Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Training Camp Day 10

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by jeanpierre Seriously, defenses are traditionally ahead of offenses this time of year; it's just that our defense hath sucketh like no defense hath sucketh before... Now with just one defensive coordinator (one voice, one vision) and better, ...

Like Tree65Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #41
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,822
Re: Training Camp Day 10

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Seriously, defenses are traditionally ahead of offenses this time of year; it's just that our defense hath sucketh like no defense hath sucketh before...

Now with just one defensive coordinator (one voice, one vision) and better, deeper front seven talent, we're looking like a defense that, at the least, must be respected...
dude i agree with your post minus that absolute nonsense about one d coordinator. There never were two of them and we hired someone into the exact same position dennis had last year so it isn't like that position went away. this is a good post just shutup with that already lolol
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:27 PM   #42
500th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Scott
Posts: 520
Re: Training Camp Day 10

It seems for some, the glass will always be half empty. The offensive line is no worse than it was last year, and I have some hope than when Armstead returns it will actually be better. As for Brees, I'm sure he's accustomed to being able to do whatever he wants against our D, and that's beginning to change finally. He will get it figured out and he will surely abuse the defense some days..which will no doubt have the hand wringers back on his side and complaining about the defense. It's training camp guys and gals. We haven't even gotten a preseason game under our belt yet. Settle down and just enjoy the fact that football is back.

Mais forte do que a morte
frydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #43
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,822
Re: Training Camp Day 10

Originally Posted by frydaddy View Post
It seems for some, the glass will always be half empty. The offensive line is no worse than it was last year, and I have some hope than when Armstead returns it will actually be better. As for Brees, I'm sure he's accustomed to being able to do whatever he wants against our D, and that's beginning to change finally. He will get it figured out and he will surely abuse the defense some days..which will no doubt have the hand wringers back on his side and complaining about the defense. It's training camp guys and gals. We haven't even gotten a preseason game under our belt yet. Settle down and just enjoy the fact that football is back.
tell ya what i would much rather here our d is being competitive then that the offense is running wild.
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #44
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,051
Re: Training Camp Day 10

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
tell ya what i would much rather here our d is being competitive then that the offense is running wild.
Competition makes everyone better; the defense is winning right now which in turn makes the offense work harder to achieve perfection. When the offense starts winning, the defense in turn will work harder... win/win in my opinion
spkb25 likes this.
|Mitch| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #45
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,193
Re: Training Camp Day 10

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Competition makes everyone better; the defense is winning right now which in turn makes the offense work harder to achieve perfection. When the offense starts winning, the defense in turn will work harder... win/win in my opinion
Remember the training camp from '09 when defense ***** slapped the offense? This has a similar feel to it.
spkb25 and dizzle88 like this.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #46
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 4,968
Re: Training Camp Day 10

Originally Posted by jnormand View Post
I sure hope the reason the defense looks so good isn't because of that offensive line.
We (or at least I do) think that every year in TC. There's no answer to your question yet.

The offense has made their fair share of plays, but the defense is doing their thing as well. It's encouraging to see the defense take advantage of offensive mistakes, which we didn't see very much of the past two seasons (credit DA and his staff).

The Patriots joint practices and 1st preseason game next week will be quite telling.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:55 PM   #47
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,613
Re: Training Camp Day 10

spkb25, jeanpierre and |Mitch| like this.
ChrisXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #48
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 11,932
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Training Camp Day 10

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
dude i agree with your post minus that absolute nonsense about one d coordinator. There never were two of them and we hired someone into the exact same position dennis had last year so it isn't like that position went away. this is a good post just shutup with that already lolol
There is no nonsense; my name is not dude; and unless you have no clue Rob Ryan and Dennis Allen were essentially co-defensive coordinators last season as Allen was hired as Senior Defensive Assistant and part of his duties were to help Ryan "assist and better organize the defense" per Sean Payton; there're numerous article from last year; we discussed this here last season ad nauseum...

(excerpt from Dennis Allen on his job change, what he brings to New Orleans Saints' defense | NOLA.com )

Do you think there was ever any confusion within the players of who was in charge of the defense when you and Rob were together?

"You'd have to ask the players that. I don't have the answer to that question. I don't think that was the case. I think I tried to make it as clear as possible that Rob was in charge, and Rob was in charge."


Allen gave the PC answer, but the reporters knew it and eventually got a few players on local news stated that there was less confusion now that one defensive coordinator (Allen) was in charge...

Payton should have just fired Ryan before the season and begun the inevitable; instead, the Saints FO went through the farce and motions that Ryan was going to be given a chance to turn it around...

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #49
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 11,932
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Training Camp Day 10

And so Coach spoke...

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #50
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,051
Re: Training Camp Day 10

spkb25 likes this.
|Mitch| is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/79122-training-camp-day-10-a.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Training Camp Day 10 This thread Refback 08-06-2016 10:01 AM 10
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-06-2016 08:52 AM 10


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts