Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Looks like Spiller will be back

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Spiller last year, he basically ended up being almost the same exact performance stats as Pierre Thomas' last year contributing as a Saint, but for waaaaay more money than PT ever cost....

Like Tree14Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #21
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 3,329
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Looks like Spiller will be back

Spiller last year, he basically ended up being almost the same exact performance stats as Pierre Thomas' last year contributing as a Saint, but for waaaaay more money than PT ever cost.
SaintsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,021
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Looks like Spiller will be back

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Consider source of the rumblings at the end of the season. They are paid to produce words. Fact or insight is not a requirement.
I wasn't defending the source. Simply pointing out the fact that it was reported. Yes, there are false reports out there, but there are also legitimate reports. And until it is proven as nothing more than a rumor, we can only speculate. Now we're being told he's probably staying. Do you have any proof that this information is reliable?

Geez, why do we have voices or fingers to type with, if we're all dumb, and all reporters are liars. I guess there's no point in being a fan. We know nothing, because we ARE nothing... Or am I reading too much into your words?

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #23
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,013
Re: Looks like Spiller will be back

Originally Posted by 44Champs View Post
Lots of people here think he's a bust and that he should be released. It's a topic worthy of discussion. I never understand why people question threads on a forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
No, this is not a worthy thread. We don't need to cut someone that will cost us another 4 million in dead money! It would only free up roughy 500K. Who the crap u gunna get with his skill set for 500K? Ill tell you, NO ONE.
voodooido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:41 PM   #24
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,002
Re: Looks like Spiller will be back

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
I don't know if you've noticed, but it's the year 2016 now. There isn't much that ISN'T videotaped for us to see. But why go on youtube and watch video when you can watch all of the live telecasts that are available to us in this age? So you're telling me that what happens in practice, that I might not see, is completely different from what is happening on the field?

You seem hell bent on convincing yourself that we're all a bunch of morons, as fans. Do you get a kick out of someone telling you you're dumb or something? This is not rocket science, it's football. Who cares that they have medical records and we don't? Did they not have medical records of Jairus Byrd before giving him over 50 million dollars?

You're not helping your case with that one. You can have access to everything the world can give you, and it makes no difference if you don't know what to do with it. I'm calling out Mickey Loomis, as I simply think he's a lackluster GM. People get fired in this business all the time. So unless you have a better defense for him other than saying he's paid to do it, and we're not, then I will stand by my statements.
So. You are telling me that you have access to all video from the team resources?

YouTube? Get real. Every practice snap is not available on youtube. That is total bull****. And, yes, what happens in practice has little to no relevance to what happens in game play. There are far too many factors that cannot be taken into consideration. Ten other players can greatly affect the performance of the eleventh in an uncontrolled environment.

And, no, I am not hell bent on proving that most fans are morons. We simply do not have the resources to attempt informed analysis. No, it is not rocket science. But it is not so very far removed with respect to experience and training. Without the inside information, or at least the professional discipline closely related, it is foolish to think one would have anywhere near the insight to analyse the intricacies of the business.

Loomis does not need my defense. He is respected throughout the league by his expertise.

On that note, please continue to share your opinions. Just understand that to you and you alone, or Joe Shmoe alone in his case, should be accepted as more than background noise at this point of the NFL schedule.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #25
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,002
Re: Looks like Spiller will be back

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
I wasn't defending the source. Simply pointing out the fact that it was reported. Yes, there are false reports out there, but there are also legitimate reports. And until it is proven as nothing more than a rumor, we can only speculate. Now we're being told he's probably staying. Do you have any proof that this information is reliable?

Geez, why do we have voices or fingers to type with, if we're all dumb, and all reporters are liars. I guess there's no point in being a fan. We know nothing, because we ARE nothing... Or am I reading too much into your words?
No. I think you nailed it on the head. As fans we are nothing. No "information" is reliable unless it is stamped as an official NFL transaction.

Yes, we have fingers, and eyes, and voices, and irrational thoughts. I spent ten years working in the sports media arena. In this case I know what I am talking about. There are as more idiots clacking away at computer keys and pontificating on the air percentage wise as there are fans reading their sewage.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #26
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,021
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Looks like Spiller will be back

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
So. You are telling me that you have access to all video from the team resources?

YouTube? Get real. Every practice snap is not available on youtube. That is total bull****. And, yes, what happens in practice has little to no relevance to what happens in game play. There are far too many factors that cannot be taken into consideration. Ten other players can greatly affect the performance of the eleventh in an uncontrolled environment.

And, no, I am not hell bent on proving that most fans are morons. We simply do not have the resources to attempt informed analysis. No, it is not rocket science. But it is not so very far removed with respect to experience and training. Without the inside information, or at least the professional discipline closely related, it is foolish to think one would have anywhere near the insight to analyse the intricacies of the business.

Loomis does not need my defense. He is respected throughout the league by his expertise.

On that note, please continue to share your opinions. Just understand that to you and you alone, or Joe Shmoe alone in his case, should be accepted as more than background noise at this point of the NFL schedule.
You aren't even trying at this point. I, at no point, said every practice snap was available on youtube. I only briefly mentioned practice as being the one thing I "might not see". And I mentioned youtube sarcastically, as your favorite thing to say is "they have access to all the game film". The point was that you don't need to look it up. All the games are on TV. I can see it live. Yes, I have access to any film I want, if I want it.

What, do you think the film they have will look different because they can stop it and draw pictures in the middle of it? Be real, man.

I don't know all of the details that go on, and I don't claim to. I'm not in on the meetings. Similarly, I don't sit in on the governor's meetings, yet I can tell you that his idea of cutting the LSU football program because of the state deficit is the most idiotic thing I have heard in a long time. My point here is very simple. Just because I don't know all the details, doesn't mean that I can't see the difference between a good GM, an average GM, and a bad GM.

You say Loomis is respected throughout the league for his expertise. Who told you that? Because you don't hear his counterparts publicly bashing him (because that's so common, right), you assume that everyone respects him?

You're all caught up in the "intricacies", as if we are debating the inner workings of a computer hard-drive. We see the same numbers you do. Yet what we read is all "unreliable", but you apparently have the goods.

Right.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,021
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Looks like Spiller will be back

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
No. I think you nailed it on the head. As fans we are nothing. No "information" is reliable unless it is stamped as an official NFL transaction.

Yes, we have fingers, and eyes, and voices, and irrational thoughts. I spent ten years working in the sports media arena. In this case I know what I am talking about. There are as more idiots clacking away at computer keys and pontificating on the air percentage wise as there are fans reading their sewage.
And you are assuming that all of us are in that same "percentage". That's your problem. You think YOU are the enlightened one. I'm all for a good argument, here and there, but what you do is beyond that. You come in here like a seagull, crapping all over everyone's head, and just trying your best to irritate people with your pretentious claims of superiority. "I spent ten years working in the sports media arena"... So what? I have worked zero years in any media, and I can tell you exactly what you told me. What does that have to do with calling out a GM for over paying players, and pushing back cap problems?

You've given nothing of any substance. You continue to say that we know nothing, but you can't tell me why I'm wrong. Only that (in your opinion) he is respected, and that we don't know the intricacies.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:38 PM   #28
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,002
Re: Looks like Spiller will be back

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
And you are assuming that all of us are in that same "percentage". That's your problem. You think YOU are the enlightened one. I'm all for a good argument, here and there, but what you do is beyond that. You come in here like a seagull, crapping all over everyone's head, and just trying your best to irritate people with your pretentious claims of superiority. "I spent ten years working in the sports media arena"... So what? I have worked zero years in any media, and I can tell you exactly what you told me. What does that have to do with calling out a GM for over paying players, and pushing back cap problems?

You've given nothing of any substance. You continue to say that we know nothing, but you can't tell me why I'm wrong. Only that (in your opinion) he is respected, and that we don't know the intricacies.
Where did I ever state that you were wrong, per say? I have simply stated that you are making your declarations by basing them on absolute fluff. I said that you are basing your opinions on totally unreliable information. I gave my absolute reasoning behind why I know the basis of your opinions are meaningless. By no means is that a reflection upon your personal intellect or education.

Perhaps we can have the opportunity to meet face to face and discuss these topics. I seriously feel I would enjoy that. Alcohol, food and music required.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:50 PM   #29
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,002
Re: Looks like Spiller will be back

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
You aren't even trying at this point. I, at no point, said every practice snap was available on youtube. I only briefly mentioned practice as being the one thing I "might not see". And I mentioned youtube sarcastically, as your favorite thing to say is "they have access to all the game film". The point was that you don't need to look it up. All the games are on TV. I can see it live. Yes, I have access to any film I want, if I want it.

What, do you think the film they have will look different because they can stop it and draw pictures in the middle of it? Be real, man.

I don't know all of the details that go on, and I don't claim to. I'm not in on the meetings. Similarly, I don't sit in on the governor's meetings, yet I can tell you that his idea of cutting the LSU football program because of the state deficit is the most idiotic thing I have heard in a long time. My point here is very simple. Just because I don't know all the details, doesn't mean that I can't see the difference between a good GM, an average GM, and a bad GM.

You say Loomis is respected throughout the league for his expertise. Who told you that? Because you don't hear his counterparts publicly bashing him (because that's so common, right), you assume that everyone respects him?

You're all caught up in the "intricacies", as if we are debating the inner workings of a computer hard-drive. We see the same numbers you do. Yet what we read is all "unreliable", but you apparently have the goods.

Right.
No. I am saying that numbers mean more to an individual that is trained to understand the intricacies involved. No, we are not discussing a computer. We are discussing accounting and finance which involves a different, yet comparable degree of insight as that of computer science.

As an aside, which I am quite sure will piss you off, I also have 25 years experience as a computer systems analyst.

I guess you can say I do have a few "goods".

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,021
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Looks like Spiller will be back

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Where did I ever state that you were wrong, per say? I have simply stated that you are making your declarations by basing them on absolute fluff. I said that you are basing your opinions on totally unreliable information. I gave my absolute reasoning behind why I know the basis of your opinions are meaningless. By no means is that a reflection upon your personal intellect or education.

Perhaps we can have the opportunity to meet face to face and discuss these topics. I seriously feel I would enjoy that. Alcohol, food and music required.
When you tell someone they don't know what they are talking about, in so many words, that's pretty clear that you think I'm wrong. You don't have to spell it out.

You claim to "know" why the basis of my opinions are meaningless. But you still don't get it.... I don't base it off of something some random media guy had to say.

The Saints are always way over the cap going into the off-season, and have to make so many moves just to get under. But they don't do much of anything to improve the team, and often do NOTHING to improve, because they don't have the money. This isn't college where you recruit. Getting players in this league is all about having the money. You don't even have to go after someone like a Von Miller. Just spread it out more evenly with solid players. I must have said this four or five different times over the last day. All Loomis does push back problems. You say he's accounting for the cap increase, which is what I hear every year, but every year is the same. I know what he THINKS he's trying to do. I'm a lot smarter than you realize. But the fact is he's not doing a good job.

You think that I have to be an accountant to understand. But you are refusing to acknowledge my point, over and over. I'm not breaking down the nuts and bolts of the deal, I'm discussing the results. I've used numerous analogies to get this point across. It doesn't matter what is discussed behind doors, I can still see when mistakes are made. The results speak for themselves. He doesn't deserve any credit for any good decisions, if you expect me to believe that none of the bad is on him. Because you're basically telling me that Loomis has no say at all. You are basing your opinion of him being a yes man on "fluff", buddy.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/76819-looks-like-spiller-will-back.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-18-2016 06:58 PM 10


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts