Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Well it's over guys

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; i wanted to get more 0- lineman in this years draft, drew was getting hammered last season but mostly everyone wanted defense, which i knew of our turrable defense but still hardheaded like i am i wanted to protect our ...

Like Tree84Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #61
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 4,455
Re: Well it's over guys

i wanted to get more 0- lineman in this years draft, drew was getting hammered last season but mostly everyone wanted defense, which i knew of our turrable defense but still hardheaded like i am i wanted to protect our hof qb. drew was never a running qb and o-line should have been on front burner, fairley , i knew would restart his career with us, so saved a draft pick there.
44Champs likes this.
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #62
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 8,703
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Well it's over guys

I wish the Saints FO would have addressed the GUARD position 2 years ago.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #63
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,941
Re: Well it's over guys

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I wish the Saints FO would have addressed the GUARD position 2 years ago.
Me too!!
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:57 PM   #64
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 4,698
Re: Well it's over guys

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I wish the Saints FO would have addressed the GUARD position 2 years ago.
Yeah! Whoever it would've been's knee would be just about healed up by now!
Seer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:14 PM   #65
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 328
Re: Well it's over guys

As of today:
Total points given up: 77 (32)
Points per game: 25.7 (32)
Rushing yrds per game: 95.0 (13)
Total passing yards: 769 (31)
Passing yards per game: 265.3 (27)
and Yards per game: 365.3 (25)

This is going to be a LONG painful season AGAIN.

People can say, Oh we aren't showing the real stuff yet. It's vanilla, blah blah blah. Well, so is everyone else. Our scrubs are playing their scrubs and our scrubs are getting OWNED. I don't know how you strike a balance between a stellar O and/or stellar D. But it can be done. Denver won the damn SB last year with a 3rd ranked D and an O that was ranked 15 ish or higher in Offensive categories. So I'm not buying into any more bull**** from Payton or Loomis about, this is best for this, this is best for that. Get your heads out of your collective asses and take some chances, REAL chances and find the right people. People that have been playing in this league for 20 years were great players for their former teams (James Laurinaitis) for one. But good God, they were let go for a reason. Please quit picking these people up! And Jarius Byrd, holy crap! I'll be honest. I drink a few beers when I watch the games so I don't catch every play. But I honestly don't recall ever seeing him do ANYTHING EVER, in the 5 plays I've seen him in since being here.

Like I said above. A LONG season looms. Here we go again.
Hope you can score 50 a week Drew.
foreverfan likes this.
4everSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #66
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,227
Re: Well it's over guys

Rick Venturi is the color commentator for the preseason Colts TV games and is on talk radio all the time. Listening to him you wonder with all his knowledge how did he compile a 2 - 19 NFL coaching record? Reminds me of Matt Millen before he became the GM at Detroit (we all know how that went) Knew EVERYTHING!!!!
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #67
BS Since 2003!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 11,696
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Well it's over guys

Originally Posted by 4everSaint View Post
As of today:
Total points given up: 77 (32)
Points per game: 25.7 (32)
Rushing yrds per game: 95.0 (13)
Total passing yards: 769 (31)
Passing yards per game: 265.3 (27)
and Yards per game: 365.3 (25)

This is going to be a LONG painful season AGAIN.

People can say, Oh we aren't showing the real stuff yet. It's vanilla, blah blah blah. Well, so is everyone else. Our scrubs are playing their scrubs and our scrubs are getting OWNED. I don't know how you strike a balance between a stellar O and/or stellar D. But it can be done. Denver won the damn SB last year with a 3rd ranked D and an O that was ranked 15 ish or higher in Offensive categories. So I'm not buying into any more bull**** from Payton or Loomis about, this is best for this, this is best for that. Get your heads out of your collective asses and take some chances, REAL chances and find the right people. People that have been playing in this league for 20 years were great players for their former teams (James Laurinaitis) for one. But good God, they were let go for a reason. Please quit picking these people up! And Jarius Byrd, holy crap! I'll be honest. I drink a few beers when I watch the games so I don't catch every play. But I honestly don't recall ever seeing him do ANYTHING EVER, in the 5 plays I've seen him in since being here.

Like I said above. A LONG season looms. Here we go again.
Hope you can score 50 a week Drew.

AsylumGuido likes this.
foreverfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:22 AM   #68
500th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Metairie
Posts: 950
Re: Well it's over guys

OK I haven't read all posts but let's chill a second. The offense will be good if not great. It ALWAYS is. If the D can be mediocre, we can win the bowl. Preseason is meaningless. In the Saints horror years we always looked great in preseason. Haslett won all his preseason games. I still believe. I admit I can't predict a Championship but I'm still optimistic. Brees is the QB. If some of the WRs we hot can produce and the D can improve, even later in the season, we could do it. WHO DAT!
AsylumGuido likes this.
billyt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:30 AM   #69
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 7,168
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Well it's over guys

Is the offense as good as it was. Every keeps saying top 3 or 4. Thats going off yards which is meaningless. The offense is good but hasn't been great since 2012

Total points scored
2012 3rd, 461 points
2013 10th, 414pts
2014 9th, 401pts
2015 8th, 408pts

Compare that to 2009 and 2011 Great offenses of 516 and 547 points.
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:52 AM   #70
500th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Metairie
Posts: 950
Re: Well it's over guys

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
Is the offense as good as it was. Every keeps saying top 3 or 4. Thats going off yards which is meaningless. The offense is good but hasn't been great since 2012

Total points scored
2012 3rd, 461 points
2013 10th, 414pts
2014 9th, 401pts
2015 8th, 408pts

Compare that to 2009 and 2011 Great offenses of 516 and 547 points.
I haven't loved our offense the last few years either. Last year teams often crowded the box on us and we lacked the WRs to make 'em pay. We need another one to step up. I like Ingram, but how many teams does anyone think he'd start for? I could see Peyton and Brees putting Fleener in the Pro Bowl, but he is an average blocker at best. So, in conclusion, Brees is the QB. The offense will be fine.
billyt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/79300-well-its-over-guys.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-21-2016 04:26 AM 2
The Latest NFL News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-20-2016 11:46 PM 1
Well it's over guys This thread Refback 08-20-2016 11:37 PM 4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts