Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: Who starts now at QB for the Saints?
SP... he used to QB at one time. 2 3.85%
Drew Brees... he's getting paid lots and he's a tough guy! 11 21.15%
Trade for RG3! 2 3.85%
Play the youngster, Garrett Grayson, and see what he can do. 25 48.08%
Matt Flynn... let him earn his check for once. 8 15.38%
Stick Browner at QB and see how long he lasts behind that line! 6 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Flynn the human, not Flynn the cat will probably start, although I think GG should start, unless he is really, really not ready. But Flynn, he's been a back up for a long time for a reason,,,,,,because he is a ...

Like Tree56Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2015, 10:49 PM   #21
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 489
Re: Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

Flynn the human, not Flynn the cat will probably start, although I think GG should start, unless he is really, really not ready. But Flynn, he's been a back up for a long time for a reason,,,,,,because he is a backup and thats all he will ever be.
foreverfan and SloMotion like this.
bobdog86 is offline  
Old 12-23-2015, 11:02 PM   #22
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 51
Re: Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

They should go with the rook to see what he's got. What does he have to lose? If anything, he'll gain experience. FTW!! Goofy Garrett Grayson=Triple G 😄

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk
bobdog86 likes this.
ctsaint01 is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 04:53 AM   #23
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,776
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

Originally Posted by bobdog86 View Post
Flynn the human, not Flynn the cat will probably start, although I think GG should start, unless he is really, really not ready. But Flynn, he's been a back up for a long time for a reason,,,,,,because he is a backup and thats all he will ever be.
If he ain't ready, he ain't ready, I guess, and I'll defer to the coaching staff's better judgement ... but man, GG better come out like Aaron Rodgers (as was pointed out) when he does get his chance, the way they're keeping him off the field ... he's getting plenty of prep time as an understudy to one of the games finest, .
SmashMouth and bobdog86 like this.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #24
Hu Dat!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,406
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

May the force be with us.

neugey is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,755
Re: Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

For people saying don't start Grayson if he's not ready here's my take: if he's a p***y and can't handle potentially playing poorly for two games then I don't want him here anyway. He's going to suck if he starts, so why not see if the kid has some toughness to him.
ctsaint01 likes this.
ChrisXVI is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #26
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,556
Re: Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

1. Aaron Brooks
2. Brett Favre
3. Troy Smith
rezburna is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,255
Re: Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
If he ain't ready, he ain't ready, I guess, and I'll defer to the coaching staff's better judgement ... but man, GG better come out like Aaron Rodgers (as was pointed out) when he does get his chance, the way they're keeping him off the field ... he's getting plenty of prep time as an understudy to one of the games finest, .
This line of logic doesn't make sense.

You use one example that has no basis being used and suddenly that is how you groom QBs...

Who is to say that Rodgers couldn't have come out his rookie year and done just as well? How do you know that he actually gained anything sitting behind #4?

You can use that one example, but it can be countered with examples like Luck and manning ect...

Greyson should start and if he doesn't it's just another poor/stupid decision by an out of control coaching staff.
blackangold is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 04:53 PM   #28
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,776
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
This line of logic doesn't make sense.

You use one example that has no basis being used and suddenly that is how you groom QBs...

Who is to say that Rodgers couldn't have come out his rookie year and done just as well? How do you know that he actually gained anything sitting behind #4?

You can use that one example, but it can be countered with examples like Luck and manning ect...

Greyson should start and if he doesn't it's just another poor/stupid decision by an out of control coaching staff.
Are you intentionally trying to confuse me? . Not sure what your point is, but I think you're reading way too much into my post, brah ... I just think they should look at the kid (GG), but if the coaching staff feels he's not ready, they're closer to the situation and I defer because there's nothing else you can do as a fan.

Didn't say anything about how to groom QB's, it was pointed out that Rodgers was kept off the field and maybe that's what's being done with GG & just feel if the coaching staff doesn't want to follow my advice and play him because they feel he's still being developed, when they finally do feel he's ready, all this developing behind Brees should have benefited him like it did with Rodgers behind Favre ... and Rodgers has stated those years holding the clipboard for Favre were invaluable to his development, #shrug.

As for Luck & Manning, those guys started out the gate because they were ready, and I'm not clear on what we're countering here, #shrug. Is GG at the level Luck/Manning were coming out of college? Somebody doesn't think so.

Does that clear anything up for you? Maybe if you went back and read some of my previous posts you'd see I want Grayson to start, .
SloMotion is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,977
Re: Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
For people saying don't start Grayson if he's not ready here's my take: if he's a p***y and can't handle potentially playing poorly for two games then I don't want him here anyway. He's going to suck if he starts, so why not see if the kid has some toughness to him.
This is exactly my point. Does anyone remember the Brodie Croyle experiment in KC? It ended up being a disaster for that team.
ChrisXVI and ctsaint01 like this.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #30
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,161
Re: Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints?

Originally Posted by neugey View Post
My cat's name is Flynn. We're 5-9. Case closed, start the cat!

He looks like a running cat! We need a pocket cat!
SloMotion likes this.
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/75921-who-starts-now-qb-saints.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest Matt Flynn News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-23-2015 11:17 AM 1
Who Starts Now at QB for the Saints? This thread Refback 12-23-2015 01:04 AM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts