Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by blackangold So power was taken away from him after he put up the 32nd ranked D in 2014, then comes out in 2015 with a ton of disorganization and poor play. How are we shocked power was ...

Like Tree36Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2016, 10:09 PM   #21
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,715
Re: Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
So power was taken away from him after he put up the 32nd ranked D in 2014, then comes out in 2015 with a ton of disorganization and poor play. How are we shocked power was taken away from him?

Ryan is only in the NFL because of his last name, he is a joke, and the only person even slightly interested in him happened to be his brother lol.... GTFO
No. He said the power was taken away from him after his first year when we had the number 4-5 defense. They had to let a bunch of veterans go to free up space for the salary cap. He does kind of have a point.

There has been something lacking in the team culture for a few years now and it's not all Rob Ryan's fault. Like I said in another post an unusually high number of ex players have spoken negativity about the Saints after leaving. We have let tons of players go for all types of reasons and never in the history of the franchise do I remember so much talk from ex players. I'm not even counting Browner and Junior. Where there is smoke there is fire.

"Where life had no value, death, sometimes, had its price. That is why the bounty killers appeared."
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:53 PM   #22
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,831
Re: Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
No. He said the power was taken away from him after his first year when we had the number 4-5 defense. They had to let a bunch of veterans go to free up space for the salary cap. He does kind of have a point.

There has been something lacking in the team culture for a few years now and it's not all Rob Ryan's fault. Like I said in another post an unusually high number of ex players have spoken negativity about the Saints after leaving. We have let tons of players go for all types of reasons and never in the history of the franchise do I remember so much talk from ex players. I'm not even counting Browner and Junior. Where there is smoke there is fire.
Who has spoke badly?
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:58 PM   #23
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 23,402
Re: Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

He's gone, is this over yet.
QBREES9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #24
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 15,872
Blog Entries: 68
Re: Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

ok this is why Hicks was traded for a sack of beans,
jeanpierre likes this.
hagan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #25
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 17,709
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
ok this is why Hicks was traded for a sack of beans,
Square peg, round hole...didn't fit the scheme change...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:01 AM   #26
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,715
Re: Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Who has spoke badly?
Jimmy, Sproles (or his wife), Stills, Hicks, and one or two others. I don't count Jr and Browner because they are classless douche bags. I can't remember one Saint ever saying anything negative about the organization before this. Maybe joe horn.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:18 AM   #27
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,715
Re: Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Square peg, round hole...didn't fit the scheme change...
I think there was more to it than that. I remember something about his attitude.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #28
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 843
Re: Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Jimmy, Sproles (or his wife), Stills, Hicks, and one or two others. I don't count Jr and Browner because they are classless douche bags. I can't remember one Saint ever saying anything negative about the organization before this. Maybe joe horn.
I don't recall Stills saying anything. Jimmy had an atitude before he left the Saints. He didn't like being classified as a tightend. Hicks rans his mouth to the media about playing DE which is probably why he was traded. He ran his mouth long before he left the Saints. As far as Sproles wife, that pretty much is self-explanatory. Sproles himself has said he's at peace with it and even still keeps in touch with some of the Saints' players. Humber was cut and he hasn't said one thing aboutt the Saints, one way or the other. Hawthrone was cut, he hasn't said one bad thing about the Saints. Watson wasn't re-signed and he's had nothing but good things to say about the Saints. It all sounds like sour grapes to me. Consider the source.
NonieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #29
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,005
Re: Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

Curtis Loftin has had nothing but good to say about the Saints since he left. In fact, he still lives in New Orleans.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #30
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,715
Re: Akiem Hicks backs Rob Ryan, says Ryan’s power was stripped

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Curtis Loftin has had nothing but good to say about the Saints since he left. In fact, he still lives in New Orleans.
Same with Vilma. Not all players, just more than I've ever seen.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/78211-akiem-hicks-backs-rob-ryan-says-ryan-s-power-stripped.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-02-2016 12:47 AM 4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts