Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by CheramieIII But this site is for Saints football and salaries are part of that. Of course salaries are part of it. But they are a given, a piece of negotiated fact based upon the economic environment. They ...

Like Tree38Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2016, 03:13 PM   #31
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,315
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by CheramieIII View Post
But this site is for Saints football and salaries are part of that.
Of course salaries are part of it. But they are a given, a piece of negotiated fact based upon the economic environment. They cannot be right or wrong. They are what they are. They are simply a factor, albeit not as important a factor as many, many others and far from instrumental in the success of a team.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:15 PM   #32
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,103
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by CheramieIII View Post
Says me and remember opinions are objective and everyone has one.
There's less than 3,000 people in the entire world that can play professional football. He plays the position that is considered the most important on the field and generally is the highest paid. He does this as one of the absolute best in the game.

The marketplace decides value.
But unless you're writing checks it doesn't really matter...
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #33
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,315
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by frydaddy View Post
Dunno why anyone gives him the time of day. He's just a crotchety old fella who gets his jollies by trolling anyone and everyone he disagrees with. Save yourself some time and ignore him. He'll never admit or acknowledge that he's wrong for his behavior, and he'll certainly never respect anyone else's opinion.

He will, of course, disagree with all of this.
No, I won't agree with every opinion as I seldom voice an opinion myself. But, I will stridently disagree with anything presented as fact when it has nothing to do with fact and actual fact belies what is being presented.
spkb25 likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #34
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 2,846
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
No. Not starting again, I haven't stopped. I just finally got fed up with the uneducated bullcrap that a few of you are spreading concerning Brees, contracts and the Saints cap. I understand the truth is hard to take especially when it makes some of you feel so good bashing the greatest player in Saints history based upon totally false drivel. And, no, I not calling anyone illogical or stupid compared to me. I am calling them illogical with stupid arguments compared to any person that is logical and half way intelligent. Is it hitting close to home?
No it's not "hitting close to home". I actually agree with you most of the time you arrogant pompous ass. I was only rolling my eyes because your constant berating of other posters is annoying.

I'm done with this convo.
dizzle88 likes this.
jnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:09 PM   #35
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,979
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

NO COMMENT! ROFLMAO where's JoeSam when we need him.

Last edited by CheramieIII; 06-05-2016 at 04:21 PM..
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #36
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,315
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by jnormand View Post
No it's not "hitting close to home". I actually agree with you most of the time you arrogant pompous ass. I was only rolling my eyes because your constant berating of other posters is annoying.

I'm done with this convo.
This weekend's "beratings" of a handful of individuals have been nothing more than calling out those that have been erroneously "berating" Brees here over the past few days. I understand opinions are opinions, but if y'all want others that truly care about facts to respect your opinions then give some sort of basis in fact. Half of what I have been hearing has been no more valid than saying, "It is my opinion that the sun rises in the west". It is hard to determine whether the person posting the opinion is truly that dense or simply too lazy to spend a few minutes trying to discover the facts. I hope it is the second.

I understand your being tired of me being a pompous ass. What you need to understand is that I, and a number of others, are sick and tired of the same small circle here being such whiny, little *****y asses. Every damned thread turns into a Brees bash fest. It doesn't matter what the original subject begins as, one of the same few twist it around and attempt to blast Brees for being a greedy, manipulating self-absorbed player that they would rather see elsewhere.

Come on, tell me I'm wrong. It has become an old and tired theme that I have gotten fed up with. Therefore, I am calling out every individual that throws out the same load of crap. If that makes me pompous, fine.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:45 PM   #37
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,979
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
This weekend's "beratings" of a handful of individuals have been nothing more than calling out those that have been erroneously "berating" Brees here over the past few days. I understand opinions are opinions, but if y'all want others that truly care about facts to respect your opinions then give some sort of basis in fact. Half of what I have been hearing has been no more valid than saying, "It is my opinion that the sun rises in the west". It is hard to determine whether the person posting the opinion is truly that dense or simply too lazy to spend a few minutes trying to discover the facts. I hope it is the second.

I understand your being tired of me being a pompous ass. What you need to understand is that I, and a number of others, are sick and tired of the same small circle here being such whiny, little *****y asses. Every damned thread turns into a Brees bash fest. It doesn't matter what the original subject begins as, one of the same few twist it around and attempt to blast Brees for being a greedy, manipulating self-absorbed player that they would rather see elsewhere.

Come on, tell me I'm wrong. It has become an old and tired theme that I have gotten fed up with. Therefore, I am calling out every individual that throws out the same load of crap. If that makes me pompous, fine.
Come on Asylum, no one was "berating" Drew, maybe criticizing but not in a angry way rather just an opinion on what he should do, but when someone disagrees you become angry and start throwing names and insults around like candy at a parade. Calling names won't get you anywhere but get others pissed and if you intend to incite then you're on your way.

and I wasn't originally talking about Brees but mentioned him in the comment about Grayson but I gave too much of an opinion including Brees and that seemed to be the problem with you. There's that opinion thing again.

You talk of respect? Really!
dizzle88 and halloween 65 like this.

Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.
Jimmy Demaret

http://freedomfightersofamerica.com
http://nationalorganizationforallraces.com
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #38
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,103
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by CheramieIII View Post
Come on Asylum, no one was "berating" Drew, maybe criticizing but not in a angry way rather just an opinion on what he should do,
What he should do? I am so confused...Drew has nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing to do with our cap troubles. There is as much in dead money as his salary. He is the tenth highest paid QB in the league... like seriously, give it up dude. Admit you were wrong and move on.


Joe Flacco
Ravens
$66,400,000 $22,133,333 $44,000,000 $14,666,667 66.3% 2022 UFA
Aaron Rodgers
Packers
$110,000,000 $22,000,000 $54,000,000 $10,800,000 49.1% 2020 UFA
Russell Wilson
Seahawks
$87,600,000 $21,900,000 $31,700,000 $7,925,000 36.2% 2020 UFA
Ben Roethlisberger
Steelers
$87,400,000 $21,850,000 $34,250,000 $8,562,500 39.2% 2020 UFA
Eli Manning
Giants
$84,000,000 $21,000,000 $36,500,000 $9,125,000 43.5% 2020 UFA
Philip Rivers
Chargers
$83,250,000 $20,812,500 $37,500,000 $9,375,000 45.0% 2020 UFA
Cam Newton
Panthers
$103,800,000 $20,760,000 $41,000,000 $8,200,000 39.5% 2021 UFA
Matt Ryan
Falcons
$103,750,000 $20,750,000 $42,000,000 $8,400,000 40.5% 2019 UFA
Tom Brady
Patriots
$41,000,000 $20,500,000 $28,000,000 $14,000,000 68.3% 2020 UFA
Drew Brees
Saints
$100,000,000 $20,000,000 $40,000,000 $8,000,000 40.0% 2017 UFA

Ryan Tannehill makes 750,000 less than drew per year on the average of their contracts...r u absolutely kidding me

25 million per year for four years would be a ****ing bargain.
SaintFanInATLHELL likes this.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Lombardi
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:25 PM   #39
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,157
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

25 seems about right. Saints probably want a bit under that, Drew probably wants a bit more than that.

Thats how it works and thats probably what will eventually happen.

The real debate is for how long, and how much guaranteed.

Both sides have some leverage.

Drew doesn't wanna risk injury or decline so its in his best interest to strike while the iron is hot. His current market value is likely maxed out right now, or very close to it.

The Saints don't wanna risk him having an MVP season with no signs of decline, upping his market value significantly and being out-bid for his final 2 or 3 years.


The easily offended are easily manipulated
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #40
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,103
Re: Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
25 seems about right. Saints probably want a bit under that, Drew probably wants a bit more than that.

Thats how it works and thats probably what will eventually happen.

The real debate is for how long, and how much guaranteed.

Both sides have some leverage.

Drew doesn't wanna risk injury or decline so its in his best interest to strike while the iron is hot. His current market value is likely maxed out right now, or very close to it.

The Saints don't wanna risk him having an MVP season with no signs of decline, upping his market value significantly and being out-bid for his final 2 or 3 years.
Yep length and guaranteed, but we will probably need to make 50-60% guaranteed. It is for sure going to be in the 22-25m per year range
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/78246-notes-observations-thursday-s-organized-team-activity.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest R.J. Harris News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-08-2016 11:23 PM 2
The Latest Michael Thomas News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-04-2016 08:50 PM 1
The Latest Craig Robertson News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-04-2016 07:37 PM 2
Notes and observations from Thursday’s organized team activity This thread Refback 06-04-2016 07:19 AM 4
The Latest NFL News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-04-2016 07:10 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts