Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 How funny would it be if we traded Roman Harper Or we signed Harper because we're trading them Vacarro for Leary and a mid-round pick?...

Like Tree25Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #31
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,745
Re: Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
How funny would it be if we traded Roman Harper
Or we signed Harper because we're trading them Vacarro for Leary and a mid-round pick?
halloween 65 likes this.
ChrisXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #32
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 709
Re: Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
Or we signed Harper because we're trading them Vacarro for Leary and a mid-round pick?
I hope not. Vacarro is 100xs better than Harper.
NonieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:27 PM   #33
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,079
Re: Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary

I'm surprised
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #34
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,144
Re: Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary

Originally Posted by NonieT View Post
I hope not. Vacarro is 100xs better than Harper.
I disagree totally.

Slightly better? Maybe, just because of age.
halloween 65 likes this.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:15 PM   #35
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,979
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I disagree totally.

Slightly better? Maybe, just because of age.
Ditto. Harper did a good job for us in his prime and I think he can still contribute a lot and actually help KV.
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #36
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,311
Re: Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary

Harper was a stud for us. I do feel he was misused at times, but that became a trend with our past few DC's. I am hoping Dennis Allen can use the players to their strengths instead of trying to force them into a "system" like Ryan tends to do everywhere he fails.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:38 PM   #37
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,079
Re: Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary

Harper could slide a few games in as a starter but let's hope he is situational
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:39 PM   #38
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,413
Re: Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary

He still has to make the team.
QBREES9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:34 AM   #39
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,478
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary

WTF is it with this coaching staff and an unwillingness to do their job and coach up rookies?

And this laissez faire attitude with draft picks and player assets to acquire beaten players?

Leary is an adequate guard, sure, but we have that already, probably better...

These are the neurotic personnel moves that are going to keep us at 7-9 again...
ChrisXVI likes this.

Last edited by jeanpierre; 06-08-2016 at 07:47 AM..
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/78265-saints-talking-cowboys-about-og-ron-leary.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-08-2016 04:47 AM 2
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-06-2016 04:23 PM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-06-2016 03:59 PM 31
Saints talking to Cowboys about OG Ron Leary This thread Refback 06-06-2016 03:50 PM 11


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts