Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by CheramieIII NO PLAYER IS WORTH 25 MILLION A YEAR TO PLAY FOOTBALL! Says who?...

Like Tree38Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2016, 12:17 PM   #11
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,079
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by CheramieIII View Post
NO PLAYER IS WORTH 25 MILLION A YEAR TO PLAY FOOTBALL!
Says who?
AsylumGuido likes this.
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,312
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by CheramieIII View Post
Look I didn't say Brees didn't do anything for the Saints or the city. I'm saying that the Saints don't have the money, period. That Drew needs to recognize what we really did for him. If we hadn't sign him NO ONE ELSE WOULD HAVE and you think that wasn't a lot?

I think it's time for Drew to consider taking a lower salary, NO PLAYER IS WORTH 25 MILLION A YEAR TO PLAY FOOTBALL!

and if the Broncos want to pay that then let them have at it. I'm not going to worry about 10 years from now when we need to worry about today and the Saints current situation.
Where in the hell did you get the idea that the Saints don't have the money? Are you basing that on rambling by some members here that do not have a clue? It is not based at all upon fact. After this season the Saints can afford to pay Brees as much as the market bears. Easily!

And if we wouldn't have signed him he most definitely would have signed elsewhere,and maybe for even more than the lowball figure we signed him at.

And where do you come up with the statement that no player is worth $25 million a years to play football? The NFL has revenues approaching $10 BILLION per year and that number keeps rapidly climbing while the rosters stay frozen at 53 players. The average value of an NFL franchise tops a BILLION dollars! Top fashion models get paid $25 million per year. Top actors regularly bring in $100 million per year. Top CEO's can make $50-$100 million per year. What you personally feel a football player is worth is totally meaningless. If an NFL team is ready and willing to pay that amount then that is what that player is worth. Believing anything different is living in a fantasy world.

And I AM thinking about today. Today the only chance the Saints have of being winners is with Brees under center. We are finally clearing the slate clean, so we can hopefully not throw more money away on BAD personnel moves and stick to the best personnel move in the history of the franchise, the acquisition and retention of Drew Brees!
spkb25 and The Dude like this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:23 PM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,312
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Says who?
Exactly!
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:24 PM   #14
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,521
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by CheramieIII View Post
Look I didn't say Brees didn't do anything for the Saints or the city. I'm saying that the Saints don't have the money, period. That Drew needs to recognize what we really did for him. If we hadn't sign him NO ONE ELSE WOULD HAVE and you think that wasn't a lot?

I think it's time for Drew to consider taking a lower salary, NO PLAYER IS WORTH 25 MILLION A YEAR TO PLAY FOOTBALL!

and if the Broncos want to pay that then let them have at it. I'm not going to worry about 10 years from now when we need to worry about today and the Saints current situation.
Why on earth does it matter to you how much he gets paid? It's not your money. If he gets a new deal it will be front loaded and cap friendly, plus the cap goes up next year AND a lot of the dead money we have now will be done with.
It has no effect on the teams ability to sign players in the future.
You take this way too personal, but I am sure you would walk up to your boss and say "hey boss, I know I am worth more but I would like to take a pay cut or forgo my next raise for the good of the company. I think you are paying too much out of pocket for my salary"
AsylumGuido likes this.

"Dreams do not come true without A LOT of failure" Walt Disney"
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,312
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Why on earth does it matter to you how much he gets paid? It's not your money. If he gets a new deal it will be front loaded and cap friendly, plus the cap goes up next year AND a lot of the dead money we have now will be done with.
It has no effect on the teams ability to sign players in the future.
You take this way too personal, but I am sure you would walk up to your boss and say "hey boss, I know I am worth more but I would like to take a pay cut or forgo my next raise for the good of the company. I think you are paying too much out of pocket for my salary"
This seems obvious to most, but our friend here is one of the irrational few that cannot accept reality.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:31 PM   #16
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,355
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

RJ Harris looks like he has the early lead for the fifth receiver position.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:40 PM   #17
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,521
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
RJ Harris looks like he has the early lead for the fifth receiver position.
The human head weighs 8 lbs.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:26 PM   #18
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,979
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Says who?
Says me and remember opinions are objective and everyone has one.
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:27 PM   #19
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,979
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
This seems obvious to most, but our friend here is one of the irrational few that cannot accept reality.
Reality. come on Guido you've been out there a few times yourself and like I said everyone has their own opinion.
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #20
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,979
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Sorry guys I was looking at some screwed up calculation for 2017 and 2018. I found Smash's post from Sportrac. I stand corrected on that one but still believe no one is worth 25 million to play football.
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/78246-notes-observations-thursday-s-organized-team-activity.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest R.J. Harris News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-08-2016 11:23 PM 2
The Latest Michael Thomas News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-04-2016 08:50 PM 1
The Latest Craig Robertson News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-04-2016 07:37 PM 2
Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity This thread Refback 06-04-2016 07:19 AM 4
The Latest NFL News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-04-2016 07:10 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts