad Kelly. Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

Well I suppose we could use Luke for a year or two while Grayson develops. Hell even Matt Flynn could be good in the right offense. He was money when Rodgers went down a couple years back. Dont really think he is someone you want to make your franchise guy
hagan714 likes this.
The Dude is offline  
Old 12-11-2015, 06:49 AM   #16
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,776
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
... Dont really think he is someone you want to make your franchise guy
Agree. I'm not knocking Flynn, but at best, he's a backup QB ... guy gets more mileage outta' one good performance vs the Lions (480yds/6TD's) than anyone I've ever seen, .
hagan714 likes this.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 12-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #17
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,978
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
We need to let Grayson play some this year and decide if he's the future. Pull Drew before he gets hurt and spends all off season in rehab. By the end of the year we should have a much better feel for the QB position.
so throw in the towel and tank the rest of the season in order to see what we have going into the 2016 off season?

not saying it would be a bad idea

lets see feel that one out after tampa

But, rest Drew up to slap the falcons at the end the season. A plus side for the saints nation would be a must.
hagan714 is online now  
Old 12-11-2015, 08:47 AM   #18
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 3,268
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

Why do people keep repeatedly thinking, or asking, that Brees is somehow going to sit? Do we have posters in Alaska, Colorado, Oregon and Washington, cough cough? Are ya'll imbibing too much holiday eggnog?

There is NO WAY that Drew will be "resting up" so we can "see what Grayson" or any other QB in the universe has. That's what the PRESEASON is for. There are four of those games NEXT YEAR.

Don't forget, people pay money to see these games. People hold these things called SEASON TICKETS that cost money, and the people who pay for those, buy other stuff like beers and nachos and jerseys and whatever else. They are PAYING TO SEE BREES. Benson is paying the guy wearing #9 to play, and paying the guy wearing the visor $8 million a year, to coach him. All the way down to Benson paying the guy who paints the white lines on the field, they are paying him to paint them there, so that DREW BREES can play on them...

Resting the starters if you've locked up the division is one thing, especially in a road game (like Carolina in 2009), but resting Drew is NOT HAPPENING. Not unless he gets HURT.

And even then, who is it we're talking about here? Drew "never let your backup see the field" Brees, who played most of a whole season one year with a sprained MCL, that was later revealed to be way worse than anybody knew!

Again -- Grayson or Flynn or Billy Joe or Billy Kilmer or anybody else -- is simply NOT GOING TO BE HAPPENING until August of next year, unless Brees somehow gets hurt.
Danno and CharityMike like this.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 12-11-2015, 12:08 PM   #19
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,372
Re: Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
Why do people keep repeatedly thinking, or asking, that Brees is somehow going to sit? Do we have posters in Alaska, Colorado, Oregon and Washington, cough cough? Are ya'll imbibing too much holiday eggnog?

There is NO WAY that Drew will be "resting up" so we can "see what Grayson" or any other QB in the universe has. That's what the PRESEASON is for. There are four of those games NEXT YEAR.

Don't forget, people pay money to see these games. People hold these things called SEASON TICKETS that cost money, and the people who pay for those, buy other stuff like beers and nachos and jerseys and whatever else. They are PAYING TO SEE BREES. Benson is paying the guy wearing #9 to play, and paying the guy wearing the visor $8 million a year, to coach him. All the way down to Benson paying the guy who paints the white lines on the field, they are paying him to paint them there, so that DREW BREES can play on them...

Resting the starters if you've locked up the division is one thing, especially in a road game (like Carolina in 2009), but resting Drew is NOT HAPPENING. Not unless he gets HURT.

And even then, who is it we're talking about here? Drew "never let your backup see the field" Brees, who played most of a whole season one year with a sprained MCL, that was later revealed to be way worse than anybody knew!

Again -- Grayson or Flynn or Billy Joe or Billy Kilmer or anybody else -- is simply NOT GOING TO BE HAPPENING until August of next year, unless Brees somehow gets hurt.


If we leave Drew out there with this O-line and he may very well spend all off season in rehab. Oh, and I know Drew never wants his backup to see the field but he also needs to understand that he is the future and we don't want him hurt.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 12-11-2015, 05:30 PM   #20
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,511
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft?

And with their third round selection the New Orleans Saints select...

'Quarterback Kevin Hogan, Stanford'

He might be there in the early fourth round, but the heart (and arm) he showed in beating Notre Dame...

...well, he may just be our guy.
Barry from MS likes this.

Last edited by jeanpierre; 12-12-2015 at 03:36 AM..
jeanpierre is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/75714-who-best-quarterback-you-think-will-available-2016-nfl-draft.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-10-2015 07:46 AM 1
Who is the best quarterback that you think will be available in the 2016 NFL Draft? This thread Refback 12-09-2015 11:06 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts