Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by jeanpierre SJB? Stanley Jean Baptiste, the cornhusker that tried to pass himself off as a cornerback? He might be thinking Seantavius Jones....

Like Tree28Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2016, 10:27 PM   #31
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 12,245
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
SJB? Stanley Jean Baptiste, the cornhusker that tried to pass himself off as a cornerback?
He might be thinking Seantavius Jones.
saintfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:02 PM   #32
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,413
Re: Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

How big is his HEART?
foreverfan likes this.

Last edited by QBREES9; 04-10-2016 at 01:16 PM..
QBREES9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:13 AM   #33
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,989
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

Laquon Treadwell is a physical player with hearts desire. Dude wants the ball so he goes and gets the ball. He is built to take and dish out a pounding.

This is a tad bit slower than I expected, I thought just under 4.6 but what the heck he did not run like a TE. Never really saw him ever run away from any one in college really.

He will be there at 12 by all odds and trading beck a few spot and still getting Treadwell, looks safer than it did before the 40.

So running this 4.6+ maybe the best thing to happen for the saints. If he is the player the saints want

Trade back risk the player and pocket a draft pick? sure. odds are
jeanpierre likes this.

"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins
hagan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #34
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 4,191
Re: Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

WE ARE NOT TAKING THREADWELL PEOPLE, NOT EVEN IN SPECULATION.
we are going O-LINE........ PERIOD
foreverfan likes this.
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:10 AM   #35
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,518
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
WE ARE NOT TAKING THREADWELL PEOPLE, NOT EVEN IN SPECULATION.
we are going D-LINE........ PERIOD
FIFY .
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #36
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,609
Re: Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
Colston was listed as a TE/WR project much different than Treadwell who's being talked up as the #1 WR in this class
Not sure what your point is. All I'm saying is that I dont care what his 40 yard time is. You dont have to be a burner to be a #1WR. Colston wasnt. That being said, I'd rather we go defense at 12, but I wouldnt be disappointed if we used the pick for Treadwell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
jeanpierre likes this.
44Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:15 PM   #37
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 3,452
Re: Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
SJB? Stanley Jean Baptiste, the cornhusker that tried to pass himself off as a cornerback?
Hahaha! Yeah! He first tried to pass himself off as a receiver back in his college days. A beautiful "project" we wasted a second round pick on because he was the right size. I can't help but think of him any time someone says a WR or DB is the right size.

Picking Treadwell does not excite me in the least because there are about twelve other bigger guys we need much worse.
Seer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:22 PM   #38
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 3,452
Re: Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
SJB? Stanley Jean Baptiste, the cornhusker that tried to pass himself off as a cornerback?
Hahaha! Yeah! He first tried to pass himself off as a receiver back in his college days. A beautiful "project" we wasted a second round pick on because he was the right size. I can't help but think of him any time someone says a WR or DB is the right size.

Picking Treadwell does not excite me in the least because there are about twelve other bigger guys we need much worse.
RaginCajun83 likes this.
Seer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #39
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,172
Re: Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
Hahaha! Yeah! He first tried to pass himself off as a receiver back in his college days. A beautiful "project" we wasted a second round pick on because he was the right size. I can't help but think of him any time someone says a WR or DB is the right size.

Picking Treadwell does not excite me in the least because there are about twelve other bigger guys we need much worse.
What? He didn't try to "pass himself off" as a WR.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #40
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,556
Re: Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh!

I'm thinking about Emmanuel Ogbah in the 1st. I wouldn't be upset with Treadwell. I really like William Jackson too. Hopefully we could trade back and get them both.
hagan714 likes this.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/77376-laquon-treadwell-pro-day-4-63-40-ugh.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-28-2016 03:41 PM 6
Laquon Treadwell pro day... 4.63 40? Ugh! This thread Refback 03-28-2016 03:22 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts